Dying for a fag!

Hope no-one minds me resurrecting this thread from time to time - believe it or not it is actually helpful - prob cos i would be embarrassed in front of you lot if i was to start smoking again

i am still smoke free!

its been 13 days 6 hours
thats 224 ciggies not smoked
£65.24 saved and 18 hours 40 mins added back to life expectancy!:guitar:

i think thats enough to listen to every single Morrissey song twice!:D

'course we don't mind! We wanna know how you are going :) 13 days! Congratulations!! :guitar:

No i didnt use any nicotine replacement so u are completely right - i am not really having cravings - its more a feeling of missing out on something. Not having a fag when driving or waiting for a train or finishing a piece of work or after a meal is all very odd but i like being a non smoker!! I also have had some dreams where i smoked but i woke up so relieved it was just a dream, i would be soo angry with myself if i smoked now.

Do you feel like you've got some free time on your hands now that you're not smoking? hehe

Are you doing anything to replace that feeling of missing out on something? Like chewing gum or having some sugar free lollies? Really helps.

Does it feel like it's all getting a tiny bit easier?
:)

Hope no-one minds me resurrecting this thread from time to time - believe it or not it is actually helpful - prob cos i would be embarrassed in front of you lot if i was to start smoking again

i am still smoke free!

its been 13 days 6 hours
thats 224 ciggies not smoked
£65.24 saved and 18 hours 40 mins added back to life expectancy!:guitar:

i think thats enough to listen to every single Morrissey song twice!:D

Well done :guitar: and keep on keeping us informed!!!

Someone sat next to me on the train this morning who was obviously a smoker, and the smell of stale ciggies was so overpowering that I had to get up and open the window. I'm very subtle like that! :D

So just remember how lovely you will smell from now on! :)

lol someone sat next to me on sat night in a restaurant and he literally stunk of cigarettes Mrs C said to me you used to smell like that - i actually couldnt believe how overpowering the smell was - it was quite a big moment actually cos probably for the first time i didnt like the smell....

Do you feel like you've got some free time on your hands now that you're not smoking? hehe

Are you doing anything to replace that feeling of missing out on something? Like chewing gum or having some sugar free lollies? Really helps.

Does it feel like it's all getting a tiny bit easier?
:)

definitely getting easier and i am not thinking about it as often as i was - i tried to find some sugar free stuff to chew or suck on but nothing really grabbed my fancy so the only thing i am doing is drinking alot of water and coffee - so in and out of the loo alot!!

by the way i am not underestimating the importance of getting support from other people and the stuff people have said on here has really helped - thankyou. :D

Paul, how are you making out w/ this goal?

Right now, I'm dying for an Ian McCulloch-look-a-like to come into my life & kiss me very hard & deeply, here @ work. It would certainly spice it up here today...

er not sure i properly understand the question but i am making out fine! my goal is to never smoke again and i have kept to it for very nearly 2 weeks and many say these are the hardest 2 weeks.

I hope Ian has your place of work on his "must visit for a snog" list for today..

er not sure i properly understand the question but i am making out fine! my goal is to never smoke again and i have kept to it for very nearly 2 weeks and many say these are the hardest 2 weeks.

I hope Ian has your place of work on his "must visit for a snog" list for today..

... but I think Ian McCulloch smokes, so it might go badly...

definitely getting easier and i am not thinking about it as often as i was - i tried to find some sugar free stuff to chew or suck on but nothing really grabbed my fancy so the only thing i am doing is drinking alot of water and coffee - so in and out of the loo alot!!

by the way i am not underestimating the importance of getting support from other people and the stuff people have said on here has really helped - thankyou. :D

You're welcome :)
It's really just going to keep getting easier now! You are already noticing this - that's a huge milestone.
Did you notice that your sense of smell improved a lot??
Or that your skin looks better?
All of those little things help spur you on. Doing this cold turkey is huuge! I don't know if I could done it without patches.
Giving up smoking does good things for your self confidence, I think. Says a lot about how strong you really are.. :)

Paul, how are you making out w/ this goal?

Right now, I'm dying for an Ian McCulloch-look-a-like to come into my life & kiss me very hard & deeply, here @ work. It would certainly spice it up here today...

WTF?! :p

I hope all those that inspire to end the addiction acheive but I just had one and it was marvelous. I will say the day is coming that I will not enjoy it any longer and I hope I have the courage that you all have. Please be there for me then..............

The first week is the hardest, I never thought I'd survive. i think preparation is key. Coming up to quitting I eliminated one cigarette from my routine per day. Also, you might not succeed the first time, but don't gove up, I quite, like three times before it worked. But it's best if you get right back on, you gradually reduce you're dependence which makes it a lot easier. I'd say after a month you're in the clear. After awhile you're lungs heal to the point where cigarettes make you gag like the first one. It's been two years, and I still miss it, but only every once and awhile. Even though I can't smoke anymore and I would never start again, sometimes when I'm with a smoker, I stand really close to them and breathe. Good luck.

The first week is the hardest, I never thought I'd survive. i think preparation is key. Coming up to quitting I eliminated one cigarette from my routine per day. Also, you might not succeed the first time, but don't gove up, I quite, like three times before it worked. But it's best if you get right back on, you gradually reduce you're dependence which makes it a lot easier. I'd say after a month you're in the clear. After awhile you're lungs heal to the point where cigarettes make you gag like the first one. It's been two years, and I still miss it, but only every once and awhile. Even though I can't smoke anymore and I would never start again, sometimes when I'm with a smoker, I stand really close to them and breathe. Good luck.

haha I enjoy passive smoking too ;)

Last edited:
I hope all those that inspire to end the addiction acheive but I just had one and it was marvelous. I will say the day is coming that I will not enjoy it any longer and I hope I have the courage that you all have. Please be there for me then..............

all the best of luck when that day comes mate - i promise its worth it, i feel healthier and stronger already

ha ha i actually got a face full of smoke walking in the street last night and it was horrible!!

i have tried so many times to give up before i cant remember and the worst thing is each time i went back to smoking for really rubbish reasons or no reason at all

i feel more committed this time for some reason not sure why maybe its cos i am getting old - was 35 in november.

still going chaps:

I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 10 hours, 11 minutes and 47 seconds (20 days). I have saved £100.69 by not smoking 347 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 4 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 01/01/2008 05:24

tonight will be a challenge cos i will no doubt be having a drink or two at the concert :guitar:

still going chaps:

I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 10 hours, 11 minutes and 47 seconds (20 days). I have saved £100.69 by not smoking 347 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 4 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 01/01/2008 05:24

tonight will be a challenge cos i will no doubt be having a drink or two at the concert :guitar:

well done! really hope you manage tonight.

still going chaps:

Congratulations honey....WELL DONE! My quit date is Saturday 26th January. BTW, i have to see the doc tomorrow, my blood tests are back (2nd set too) but he needs to see me. :eek:

still going chaps:

JOB WELL DONE!

have a blast at the show- envy rears it's head again.

Congratulations honey....WELL DONE! My quit date is Saturday 26th January. BTW, i have to see the doc tomorrow, my blood tests are back (2nd set too) but he needs to see me. :eek:

thanks mate - and all the best for tomorrow - if you need to chat will be here...:)

Back
Top Bottom