Dying for a fag!

Despite last week having more ups and downs in Camden than i care to remember i still didnt smoke - pretty damn pleased with myself!

I have been quit for 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 9 hours, 49 minutes and 25 seconds (27 days). I have saved £135.12 by not smoking 465 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 14 hours and 45 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 01/01/2008 05:24

Well done! 3 weeks!?? :guitar:
It must be starting to feel a bit easier now. I reckon, at 3 weeks, you're over the worst of it. Congratulations! :)

I was wondering whether you'd be able to hold out, what with the Roundhouse palaver. WELL DONE YOU!!! Three weeks was a bit of a turning point for me (broke the habit as well as the addiction). Hopefully it will be for you too!

yeah its nearly a month now and i think if i could get through friday night's pain i can get through anything

i hardly even think about it anymore - thanks for all the support guys, it really helps.

I was wondering whether you'd be able to hold out, what with the Roundhouse palaver. WELL DONE YOU!!! Three weeks was a bit of a turning point for me (broke the habit as well as the addiction). Hopefully it will be for you too!

Yeah, I agree - I definately remember 3 weeks as being a bit of a turning point.

hey guys

its a bit quiet on here today so if you dont mind i thought i would update on my progress - still going strong and i am hugely proud of myself:

I have been quit for 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 9 hours, 27 minutes and 42 seconds (50 days). I have saved £248.44 by not smoking 856 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days, 23 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 01/01/2008 05:24
:cool:

As i mentioned elsewhere i am going to Las Vegas in April and have decided that whatever i have saved on the fags by then will be my budget to blow on the tables.....am extremely excited but will probably blow the whole lot in the first day!! :guitar:

Last edited:
hey guys

its a bit quiet on here today so if you dont mind i thought i would update on my progress - still going strong and i am hugely proud of myself:

I have been quit for 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 9 hours, 27 minutes and 42 seconds (50 days). I have saved £248.44 by not smoking 856 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days, 23 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 01/01/2008 05:24

As i mentioned elsewhere i am going to Las Vegas in April and have decided that whatever i have saved on the fags by then will be my budget to blow on the tables.....am extremely excited but will probably blow the whole lot in the first day!! :guitar:
good work! I have officially fallen off the no smoking wagon sooooooooooooo many times this year already :doh: one day, I really will quit.

good work! I have officially fallen off the no smoking wagon sooooooooooooo many times this year already :doh: one day, I really will quit.

been smoking long? if you really wanna quit i would be happy to help if i can.

been smoking long? if you really wanna quit i would be happy to help if i can.
I think I'm now in my 13th year, on and off. I will quit, just not quite ready to yet. Very nearly there, but, to be honest, I still really enjoy it :o

I think I'm now in my 13th year, on and off. I will quit, just not quite ready to yet. Very nearly there, but, to be honest, I still really enjoy it :o

yeah i really stopped enjoying it - thats when i knew enough was enough.

yeah i really stopped enjoying it - thats when i knew enough was enough.
yeah. My husband gave up about 5 years ago, so I'm sure he'll help me when the time comes (if he has any sense, he'll help me from a safe distance :D ) but good on you for getting this far and thanks for the offer :)

hey guys

well done you, I was wondering how you were doing with the quitting. Its brilliant you are still off them . :D

Hey Paulc, i stopped smoking two weeks ago on Monday, i used patches for the first week and then went cold turkey and hav ebeen crying and snapping since. I still haven't smoked because i want to stop for my health and my kids. They are so chuffed with me, my other half still smokes (just not around me or i WOULD KILL HIM, SERIOUSLY) You kept popping into my mind when i found it hard. Thank you

Hey Paulc, i stopped smoking two weeks ago on Monday, i used patches for the first week and then went cold turkey and hav ebeen crying and snapping since. I still haven't smoked because i want to stop for my health and my kids. They are so chuffed with me, my other half still smokes (just not around me or i WOULD KILL HIM, SERIOUSLY) You kept popping into my mind when i found it hard. Thank you

Congrats, hang in there. Too bad your DH won't quit with you. Why not? You're doing the right thing for yourself and your family. Continued luck. Got carrots?! :p

Congrats, hang in there. Too bad your DH won't quit with you. Why not? You're doing the right thing for yourself and your family. Continued luck. Got carrots?! :p

Daft hubby, dick head....er what do you mean by DH. I agree though, he should stop to encourage and support me. I go to see my smaoking cessation nurse and she gives me the prescription for Champix for me, but i get it for my DH. I do not have carrot sticks. :p I have spent all day in the kitchen i have made truffles, cheesecake, sticky toffee pudding, oh and fishermans pie. I do eat a shed load of Uncle Joe's and mixed fruit and nuts though. My will power is strong, i am doing this for me first and then for my kids, they are my priority. Thanks for your kid words of support :)

Daft hubby, dick head....er what do you mean by DH. I agree though, he should stop to encourage and support me. I go to see my smaoking cessation nurse and she gives me the prescription for Champix for me, but i get it for my DH. I do not have carrot sticks. :p I have spent all day in the kitchen i have made truffles, cheesecake, sticky toffee pudding, oh and fishermans pie. I do eat a shed load of Uncle Joe's and mixed fruit and nuts though. My will power is strong, i am doing this for me first and then for my kids, they are my priority. Thanks for your kid words of support :)

Oh, DH means whatever you want it to mean. It's supposed to be dear husband, but we know better, don't we :p Well, he should join you -now is the time- there is strength in numbers and you guys can do it together. Sic the kids on him ;) Can you already tell the difference in you sense of taste and smell? I'm not a smoker, I've just known a lot of people to be and to quit. All but a few successfully. Well, you're willpower seems intact and you're food sounds delicious...so just keep busy! :)

Oh, DH means whatever you want it to mean. It's supposed to be dear husband, but we know better, don't we :p Well, he should join you -now is the time- there is strength in numbers and you guys can do it together. Sic the kids on him ;) Can you already tell the difference in you sense of taste and smell? I'm not a smoker, I've just known a lot of people to be and to quit. All but a few successfully. Well, you're willpower seems intact and you're food sounds delicious...so just keep busy! :)

I prefer the latter (at the moment :D) My youngest (had to keep that one in there, my other children are watching ) finds it really hard to think about him smoking, he's scared that smoking will kill his dad, my boy was talking to my mum and was telling her how sad and scared he is (which made me stop) I certainly can tell teh difference in my sense of smell and taste, i had beer battered chips tonight for tea and my GOD, they tasted good. Plus now i know how bad i smelt, people who smoke walk past me and i now know how bad i smelt. EWWWWW! My willpower is because of my kids and my food is delicious which is a problem, my smoking nurse has told me i have put weight on in this last fortnight. OOPS! But hhey, cancer or a bit of weight, i know what my kids want.

I prefer the latter (at the moment :D) My youngest (had to keep that one in there, my other children are watching ) finds it really hard to think about him smoking, he's scared that smoking will kill his dad, my boy was talking to my mum and was telling her how sad and scared he is (which made me stop) I certainly can tell teh difference in my sense of smell and taste, i had beer battered chips tonight for tea and my GOD, they tasted good. Plus now i know how bad i smelt, people who smoke walk past me and i now know how bad i smelt. EWWWWW! My willpower is because of my kids and my food is delicious which is a problem, my smoking nurse has told me i have put weight on in this last fortnight. OOPS! But hhey, cancer or a bit of weight, i know what my kids want.

You have a good attitude :) and you smell good too :D Once the weathers nice, go for some walks. Fresh air and exercise :D I can see how your sweet boy 'motivated' you and I bet it would work on his Dad too.

My father-in-law is slowly dying of lung cancer now. I know my DH will never pick up another cig (he just did it socially with a beer in hand)

You have a good attitude :) and you smell good too :D Once the weathers nice, go for some walks. Fresh air and exercise :D I can see how your sweet boy 'motivated' you and I bet it would work on his Dad too.

My father-in-law is slowly dying of lung cancer now. I know my DH will never pick up another cig (he just did it socially with a beer in hand)

Thank you and we have a 5 month chocolate lab to help me get ou tin the weather now, come rain or shine. I actually went out tonight at 9pm and ran up and down the front cause i was angry and i needed ot burn off steam. It helped.My Dear Sweet Boy, is a gift from god. I have seen that fricking disease do it's worst and i know my boy is helping me. I am so sorry to hear about your dad in law, that's awful. :(

Thank you and we have a 5 month chocolate lab to help me get ou tin the weather now, come rain or shine. I actually went out tonight at 9pm and ran up and down the front cause i was angry and i needed ot burn off steam. It helped.My Dear Sweet Boy, is a gift from god. I have seen that fricking disease do it's worst and i know my boy is helping me. I am so sorry to hear about your dad in law, that's awful. :(

Thanks for your kind words. He is 75, smoked for over 50 years and quit about 6 yrs ago -cold turkey- after his bro passed away. He was going thru treatment but it's not helping much. It was either get radiation for 5 days a week for 5 weeks or stop altogether. Chose the latter. He also had a spot succesfully removed in his brain before he even started the chemo for the lung. It's sad. He's a good guy/dad/grandpa -a tough old ex Marine -knew more jokes than anyone I've ever met. He's not in any pain, so that's good. It's just one day at at time. Sorry don't mean to be debbie downer.

Back
Top Bottom