Dylan cancelled next?

"Attorney Peter Gleason, who is representing the accuser, told HuffPost he’s been getting calls from Dylan fans who keep citing the timeline. However, Gleason said, “we stand by the pleading.”

Heylin said he contacted Dylan’s manager on Tuesday, offering to be an expert witness should the case go to trial."

Pretty sure 'JC' is Catherine James.

"It’s interesting to read how Dylan was your guardian angel and then you ran away to Greenwich Village before moving to London. You were in the right place at the right time for three different scenes: LA, NYC and London. Can you talk a little bit in general about why that time in history really is so special?"

More info here:

I was just reading this theory a couple hours ago. If it is her, her own book contradicts the timeframe laid out by her attorneys. Everything about it is so sloppy.

I was just reading this theory a couple hours ago. If it is her, her own book contradicts the timeframe laid out by her attorneys. Everything about it is so sloppy.

It really is sloppy. I'm surprised at the way the news sites have been covering this. Music sites too; Pitchfork, Stereogum, NME, Rolling Stone. None of them took the time to research Dylan's whereabouts during that period which is well documented. They used this claim against Dylan as clickbait.

Michael Jackson.
Woody Allen.
They still play Michael Jackson on the radio and his children are likely to become billionaires. And if he's not guilty he definitely didn't do much to make it look otherwise.
Woody Allen lost a deal with Netflix, Amazon or HBO, I forget, and he has seen former supporters turn against him but he made a new film last year. If you watch the HBO documentary it's difficult not to believe Dylan Farrow. If you watched the Martin Bashir documentary it woud be hard to think Jackson doesn't molest boys and the HBO documentary basically convicted him in my mind.
I think both are guilty of the things they were accused of but both of them are/were still working and still living the same lifestyle so I do think "call-out culture" is more fitting.

Woody Allen lost a deal with Netflix, Amazon or HBO, I forget, and he has seen former supporters turn against him but he made a new film last year. If you watch the HBO documentary it's difficult not to believe Dylan Farrow.
Yeah and if you watch a David Icke documentary it's difficult not to believe the Queen of England is a shapeshifting reptilian alien.

Unless, of course, you're not an idiot.

Yeah and if you watch a David Icke documentary it's difficult not to believe the Queen of England is a shapeshifting reptilian alien.

Do you find it difficult to maintain healthy romantic relationships?

While it's true that many people lack critical thinking skills and believe whatever they're told until they're told something else, there is quite a difference between the #LizardQueen theories and the Woody Allen and Michael Jackson documentaries. Unless of course, you are an idiot

Anyway, do you ever hear from Viva Hate? Hope I don't get banned for mentioning her.

It really is sloppy. I'm surprised at the way the news sites have been covering this. Music sites too; Pitchfork, Stereogum, NME, Rolling Stone. None of them took the time to research Dylan's whereabouts during that period which is well documented. They used this claim against Dylan as clickbait.

surprise, surprise.

While it's true that many people lack critical thinking skills and believe whatever they're told until they're told something else, there is quite a difference between the #LizardQueen theories and the Woody Allen and Michael Jackson documentaries. Unless of course, you are an idiot

Anyway, do you ever hear from Viva Hate? Hope I don't get banned for mentioning her.
i want to know about viva hate too!!!!

All I can say is that you seem preternaturally obsessed with assuming that the accused is always guilty...in every situation. You become borderline irate at even the suggestion that the accuser could be fabricating things. You seem to believe that only deeply rooted misogyny could explain why someone would want to hear the accused's side of the story as well, or look for evidence before drawing a conclusion.

It's borderline pathological.

I don't know if you have been victimized personally nor is it that relevant here except inasmuch as it might explain why you are so defensive at the mere implication that #metoo is a woefully flawed zeitgeist that has had its day in the sun and is now grasping at straws...like the absurd Bob Dylan "news."

Michael Jackson is not Woody Allen. Woody Allen is not Kevin Spacey....who is not Weinstein. Who is not Cosby. Who is not Ryan Adams.

All these people are very different individuals and the context surrounding each one is correlative to those differences. I am not going to buy into this bullshit neo-feminist tripe that men are evil abusers and that successful, wealthy men are at the top of the food chain, somehow by default guilty of abusing and preying on women by the very nature of laying claim to that success.

The only case I have followed closely or that I really even care about at all is Woody Allen's. I think that he is about as guilty of molesting that wackadoo as I am of having won the Indy 500. You wanna talk about child abuse? Look at Mia Farrow. Christ only knows the psychological damage she wreaked on her daughter in the name of revenge.

Adams is guilty of being an overrated mook. The guy is a stroke. Sounds like a bit of an asshole. But a sexual predator? Nah. And hey. Old Pheobe sure put up with it long enough to secure a name for herself, riding his coattails until she didn't need him anymore. What did he do to Mandy Moore? Told her she wasn't a musician and that she had no talent. Guess what? She isn't and doesn't. Then they got divorced. Ever been divorced? Usually it is preceded by both people getting REALLY shitty with each other. Yeah the guy sounds like a joy to be married to but that doesn't make him a sex offender. It just makes him a dude in a failed marriage. Moore later cried "victim" publicly when it was socially and culturally to her advantage to drag his name through the mud. Then she went out for some ice cream with Liz Phair and they painted each other's nails and talked about shoes.

Cosby probably engaged in inappropriate behavior. With SOME of those women. Don't know. I wasn't there. Same with Weinstein.

Spacey is just a weird dude. Again...can't say what he did or didn't do. Wasn't there. I love American Beauty. Haven't seen anything else he has done. Don't care.

Louis C.K. admitted to jerking off in front of a handful of women. No pun intended. He admitted it was f***ed up and inappropriate and unsolicited. There is also no evidence that he forced any of those women to stay and watch. They chose to stay. They weren't held against their will, at least as far as I know. If I am wrong I am wrong.

Anyway...he took his beating. He was cancelled. Gradually came back. Moved on. He's over it.

Life goes on...for people who actually have one.

That's all I can say about it, really. Believe what you like. Fly that male feminist flag high. Bravo. You go, girl.

but what about VIVA?!?!?! i miss him!! i mean, i miss him back when he was a him. i dont miss him as a she, because i dont believe humans can change sex! thats part of the reason i wish he would come back so that i could tell him that!! i have learned SO MUCH since he has been gone and i want to tell him all about it and try out all my new found knowledge on him!!

The truth is that I don't care about Bob Dylan and I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, I'm a weirdo I don't like Dylan or the Beatles, I don't like Dylan's voice he doesn't sing well and a Nobel Prize for literature is like he it is too big. VIVA MORRISSEY!!!!!!❤️ ❤️ :highfive:

The truth is that I don't care about Bob Dylan and I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, I'm a weirdo I don't like Dylan or the Beatles, I don't like Dylan's voice he doesn't sing well and a Nobel Prize for literature is like he it is too big. VIVA MORRISSEY!!!!!!❤️ ❤️ :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom