Favourite Morrissey video and WHY!!!

Morrissey's writhing has been compared to the final death scene in Ashes and Diamonds (skip to around 4:45)
http://www.youtube.com/v/_SVLVBWbEbU&hl

Im fascinated by the november video...its fascinating how close certain bollywood dance sections are to this video....and especially how the male body is objectified in those scenes in these films..and well morrissey seems to enjoy his body pretty much in this video too to say the least;)
in the typical bollywood film a song is an externalisation of a character's thoughts, so they have to sing it out instead of showing their affections drectly so
these dancing scenes tend to be pretty sexual : with the so called wet sari scene..
the location in where the dancing /singing section take place are often in deserts, on a mountain ,standing in a lake
...and this desert dancing scenes where the male charater is acting as seductively and self obsessed as the female character in front of the camera are pretty similar to the " november" video
that i often imagine morrissey dancing instead of the leading indian actor:D
i wonder if someone else here has noticed that too

but I cant really decide between november and tomorrow.
#Tomorrow:.l love the b/w shot, the whole simple idea of just walking towards the camera and look handsome as hell..

scarlet ijhad the same idea for this thread yesterday ..you were just a bit faster with posting it....;-)

I love watching his videos. It's easy to reinterprete lyrics into your own personal esoteric package, but the videos subtly demonstrate the everyday pain he experiences and to watch some of them breaks my heart, so I stop.

"If only I had known at the time."

I love watching his videos. It's easy to reinterprete lyrics into your own personal esoteric package, but the videos subtly demonstrate the everyday pain he experiences and to watch some of them breaks my heart, so I stop. "If only I had known at the time."
its the visual simularity not the lyrics i did point out ^^
;)

I've always liked:

Mostly because of the pool table scene and the scene where Moz is walking through the house and he shoves the back of the lady's chair.

Simple things amuse me :D

yes, als my favorite! especially because of the pool table!
4328736.gif

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dagenham Dave simply for the pool table moment.

But also Seasick:

Just WOW...no other makes me say that!

and Will Never Marry:

^ It is simply beautiful and shows that raw connection between Moz and fans.

Love PTxx.

You know it just has to be November Spawned a Monster,
because Steven is particularly nice and sexy in that one,
and then of course it's My Love Life, I mean to say the whole
lot of them in that car and Steven just looks totally amazing,
so unruffled, so cool, mmmmmmm......just blissfully yummy

Reminds me of being bullied by my 'friends' as I struggled to fit in and they chased women.

I love this video, like the song, so very much!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0pguPkb4P-M

Victoria Park is only a short walk from my flat (honest Prisoner 77)and often go for a little stroll round where this was filmed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom