Morrissey Central "ENNIO MORRICONE" / "MORRICONE & MORRISSEY IN ROMA" (July 6, 2020)

images_hsqmlt.jpg

"Ennio Morricone, the exalted and revered Italian composer, has died aged 91 in Rome. Morricone and his orchestra played on Morrissey's album "Ringleader Of The Tormentors"."

Unknown_copy_22_klt2n6.jpg

"I was aware that Morricone had said no to U2, no to David Bowie, and no to Robbie Williams, so I was thrilled when he said Yes to me. His contributions to my 'Ringleader Of The Tormentors' album are, naturally, completely dismissed by the jargon jugglers, but they burst and thrive in my heart forever. In reflection of the happiest days imaginable, I say the temporary parting of ar'ri've'der'ci to he who gave all to the greatness of Italia."

MORRISSEY
6 July 2020

FWD.

UPDATE July 7:

Link posted by joe frady:

ENNIO MORRICONE…
….CONDUCTS MORRISSEY'S 'DEAR GOD, PLEASE HELP ME' IN ROMA

https://t.co/7JKy5EkYnW

Our thanks to Alice Gahan.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s totally necessary.

Love him or leave him.

I love him, so I stay.’

Ok, stay, but don’t complain. ;)

He was just complimenting Morricone on having incredibly good taste in music, which
must have helped in deciding to work with Morrissey.

:tiphat:
Can I not ever mention anything I feel unconfortable about in Morrissey's behaviour, without being ostracized ?

Yes, Sir, so you allow me to stay as long as I don't "complain".

I'll think about that.

Viva Barone Raffaele top Italian Police Officer who “terrorised“ Steve for 35 minutes on the streets of Rome.

Whilst on duty Barone of Polizia 113 on his motorcycle registered G2458 bravely challenged a car being driven at speed in the wrong direction.
This was a time of very high international security due to threats of suicide attacks and somehow Steve was involved with this incident, driver/passenger/other. Much was made of this incident by Mr Morrissey’s Nephew on social media who claimed the event was witnessed and filmed by a gathering crowd. The social media posts have since been deleted and to this day we still await the footage.

I‘d like to take this opportunity to appeal to any member of the public who witnessed this incident to come forward. Please cast your mind back to July 4th 2017 at around 7:45 local time. Did you see a car speeding in the wrong direction just outside the Nike store?
Was you in the large crowd that gathered? Do you have any footage on your mobile phone?

This was a very traumatic event for Barone given the heightened sense of security. No doubt he still has flashbacks of that car travelling in the wrong direction at high speed. Please do the right thing and come forward so we can get some closure for Mr Raffaele and his family.

Remember. This was an isolated incident. Please don’t have nightmares.

🇬🇧 :knife:

Funny you should mention that, I thought about that police officer when I heard that story

Simple association of ideas: guy gets harassed by some douche for basically just doing his job and making people respect a rule that exists to make everybody feel safer. Wearing a mask. Following traffic rules.

In both cases, the douche feels rules don"t apply to him/ her. In spite of there being no logical reason why they shouldn't. Ladydouche doesn't mention having a condition, like asthma for instance, which might exempt her. Doucheman is just a passenger in a car driven by an idiot and therefore no different from what Italian policemen see every day.

The douche seems unable to understand rules are sometimes needed not to end up with a complete mess: contagion; car crash...He/she takes them as a personal affront.

In fact, the douche doesn't feel part of a community but above it. He/ she expects to be served by members of a community whose rules he/she won't follow, though.

She expects coffee , he expects his food to be perfect, his hotel bath to be spotless, someone to sweep the floor after he throws peanuts ...and he expects to be free to move as he bloody well likes, even if that means running over someone.

When people remind her/him she/he is nothing special (and even less than that if you consider concrete contributions to society, in Doucheman's case), the douche tries to name and shame. "I'm going to make you famous!" says Doucheman to Rafaele Baroni, and just like that, he is.( Lenin was sorta famous before ms Gilles introduced him)(well maybe not in the US.)

This often backfires, but here again, the douche fails to see why, because the narcissistic douche understands very little about human interaction in general.

Does the douche even care when people have very negative opinions about him? That's unlikely. The whole of Italy thinking he's a loathsome asshole won't prevent Doucheman from finishing his pasta in Peru.(which is why if we call Morrissey that on an internet forum, Gordyboy shouldn't get too upset).

Next time you harass a worker , Morrissey, because you despise anybody who works for a living instead of flourishing thanks to a lifetime of self-indulgence, entitlement, lies , manipulation, and near total imbecility, I'll start a gofundme campaign and will give all the money I've saved by not giving you any since 2004.

As for Enio Morricone, I think he just mistook you for Liberace and was curious. Just like everybody in Italy,, really.
I bet the novelty has worn off a bit, mate.

("Don't mate Morrissey!")

No idea why they didn't just buck up and release a full orchestral version of "Dear God Please Help Me." I wonder if an extended version exists somewhere.

I remember Ringleader being hyped to shit before it came out, what with the Morricone collaboration, Tony Visconti producing, all this talk about "Life is a Pigsty" being a proggy, multi-part epic (I remember one review referring to it as Morrissey's "Paranoid Android") and so on. Was deeply disappointed when it came out. Marginally more sonically interesting than Quarry, but the song quality was already starting to sag.

No idea why they didn't just buck up and release a full orchestral version of "Dear God Please Help Me." I wonder if an extended version exists somewhere.

I remember Ringleader being hyped to shit before it came out, what with the Morricone collaboration, Tony Visconti producing, all this talk about "Life is a Pigsty" being a proggy, multi-part epic (I remember one review referring to it as Morrissey's "Paranoid Android") and so on. Was deeply disappointed when it came out. Marginally more sonically interesting than Quarry, but the song quality was already starting to sag.

Jesse Tobias.

The cover, his grandiose view of himself.
A polished turd.

Viva Barone Raffaele top Italian Police Officer who “terrorised“ Steve for 35 minutes on the streets of Rome.

Whilst on duty Barone of Polizia 113 on his motorcycle registered G2458 bravely challenged a car being driven at speed in the wrong direction.
This was a time of very high international security due to threats of suicide attacks and somehow Steve was involved with this incident, driver/passenger/other. Much was made of this incident by Mr Morrissey’s Nephew on social media who claimed the event was witnessed and filmed by a gathering crowd. The social media posts have since been deleted and to this day we still await the footage.

I‘d like to take this opportunity to appeal to any member of the public who witnessed this incident to come forward. Please cast your mind back to July 4th 2017 at around 7:45 local time. Did you see a car speeding in the wrong direction just outside the Nike store?
Was you in the large crowd that gathered? Do you have any footage on your mobile phone?

This was a very traumatic event for Barone given the heightened sense of security. No doubt he still has flashbacks of that car travelling in the wrong direction at high speed. Please do the right thing and come forward so we can get some closure for Mr Raffaele and his family.

Remember. This was an isolated incident. Please don’t have nightmares.

What a complete pantomime dame you have become, very sad

He is the gift that just keeps on giving LOL 😂
He reached the top of the ladder, couldn’t keep up and now it’s crystal clear he really wasn’t anything special at all. A great pretender who stole from others and enjoyed walking in the rain just to get wet on purpose.
Nobody’s Nothing.
Total CrankFraud.
Full of shit.

And your first post on this thread is.... nothing about ennio... straight in to twist your knife against morrissey, you self serving ego maniac ... practise what you preach 4 king knuckle scraper ....

I think it’s totally necessary.

Love him or leave him.

I love him, so I stay.’

Ok, stay, but don’t complain.

UGH. The only people more tiresome and obnoxious than Old Man Morrissey himself are his heads-in-the-sand apologists. You're as bad as blind faith Trump supporters.

UGH. The only people more tiresome and obnoxious than Old Man Morrissey himself are his heads-in-the-sand apologists. You're as bad as blind faith Trump supporters.

ewe. delete this comment and go away and dont come back until you come up with a better first post.

ewe. delete this comment and go away and dont come back until you come up with a better first post.

How fitting that you misspelled "eww" as "ewe," which is a female sheep -- for that's clearly what you are: a sheep following your bigoted shepherd wherever he may lead.

Also, that wasn't my first post. You apparently missed this gem of mine:

🎵"But I know that you would like me...
If only you could meet me..." 🎵

Very, very doubtful, Moz. You've become a shameless self-aggrandizing egomaniac and right-wing nutter. What a waste of an otherwise extraordinary legacy.

So benny let me get this right, have you teamed up on here with “ I love sucking morrisseys left nut” nutter... god he’s a 4kin laugh a minute ain’t he, bigger gusset than you.... the pair of yous are like cisse and Ada , two old dears talking ballocks .... and everyone laughing AT you......

How fitting that you misspelled "eww" as "ewe," which is a female sheep -- for that's clearly what you are: a sheep following your bigoted shepherd wherever he may lead.

Also, that wasn't my first post. You apparently missed this gem of mine:

🎵"But I know that you would like me...
If only you could meet me..." 🎵

Very, very doubtful, Moz. You've become a shameless self-aggrandizing egomaniac and right-wing nutter. What a waste of an otherwise extraordinary legacy.

awe u so smart 😮

Thanks. :thumb:

Then, besides wanting to please his granddaughter, I would think he must have liked the music of the song enough to go through with it.
...which Morrissey has never had anything to do with.

I remembered reading in Mozipedia that the managing director of Forum Music Village Marco Patrignani, who is also credited as producer for the string arrangement on Dear God Please Help Me, had a hand in convincing Morricone to work with Morrissey. So I googled a bit and with the help of my rusty Italian and google translate I found this article. No mention of Morricone's granddaughter but still an interesting story I think.

Not only cinema: once Marco Patrignani managed to convince him to return to the work of arranger. He succeeded Morrissey, who recorded his entire album Ringleader of the Tormentos at the Forum in 2006. On the record there are many references to Rome, the initial ambulance in The Youngest Was The Most Loved, and then Accattone by Pasolini, the films of Visconti, the Magnani, Piazza Cavour in You Have Killed Me. Morrissey sees the photos of the Maestro in the studio, he begins to dream of his collaboration for the arrangement of the second song, Dear God please help me. Marco Patrignani offers to mediate: "I went to his house and explained to him who Morrissey was, his importance in the rock world: "I don't do it", he told me, he didn't even let me finish talking", Patrignani recalls.
"We were in his private studio, I insisted, we were like, 'Ennio, we're talking about a rock star, he's a poet, he's a great character.' He was working on a soundtrack, so I allowed myself to tell him that if he accepted this he wouldn't have complicated the work plans a lot and it wouldn't cost much to lengthen a session." He wanted to listen to the song to arrange, then asked for the scores and guitarists Boz Boorer and Alain Whyte offered themselves even if for them it was a lunar request. In the end he became convinced: the day the orchestra played it, behind the glass in directing with me were Morrissey and producer Tony Visconti excited as kids. I think Morricone wanted to give me a present that day."
Link to article:

I also found this article in which Patrignani talks a bit about what it was like to work with Morrissey in the studio.

MORRISSEY
A very polite person

The Forum Music Village protects thick walls from the Roman noise of everyday life. It is the sacred studio of Rome because it resides directly in the vault of a church – the Chiesa di Sacro Cuore Immacolato di Maria in the New Rich Quarter of Parioli. In September 2005, Morrissey hired for three months to record the album Ringleader Of The Tormentors; a record that is uncharacteristically tender for the British querulant. The ex-smiths' singer fell in love with Rome.
Morrissey chose the studio because of an old master: the film composer Ennio Morricone(playing me the song of death) is one of the founders and owners of the studio. For 46-year-old Morrissey, Morricone has broken an iron rule: Never record with pop musicians. Morricone ennobled the song "Dear God" with an arrangement and recorded it with an orchestra.
Marco Patrignani is the managing director of the studio. He remembers well the October day, when Morricone conducted in the studio, Morrissey sat behind the glass partition and buried his face between his hands. He seemed so tense that it was not known whether he found the orchestral piece poignant or disgusting. "The air was for cutting," patrignani says, admitting that he himself cried a little, his hands in front of his face, because he was so moved by the music.
The 38-year-old Patrignani scrolls through the studio's guestbook. Morrissey has only written his name across a page. Somehow typical, Finds Patrignani. "He's a very polite person," he says, looking at the tortuous signature, "but no one knows what he's thinking." He didn't talk much. And also not expected to talk to him a lot.
In Studio A, Morrissey recorded - 350 square meters of parquet flooring for the six-piece band and him. Where Morrissey sat, a poster of the French chansontier Sacha Thistle hung. Thistle is considered an ununderstood genius, one who wrote great melodies but was swept away as cheesy. Morrissey sang for him when he recorded. In a smaller studio, Morrissey had a common room set up, where the band, the technicians, the producer Tony Visconti and he ate at a long table. Only vegetarian dishes were allowed. Morrissey is a strict vegan and animal rights activist. Even when Patrignani once went to eat with the band without Morrissey, no one dared to order meat. "Out of respect."
What Morrissey was looking for in Rome, Patrignani comes up with only one name: "Pasolini". The single "You Have Killed Me" begins with the lines: "Pasolini is me/Attacone you'll be." Morrissey identifies with Pasolini. He has the same anger at the rich society, the same compassion for outsiders, prostitutes and hopeless people, the same Accatone who was a film hero for Pasolini.
Rome is not a modern city, not a young city, not an exciting city, certainly not if you know Berlin or London. The unexcited self-evidentness attracted him, Morrissey claimed in an interview – and of course Pasolini. In Rome, he has walked in his footsteps, penetrated deep into the periphery, where wild football pitches lie between aqueducts, half-weathered houses stand next to newly built homes. Morrissey is said to be looking for an apartment in Rome. He sold the house in Los Angeles. After George W. Bush's second election victory, he no longer wanted to live in the United States. In Rome he has found his peace, he sings about love, sex and lonely boys. Pasolini would be proud of his heir.

Link:

I remembered reading in Mozipedia that the managing director of Forum Music Village Marco Patrignani, who is also credited as producer for the string arrangement on Dear God Please Help Me, had a hand in convincing Morricone to work with Morrissey. So I googled a bit and with the help of my rusty Italian and google translate I found this article. No mention of Morricone's granddaughter but still an interesting story I think.

Not only cinema: once Marco Patrignani managed to convince him to return to the work of arranger. He succeeded Morrissey, who recorded his entire album Ringleader of the Tormentos at the Forum in 2006. On the record there are many references to Rome, the initial ambulance in The Youngest Was The Most Loved, and then Accattone by Pasolini, the films of Visconti, the Magnani, Piazza Cavour in You Have Killed Me. Morrissey sees the photos of the Maestro in the studio, he begins to dream of his collaboration for the arrangement of the second song, Dear God please help me. Marco Patrignani offers to mediate: "I went to his house and explained to him who Morrissey was, his importance in the rock world: "I don't do it", he told me, he didn't even let me finish talking", Patrignani recalls.
"We were in his private studio, I insisted, we were like, 'Ennio, we're talking about a rock star, he's a poet, he's a great character.' He was working on a soundtrack, so I allowed myself to tell him that if he accepted this he wouldn't have complicated the work plans a lot and it wouldn't cost much to lengthen a session." He wanted to listen to the song to arrange, then asked for the scores and guitarists Boz Boorer and Alain Whyte offered themselves even if for them it was a lunar request. In the end he became convinced: the day the orchestra played it, behind the glass in directing with me were Morrissey and producer Tony Visconti excited as kids. I think Morricone wanted to give me a present that day."
Link to article:

I also found this article in which Patrignani talks a bit about what it was like to work with Morrissey in the studio.

MORRISSEY
A very polite person

The Forum Music Village protects thick walls from the Roman noise of everyday life. It is the sacred studio of Rome because it resides directly in the vault of a church – the Chiesa di Sacro Cuore Immacolato di Maria in the New Rich Quarter of Parioli. In September 2005, Morrissey hired for three months to record the album Ringleader Of The Tormentors; a record that is uncharacteristically tender for the British querulant. The ex-smiths' singer fell in love with Rome.
Morrissey chose the studio because of an old master: the film composer Ennio Morricone(playing me the song of death) is one of the founders and owners of the studio. For 46-year-old Morrissey, Morricone has broken an iron rule: Never record with pop musicians. Morricone ennobled the song "Dear God" with an arrangement and recorded it with an orchestra.
Marco Patrignani is the managing director of the studio. He remembers well the October day, when Morricone conducted in the studio, Morrissey sat behind the glass partition and buried his face between his hands. He seemed so tense that it was not known whether he found the orchestral piece poignant or disgusting. "The air was for cutting," patrignani says, admitting that he himself cried a little, his hands in front of his face, because he was so moved by the music.
The 38-year-old Patrignani scrolls through the studio's guestbook. Morrissey has only written his name across a page. Somehow typical, Finds Patrignani. "He's a very polite person," he says, looking at the tortuous signature, "but no one knows what he's thinking." He didn't talk much. And also not expected to talk to him a lot.
In Studio A, Morrissey recorded - 350 square meters of parquet flooring for the six-piece band and him. Where Morrissey sat, a poster of the French chansontier Sacha Thistle hung. Thistle is considered an ununderstood genius, one who wrote great melodies but was swept away as cheesy. Morrissey sang for him when he recorded. In a smaller studio, Morrissey had a common room set up, where the band, the technicians, the producer Tony Visconti and he ate at a long table. Only vegetarian dishes were allowed. Morrissey is a strict vegan and animal rights activist. Even when Patrignani once went to eat with the band without Morrissey, no one dared to order meat. "Out of respect."
What Morrissey was looking for in Rome, Patrignani comes up with only one name: "Pasolini". The single "You Have Killed Me" begins with the lines: "Pasolini is me/Attacone you'll be." Morrissey identifies with Pasolini. He has the same anger at the rich society, the same compassion for outsiders, prostitutes and hopeless people, the same Accatone who was a film hero for Pasolini.
Rome is not a modern city, not a young city, not an exciting city, certainly not if you know Berlin or London. The unexcited self-evidentness attracted him, Morrissey claimed in an interview – and of course Pasolini. In Rome, he has walked in his footsteps, penetrated deep into the periphery, where wild football pitches lie between aqueducts, half-weathered houses stand next to newly built homes. Morrissey is said to be looking for an apartment in Rome. He sold the house in Los Angeles. After George W. Bush's second election victory, he no longer wanted to live in the United States. In Rome he has found his peace, he sings about love, sex and lonely boys. Pasolini would be proud of his heir.

Link:

interesting...i didn’t read any of it but I’m sure it was interesting because you used spoiler tags. excellent work. this forum is in good hands

interesting...i didn’t read any of it but I’m sure it was interesting because you used spoiler tags. excellent work. this forum is in good hands
I used spoiler tags in order to avoid a huge wall of text because I pasted the relevant parts from the articles.
In fact, none of it is particularly exciting or interesting because it's 14 year old news. ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom