Extremely Rare Morrissey/Smiths Items for sale (including HIG negative sleeve)

Tom

Just a quick update (11/30), I'm bringing this to a close this week, so PM me if you're interested.

I've listed a few odds and ends on eBay including some nice LP copies of Vauxhall and Southpaw as well as The Loop and Family Line French CDs:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ginge_220/m...e=STRK:MESELX:IT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

More importantly, I'm going to hold a private auction for some ultra-rare items that I don't feel like posting publicly on eBay. Some are from my own collection and others I'm selling by proxy via a friend. All the items have been well kept and are in pristine condition.

If you're interested in any of the items, PM and let me know your offered price. If you need more details on anything, just ask. I've listed minimum offer prices for each item, which is the absolute lowest price I'd consider selling each item for.

I may add to the list, but for now here's the list of items currently offered:

Vauxhall and I UK Test Pressing (white label, black sleeve) – Minimum offer of $500

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore 7" Test Pressing (w/ Live MIM) – Minimum offer of $500

William It Was Really Nothing Italian Mispressed 12" (with HISN outtake) - Minimum offer of $500

Reel Around The Fountain 7" Test Pressing – Minimum offer of $1,500

Hand In Glove 7" Negative Sleeve (yes, that one) – Minimum offer of $3,000

Morrissey Reference CDs
These are extremely rare. Rhino planned a series of re-issues to coincide with the release of You Are The Quarry in 2004. All of Morrissey's prior albums were fully remastered and the plan was to release extra tracks along with each album. These extra tracks ranged from unreleased songs to alternate versions and alternate mixes.

Of course these releases never saw the light of day and only exist now in the form of in-house reference CDs (of which only several were pressed). Very few people are privy to them. These CDs are labeled as "Internal Review Copies" that were meant for those working on the reissues.
It goes without saying that these discs are exceedingly rare and you're unlikely to see them offered for sale again. Some have two discs, and some have just a single disc:

Bona Drag – 2004 Remaster with bonus tracks – Minimum offer $500
Your Arsenal - 2004 Remaster with bonus tracks - Minimum offer $2,000
Vauxhall and I - 2004 Remaster with bonus tracks - Minimum offer $2,000
Southpaw Grammar - 2004 Remaster with bonus tracks - Minimum offer $1,000

Aside from the bonus tracks, it's my personal opinion that the remastering is the real star of these discs. Particularly for Arsenal and Vauxhall, two releases that have always sounded dull and anemic to me in terms of mastering. Vauxhall especially shines as all the faults of that initial release are corrected, it sounds fantastic. The mastering of Bona Drag is different from both the original release and the 2010 remaster, while Southpaw sounds identical to the 2009 re-issue (but with the original running order). PM me for details about the bonus tracks, I won't be listing them here.

PM me to make an offer and ask for more details. Serious offers only. I don't know how long I'll run the private auction just yet, it will depend on the kind of offers I receive. Please don't waste my time asking questions if you have no intention of making an offer.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Extremely Rare Morrissey/Smiths Items for sale (including HIG negative sleeve...)

Hi great stuff.

What currency are your prices in?

Thanks and regards
T

Re: Extremely Rare Morrissey/Smiths Items for sale (including HIG negative sleeve...)

He's a rare rare ghost!

The+Smiths+-+Hand+In+Glove+-+Negative+Sleeve+-+7%22+RECORD-33378.jpg

I've listed a few odds and ends on eBay including some nice LP copies of Vauxhall and Southpaw as well as The Loop and Family Line French CDs:

Morrissey Reference CDs
These are extremely rare. Rhino planned a series of re-issues to coincide with the release of You Are The Quarry in 2004. All of Morrissey's prior albums were fully remastered and the plan was to release extra tracks along with each album. These extra tracks ranged from unreleased songs to alternate versions and alternate mixes.

Bona Drag – 2004 Remaster with bonus tracks – Minimum offer $500
Your Arsenal - 2004 Remaster with bonus tracks - Minimum offer $2,000
Vauxhall and I - 2004 Remaster with bonus tracks - Minimum offer $2,000
Southpaw Grammar - 2004 Remaster with bonus tracks - Minimum offer $1,000

PM me to make an offer and ask for more details. Serious offers only. I don't know how long I'll run the private auction just yet, it will depend on the kind of offers I receive. Please don't waste my time asking questions if you have no intention of making an offer.

Thanks,

Tom

If this guy is for real shouldn't this be a front page news item compared to the usual crude !? Can't believe these exist personally as I've never heard any whisper of these before and if they'd gone to bother/expense of remastering they'd have just released them anyway ?

Waldo.

Waldo, if it becomes "front page news" I'll simply remove the reference CDs from being offered. I'm not looking for that kind of attention. Yes, I'm for real, and these have been in fact been offered in private auctions before... (how do you think I got them in the first place?).

And to the other person who asked, the prices are in US dollars.

Waldo, if it becomes "front page news" I'll simply remove the reference CDs from being offered. I'm not looking for that kind of attention. Yes, I'm for real, and these have been in fact been offered in private auctions before... (how do you think I got them in the first place?).

Fair enough. Obviously I have no idea how you got hold of them in the first place. A few years ago I might have been in the market for big ticket items such as these but unfortunately finances no longer allow that kind of purchase, hopefully one day any unreleased stuff on there will see official release anyway.

Waldo.

Any chance of a tracklist for Your Arsenal and Vauxhall & I?

Tom is a good friend of mine.

Where are we with the private bidding process..been looking forward to update,Daz

What a joke! You are selling your posters to fund a 'broken boiler' and yet you on here bidding for stuff!

Hey anonymouse...show your face(or name) my boiler is being replaced next Tuesday at a cost of £2500...would you like a picture??? Didn't realise people had nout better to do,I'm allowed to bid or buy or sell what I like-YOU need to get a life!!!

Hey anonymouse...show your face(or name) my boiler is being replaced next Tuesday at a cost of £2500...would you like a picture??? Didn't realise people had nout better to do,I'm allowed to bid or buy or sell what I like-YOU need to get a life!!!

It does seem a little queer as you were also previously selling your prized collection as you were (allegedly) moving abroad (or similar). It's not that we're totally intrigued by your lifestyle or even your existence, moreso just curious about how ardent a collector you actually are (as opposed to being interested in a fast buck). Incidentally, is the boiler being replaced in one of thoseuglynewhouses? So much for modern builds, if so. Finally, as fascinating as you are, no, we really DON'T want to see a picture, thanks.

A collection 25 years in the making sold off....that is what I call a fast buck!!! It's not that I think you are a little queer but why are you anonymous..it would be great to put a name to my stalker, maybe a private message or something-I'm here if you need to talk darling,Daz

A shame to see my thread hijacked by idiots. I just wanted to say the private auction is still running, so feel free to PM me for more info.

Is minimum the price you paid?

It's great stuff, it really is, but...hectic prices for this time and age.

Bought a couple items off you Ebay listings. GREAT prices for the buyer.

A shame to see my thread hijacked by idiots. I just wanted to say the private auction is still running, so feel free to PM me for more info.

Good point Tom, mentioning idiots and private auctions. Curiously, all the ebay auctions offered by aboyfromthoseuglynewhouses seem to have been set as private listings too - with all bidders' identities protected. Maybe he needs to remember that shyness is nice... etc, next time he spouts off about "anoynmous" posts on this forum.

Curiously Mr or Mrs Anonymous, Tom is referring to you and I as "the idiot's" for using his thread to exchange pointless banter, I would actually be interested in buying thing's from Tom but I have no idea where the private auction is right now as I think I am now barred, all because of your nosey spouting off..anyway-my ebay auctions, it's lovely to see you take such a keen interest, do you have anything to trade or sell right now? This is the market place forum, NOT a sanctuary for shy guest's.

Dear Tom, if you haven't lost the will to live yet feel free to PM me regarding an update on auctions..some of us here actually do business and not just talk b******s!!

Good point Tom, mentioning idiots and private auctions. Curiously, all the ebay auctions offered by aboyfromthoseuglynewhouses seem to have been set as private listings too - with all bidders' identities protected. Maybe he needs to remember that shyness is nice... etc, next time he spouts off about "anoynmous" posts on

I too would like to know why the same items regularly appear in your auctions, sell , only to be relisted days later.

Do you not get the prices you wanted or are you plain greedy.

I'm so bored now A NONE, the There is a light promo you are spouting about as just been paid for and is off to sunny Spain, yes I have listed another one, it's lovely too, please go and bid on it or are you a potless dreamer..just to remind you again that this is the market place, where items are bought, sold, traded or discussed, talking about my auctions or forum post's on Tom's post is rude, I will not reply to you again...pm me if you need to talk any more, I know you want to-DON'T BE SHY.

PS give yourself a username..try "ANNOYINGMOUSE"

Hi guys, I must apologize for not keeping track of this private auction properly. Call it bad timing, but right after I initially made this post, a big work related trip to Los Angeles came up as well as some unneeded personal drama. I won't bore anyone with details, I just wanted to say that many of items, particularly the reference discs are still up for grabs. I will be responding to those who sent in offers as I've been terrible at communication lately. I plan to rectify that starting today. To anyone who has yet to make an offer and you're still interested, I won't be running this for much longer, so please PM me in the coming days.

Thanks for your patience.

Back
Top Bottom