Favourite American TV programme

Silent Reader

On Timeout
On Timeout
I've gone for American because they make so many high quality, multi series programmes that we get over here.

We do some good shows but i think the Americans do it best. Certainly 'serious' stuff anyway, maybe not so much sitcoms. But maybe that's a humour thing - apart from Curb.

I'd go for 24, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, Quantum Leap, The West Wing, The Wire & The Walking Dead.

For starters.

Thoughts?

My adoptive sister tried to murder me several times when we were kids. It was no joke. So I watch Dateline, 48 Hours, etc because I'm curious about the ways of murderers. She killed our canary because I got along with it well. This was all before I got put into a group home, and then a foster home, ran away (because the foster father was abusive), ended up back at the group home, met Carrie the pimp...

That's not angry at you by the way! It's the story, it makes me angry for you.
She's had a steady, decently paying job all her adult life, husband, kids. No blemish on her. She never went to a group home or foster home, never mind lived on the streets. No, she's normalcy itself, but she's got a murderous heart.

She's 4 years older than I.
20190121_155454.jpg

Beverly Hillbillies. Jethro's character arc really deserves more attention.
And here I was thinking, when I saw you’d posted on here, you might actually have written something decent, about Breaking Bad maybe.

You really are capable of being so much better, I can tell. But you’re too busy trying to impress Radis & be in his gang.

And here I was thinking, when I saw you’d posted on here, you might actually have written something decent, about Breaking Bad maybe.

You really are capable of being so much better, I can tell. But you’re too busy trying to impress Radis & be in his gang.
I like to think it as less of a gang, more of a gentlemen's club with lots of club chairs, newspaper sticks, and decanters of cognac.

I like to think it as less of a gang, more of a gentlemen's club with lots of club chairs, newspaper sticks, and decanters of cognac.
I like a Brandy.

What’s it going to be today then Radis? I’m actually not very well, so I’m in bed & going to be online quite a lot - we going to be nice or more of the usual?

I think I can guess.

Last edited:
I mean @Radis Noir , why don’t you try taking part in an actual conversation, rather than just negative posting all the f***ing time?

You don’t seem to like any sport, you don’t seem to like any other music...do you like any TV? Do you have anything to say about anything, other than what a racist Morrissey is & left wing politics?

I mean @Radis Noir , why don’t you try taking part in an actual conversation, rather than just negative posting all the f***ing time?

You don’t seem to like any sport, you don’t seem to like any other music...do you like any TV? Do you have anything to say about anything, other than what a racist Morrissey is & left wing politics?
You are correct in that I don't like sport very much, grand tour cycling excepted. I like lots of music, mainly modern pop and rock, and classical. I watch some TV, mainly American/Canadian sci-fi and crime series, and anything presented by Anthony Bourdain. I have an opinion on nearly everything, you just have to ask.

You are correct in that I don't like sport very much, grand tour cycling excepted. I like lots of music, mainly modern pop and rock, and classical. I watch some TV, mainly American/Canadian sci-fi and crime series, and anything presented by Anthony Bourdain. I have an opinion on nearly everything, you just have to ask.
I have asked though haven’t I Radis, that’s what my threads are all about. They’re open to everyone you know.

American sci-if? Quantum Leap? The X-Files? 2 of my all time favourites there, I forgot the X Files in my original post actually. Not the last 2 series when they brought it back mind, they were awful.

American sci-if? Quantum Leap? The X-Files? 2 of my all time favourites there, I forgot the X Files in my original post actually. Not the last 2 series when they brought it back mind, they were awful.
Perhaps predictably, I didn't like either of those shows.

Oh, I forgot Twin Peaks, although I’m sure it’ll be another one ‘no-one watched’, no doubt.

And I like some of the old American shows like The Incredible Hulk & The A-Team; they’d be way too slow for today’s crowd, especially the Hulk, but they have a certain innocence about them. Although I don’t think Hannibal dressing in disguise as a Chinese bloke with a really ‘Chinese’ accent would pass today.

Still, no doubt ‘no-one watches/d these’ either🤔

Oh, I forgot Twin Peaks, although I’m sure it’ll be another one ‘no-one watched’, no doubt.

And I like some of the old American shows like The Incredible Hulk & The A-Team; they’d be way too slow for today’s crowd, especially the Hulk, but they have a certain innocence about them. Although I don’t think Hannibal dressing in disguise as a Chinese bloke with a really ‘Chinese’ accent would pass today.

Still, no doubt ‘no-one watches/d these’ either🤔
Yes, I remember The Incredible Hulk. It was required viewing at the time. It was a darned sight better than either of the Hulk movies.

Back
Top Bottom