Dublin - 3Arena (Feb. 20, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Alone Again (Naturally) (into) Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
It's all been said by now but my few observations from last night:
6. Audiences need to liven up. Some were like zombies especially for the new songs

Rarely seen the crowd at a Moz gig so dead, too many "casual" fans, shame because the gig itself was wonderful but let down by the crowd I felt.

Rarely seen the crowd at a Moz gig so dead, too many "casual" fans, shame because the gig itself was wonderful but let down by the crowd I felt.
Or most Moz fans aren't getting any younger. They've gone from hip to in danger of breaking a hip if they aren't careful.

My only minor criticism of the current tour/setlist is starting with the Elvis track, lovely touch, sounds great, but i'm always hungry for something big first up.

Last tour he regularly started with Suedehead and that got the place(s) bouncing from the off.

Glad to read such good stuff about Dublin last night. No doubt it's a spiritual home for Moz and he'd have loved being received so warmly.

Newcastle Friday - Moz in my home city, yes mate.
Leeds on Sat which is the last date this tour for me unless I push my luck with the missus and try and squeeze another one in.

No score, but generally positive.
Review via Entertainment.ie:

"Tonight, he seems comparatively invigorated – and he should be. Not only is new album 'Low in High School' one of his strongest solo outings to date, but he's even spent a bit of money on the set; glowing prefect-style neon shields frame the stage, flaring into life around his tight band while images of everything from a young Robert De Niro to a photoshopped Margaret Thatcher at the mercy of a police baton flash up on the screen behind him (noticeably, there are no close-ups of the man himself – that quiff isn't quite what it used to be)."

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Review-Morrissey-at-the-3Arena-Dublin/402462.htm

Regards,
FWD.

Or most Moz fans aren't getting any younger. They've gone from hip to in danger of breaking a hip if they aren't careful.

We're not that old yet. It's not so much the inability to dance, jump up and down, it's the dignity thing.
I'm afraid, unless you are Iggy Pop or Mick Jagger (and even he is questionable), the dark shadow of dad dancing descends on us all the wrong side of 50.
Better to stand, or sit, knowingly nod along and enjoy the beautiful songs, sung by a voice which seems to be getting more and more glorious as the years pass by.
I hadn't heard many of the new songs (spent the day and Jacky were the only ones) and made a conscious choice not to buy the album until I heard the songs live. I thought they were all top quality, "I bury the Living" and " I wish you lonely" were particularly good.
He didn't do Israel, which I have heard, and, despite it's obviously confrontational message, it would have captured the live audience. Anyway, he bottled out, fair enough, his choice.
Best song of the night, for me, was Jack the Ripper, the smoke, Morrisey disappearing into a gloom of red, and that poignant, tortured voice calling across a captivated crowd. Stunning.

20180220_214917_resized.jpg
20180220_221721_resized(2).jpg
20180220_223344_resized.jpg
20180221_025540_resized.jpg

Dublin In Front And Behind.
Jack The Ripper.
The Faces Of Death.
Penny Ha'Penny Bridge: Locked Hearts on the way to the Grand Social Afterparty.

It's all been said by now but my few observations from last night:
1. Moz's voice is the best it's ever been
2. The LIHS songs sound even better live
3. Moz looks great (looks younger than he did on the World Peace tour)
4. His concerts are getting more dramatic (e.g. the sublime Jack The Ripper with red lit smoke)
5. Moz shook a lot of front row hands (he referred to a select few as "I have my favourites")
6. Audiences need to liven up. Some were like zombies especially for the new songs
7. Boz is still ace
8. Jesse still looks constipated on guitar
9. Walker is great on drums (especially the end of Speedway)
10. The pre show footage of police brutality was very effective
11. So glad I was there

Bravo.

Hazard
x

My only minor criticism of the current tour/setlist is starting with the Elvis track, lovely touch, sounds great, but i'm always hungry for something big first up.

Last tour he regularly started with Suedehead and that got the place(s) bouncing from the off.

Glad to read such good stuff about Dublin last night. No doubt it's a spiritual home for Moz and he'd have loved being received so warmly.

Newcastle Friday - Moz in my home city, yes mate.
Leeds on Sat which is the last date this tour for me unless I push my luck with the missus and try and squeeze another one in.
I agree. Back around 2002 he opened at Glasgow Barrowlands with 'I want the one I can't have'. Perfect choice to get the blood flowing.

We're not that old yet. It's not so much the inability to dance, jump up and down, it's the dignity thing.
I'm afraid, unless you are Iggy Pop or Mick Jagger (and even he is questionable), the dark shadow of dad dancing descends on us all the wrong side of 50.
Better to stand, or sit, knowingly nod along and enjoy the beautiful songs, sung by a voice which seems to be getting more and more glorious as the years pass by.
I hadn't heard many of the new songs (spent the day and Jacky were the only ones) and made a conscious choice not to buy the album until I heard the songs live. I thought they were all top quality, "I bury the Living" and " I wish you lonely" were particularly good.
He didn't do Israel, which I have heard, and, despite it's obviously confrontational message, it would have captured the live audience. Anyway, he bottled out, fair enough, his choice.
Best song of the night, for me, was Jack the Ripper, the smoke, Morrisey disappearing into a gloom of red, and that poignant, tortured voice calling across a captivated crowd. Stunning.
I love Dad dancing. It embarrasses the hell out of my kiddo, but I'm old enough to know the embarrassment fades, and she'll cherish the memory. Besides- as was said in Harold and Maude, "Life is too short not to make an ass out of yourself now and again."

I love Dad dancing. It embarrasses the hell out of my kiddo, but I'm old enough to know the embarrassment fades, and she'll cherish the memory. Besides- as was said in Harold and Maude, "Life is too short not to make an ass out of yourself now and again."
True dat! And I can guarantee that we dads dance better than Barney Sumner does on stage with New Order.
tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif

Today i finally joined this group, having enjoyed my daily doses of Morrissey for a number of years now. But I have joined just to make a statement. I will be leaving it now and will take Morrissey Solo down from my bookmarked pages. So long Solo. Alone again, natch!

" I have my favourites"

a 32 year 'relationship' ended in Dublin last night when I heard these words spoken by a man I have loved, adored, defended.
his favourites can have him.
I have finally grown up. At 54.
Those words woke me from a hopeful, yet hopeless addiction i lost myself to at the 'stage door' of Salford University in 1986.
i know it's over.
I'm glad it's over.

"Ended. Finished. Done" (rpmq)

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom