Fabio Lavino IG: Ringleaders photo outtake (April 10, 2020)

#ringleaderandtormentors i still remember the first phone call ...do you know PP Pasolini? The films #mammaroma ? #accattone ? I would like to take photos of my new album inspired by the locations of this films, we spent 2 months together making locations and then photos for the cover of the album and 5 singles, this was for me a great gift , a surprise that job often gives u, and #morrissey , Moz, was always special of immense kindness and complicity with all my staff, and work with them for his videos #photography #art #instagood #music #contrastophotographers

full

He's shared previously (see here for more examples).

33621299345_bf8a4dc5a4_b.jpg

Thanks to @joe frady

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love these back street shots, no different from the smiths shots from the north of England... I think he'strying to say , Rome has the same shit holes as anywhere else, and there is beauty in ugliness. ....

I love these back street shots, no different from the smiths shots from the north of England... I think he'strying to say , Rome has the same shit holes as anywhere else, and there is beauty in ugliness. ....
Funny - that's what I kept trying to tell my ex.

Personally I quite liked the machine gun, and I much preferred the baby image to the actual content on that album. Likewise the motorbike/dog on World Peace. Can we count the mic on Your Arsenal?? I also liked those shots Jake took of him with Fanny the cat sitting on his head. So I'm not averse to the props per se, but the violin just seemed a Prop Too Far. Probably because he's holding it wrong, and it looks really shiny and cheap, so the whole thing seemed a bit tacky. Violin snobbery.
The name of the album said it well enough. We didn't really need him playing the violin. Why not go the whole hog and have him gallivanting down a path playing a flute?

I find Morrissey has enough presence to be photographed minus any tacky props but that's just my opinion.

The name of the album said it well enough. We didn't really need him playing the violin. Why not go the whole hog and have him gallivanting down a path playing a flute?

I find Morrissey has enough presence to be photographed minus any tacky props but that's just my opinion.
It’s a good opinion.

For swiftness ~

Fab Moz Roma album

Probably, M.'s last significant pop photographic project. And his most concerted since Linder or Jake.

Perhaps inpsired by Roma. Or amore.

Personally, í love a bit of hammy fiddlin'... ;)

33238041620_29e7fcf91b_k.jpg

What a spectacular picture...when he quotes his blue eyes on I'll get you Joyce on ill get my revenge on you album....... he really means it...... I've got green eyes myself , but not half as striking as his.......mine are way far B and M , bargain basement... just like Benny and uncle skinny , two whores that may soothe each other....... skinny, the main man on here now....... and I give my whole persona to you...... you have clout, and the entire hold over the lot of us...... if I had a cloth cap I would wring it with both hands in your presence sir........ you do have things to say, not that I could ever agree with you sir , but you are never impartial, that's what I fancy about you ..... keep , me us , going skinny on here ..... Benny is dead long love uncle skinny....... carlislebaz endorses you...... skinny.....keep the fight going.......

Reflection.
Have recently been listening to both Lou Reeds's New York and Moz's latest album and I find that they suit each other.

On Morrissey’s preshow-film on the last tour he had some Lou Reed footage. It looked great and suited Morrissey and his show perfectly.

As an artist and maybe as a person, Moz is not completely unlike the late Reed. Their refusal of apologising, of trying to be nice was mutual, as was their no-bullshit relation they had to their art. Compromise and sell outs were unknown.

On his 1988 album New York, Reeds goes political and makes clear he has his doubts about PLO and Jesse Jackson (PLO – Palestinian Liberation Organisation and Jesse Jackson – black Democratic politician and twice runner for president)

That made the music publication The Rolling Stone annoyed at the time who called it the album’s “one significant flaw.” Somehow Reed’s deeply personal outlook on things and unapologetic attitude together with the telling off by the press made me think of Moz.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom