Ever dress like Morrissey? Show us :)

Ooh, good call--and maybe that's what all those internal '!'s mean in The Cat's Mother's posts (e.g. "Knitted!Moz" or whatever it is).

Oh, my friend does that. I'm not sure if it applies to 'knitted!Moz', but she uses it like this example:
My computer is designed to look like a car. When my friend sees it she says, 'It's your car!computer.', whish basically means that the object that is after the exclamation mark looks or is like the object before.

My mom calls them click clacks, but I'm pretty certain she's the only one in the world who does that.

It's not done until it's done.

When I was a kid my mom called them "sleechen". She was of German decent so I don't know if that word had some German meaning.

When I was a kid my mom called them "sleechen". She was of German decent so I don't know if that word had some German meaning.

'Sleechen' isn't a German word as far as I am aware. 'Schleichen' (the 'ei' is pronounced like 'I') means 'to creep', though, so that might work.

'Sleechen' isn't a German word as far as I am aware. 'Schleichen' (the 'ei' is pronounced like 'I') means 'to creep', though, so that might work.

But wouldn't the proper form then be "Der schleichenfußthongen"?

if we talking about knickers/panties it means schlüpfer in common speech

g-strings are stringtangas here
some people here called it zahnseide( dental floss)in common speech

Last edited:
id we talking about knickers/panties it means schlüpfer in common speech

g-strings hmm in common speeech some people here called it zahnseide( dental floss)

Oh thank you! At last there's a proper German here to correct me. :D
We were also talking about these thongs (or flip flops):
99501410_m.jpg

I don't know of the spelling of it, I was more representing the phonetics of it, but thank you for the interpretation.

She had various phrases/words.

Another was (again phonetically): Cut sheet nut

which she said meant: Cat sh*t wet

we never had a cat so I don't know why she'd say that.

Edit: she was referring to the shoes with the therm "sleechen" not ones undergarments. I don't think she would have spoke about a g-string in any terms. I remember once as a kid, a moving truck or some such was across the street, and on its side was the name was "George Bros. Moving Company or something like that. And I was reading the name off "Georg Brus" George Broes" "George Bras". When I said the "Bras" one, she gave me a look....

Last edited:
no problem girl...so youre made your way out of the frink..;);):D
so hope you arrive at wireless just in time..i think queiung up too early isnt too ideal... its much easier at festivals to go up front than i indoor concerts at least i had the experience with that...is it a long drive from your home to hyde park?

I don't know of the spelling of it, I was more representing the phonetics of it, but thank you for the interpretation.

She had various phrases/words.

Another was (again phonetically): Cut sheet nut

which she said meant: Cat sh*t wet

we never had a cat so I don't know why she'd say that.

means: katzenscheisse nass? lol
but

schiet is anothern north german word of scheisse(shit) so i think your mum maybe did emigrate from north germany..quite alot emigrate to th USA cause of the unemployment...
http://userweb.port.ac.uk/~joyce1/dialects/friesisch.html
The Frisian languages are a closely related group of Germanic languages, spoken by about 500,000 members of Frisian ethnic groups, who live on the southern fringes of the North Sea in Denmark, the Netherlands and Germany. Frisian languages are the most closely related living European languages to Old English, but modern English and Frisian are mostly unintelligible to each other. It has been asserted that fishermen from Great Yarmouth could understand fishermen from Harlingen in Friesland. Frisian languages bear similarities to both Dutch (from which many Frisian words have been borrowed) and Danish, and Danish speakers are able to understand some spoken Frisian. Additional shared linguistic characteristics between the Great Yarmouth area, Friesland, and Denmark are likely to have resulted from the close trading relationship these areas maintained during the centuries-long Hanseatic League of the Late Middle Ages.

there is east friesland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostfriesland
and north friesland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordfriesland where i lived too for a while

or
its platt
platt
Low German or Low Saxon (in Germany:plattdüütsch or Nedderdüütsch; in Netherlands: Nedersaksisch or Nederduuts; see nomenclature) is any of the regional language varieties of the West Germanic languages spoken mainly in Northern Germany and eastern parts of the Netherlands.

the people up north here a has their very own sense of humour which most of southerns dont get so the north south divide exists here too

but of course its another north south divide then in england

Last edited:
no problem girl...so youre made your way out of the frink..;);):D
so hope you arrive at wireless just in time..i think queiung up too early isnt too ideal... its much easier at festivals to go up front than i indoor concerts at least i had the experience with that...is it a long drive from your home to hyde park?

Yeah... After 1000 posts. :rolleyes:
Oh, there's no point driving. It would take hours and there would be nowhere to park, so we'll probably go by train and tube. We only live about 15 miles (20-25 km) away from Hyde Park, and it takes about 30 minutes to get to Charing Cross from home.

Anyway, I shall post myself dressed as Morrissey as soon as I can. I can't find any quiff-y pictures right now! :tears:

Dang it people, those are called slippers!

edit: I meant to also say: Skinner, cute pics!!!! You did us proud :)

haha, thanks.

And I didn't know they called them slippers in Cali???

means: katzenscheisse nass? lol
but

schiet is anothern north german word of scheisse so i think your mum maybe did emigrate from north germany..quite alot emigrate to th USA cause of the unemployment...

She spoke of "high" and "low" German, but I don't know where her people came from. She was born in the USA but I'm sure her parents came from Germany. They were farmers.

Dang it people, those are called slippers!

edit: I meant to also say: Skinner, cute pics!!!! You did us proud :)

Those aren't slippers!
You don't wear slippers outside unless you are an old lady going to the shops.
These are slippers:
S708_Toasty_toes_slippers_L1.jpg

haha, thanks.

And I didn't know they called them slippers in Cali???
haha actually I think most people call them flip flops here. However, I grew up in Hawaii and they're called slippers there!!!

Those aren't slippers!
You don't wear slippers outside unless you are an old lady going to the shops.
These are slippers:
S708_Toasty_toes_slippers_L1.jpg
:p well I call those bedroom or house slippers.

btw Franzanna, I'm soooo proud of you for finally stepping outside of the frink thread. :D

Yessssssssssssssssssss! Do it!!! :cool:

Ok, 'ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we goooo...
mewithOscarWilde.jpg

Reading Oscar Wilde with a Meat is Murder t-shirt on. Does that count?
HPIM0946.jpg

Alright, that one only counts if Morrissey ever wore a blue dress. It was the only quiff-y picture I could find! I know there are other ones, but I couldn't find them.

haha actually I think most people call them flip flops here. However, I grew up in Hawaii and they're called slippers there!!!

:p well I call those bedroom or house slippers.

btw Franzanna, I'm soooo proud of you for finally stepping outside of the frink thread. :D

Ok, I'll let you off. :p
Shurrup. I have left the Frink thread before, but everyone else makes me feel inferior and insignificant by being so much more knowledgeable about der Moz than me.

Back
Top Bottom