Dublin - 3Arena (Feb. 20, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Alone Again (Naturally) (into) Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
as the beginning of the week saw bohs beat rovers 3 -1 at dalyer , cabra /phibsboro , one would have know something odd could have been going on in Dublin , correct morrissey is in town. i missed a few gigs previous but i made sure i went to this one , i dont know if morrissey was there for us or we were there for morrissey , its dublin on a tuesday ... something about when moz played Kilmainham a few years back , he got very close to me /us even though i had seen him times before and yes with the smiths too but , ive always treated him like one of us - the going out the gig and the afters or whatever so i dont know if he would have expected a sell out in any case or even minded .... i hope he enjoyed his return to dublin and like i stepped in front of his car at the olympia the gigs before the previous ones and the ambassador before them ...its only morrissey that can bring out the man in you to shed a tear of joy .... great gig thank you morrissey ...and thanks for the videos before hand ....i understand that too wow. until next time

Chain Gang.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Aww, it was just an honest question.... I thought more people would have mentioned it. Patience is a virtue only in those who have no other.... :)
Indeed, I took it as someone had told you different - making the guy on Twitter look an ass! It's all good - hoping it surfaces soon in full. Nothing Rhymed has never turned up in amazing quality unfortunately.
Regards,
FWD.

Indeed, I took it as someone had told you different - making the guy on twiTwit look an ass! It's all good - hoping it surfaces soon in full. Nothing Rhymed has never turned up in amazing quality unfortunately.
Regards,
FWD.

It sounded from the Twitter post that he just did the first verse or two and then in fact was going into All the Young People... in any case, thanks for keeping us informed FWD! I suppose I should have something better to do on a Tuesday night than assiduously follow these gigs, but in fact I don't. :)

[To clarify -- no, no one told me differently. I simply expected more mentions of that. Again, I lack patience. Thanks again!]

Last edited:
The part of Alone Again he sang is in the above YT video at the start of Every Day Is Like Sunday.
Regards,
FWD.

Here's an MP3 - Alone Again / piano solo / Every Day Is Like Sunday:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/z2wc5y
All credit to Nic0 Blue.

Last edited:
Talking to Stephen (Steven?) And Curtis for part of the night. Top blokes. They are on Moz's list of very desirable Guest List for concerts and have been since Japan '91. I'm jealous that's all.
p.s. tried to convince them that there are ok people on Moz Solo but I think I failed. Am I Still Ill? With my best friend Fowler! Happy days and ale filled nights.

The potato famine tour rolls on. Gerry Adams was there and singing along to Moz tunes with him was a bit bizarre to say the least but the number of autos he wrote was insane.

The potato famine tour rolls on. Gerry Adams was there and singing along to Moz tunes with him was a bit bizarre to say the least but the number of autos he wrote was insane.
Thats completely uncalled for...im shocked moderators allowed you to post this...as they say in Corlk yuur aome langer boy@@

170223638-0dc5feec-413c-4669-b669-c534474bb8e3.jpg

KFC and Burger King fries this I'm made of
There is no one in Cork I'm afraid of
And I will die with both Hugh Clark and Morrissey on my side

The part of Alone Again he sang is in the above YT video at the start of Every Day Is Like Sunday.
Regards,
FWD.

Here's an MP3 - Alone Again / piano solo / Every Day Is Like Sunday:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/z2wc5y
All credit to Nic0 Blue.

It's great until that "let's start talking about the weather right in the middle of sex" piano interlude shit starts.

f***ing tuneless, ornate, Liberace crap...brings the raw emotion of the simplicity of the song to a dead halt.

as the beginning of the week saw bohs beat rovers 3 -1 at dalyer , cabra /phibsboro , one would have know something odd could have been going on in Dublin , correct morrissey is in town. i missed a few gigs previous but i made sure i went to this one , i dont know if morrissey was there for us or we were there for morrissey , its dublin on a tuesday ... something about when moz played Kilmainham a few years back , he got very close to me /us even though i had seen him times before and yes with the smiths too but , ive always treated him like one of us - the going out the gig and the afters or whatever so i dont know if he would have expected a sell out in any case or even minded .... i hope he enjoyed his return to dublin and like i stepped in front of his car at the olympia the gigs before the previous ones and the ambassador before them ...its only morrissey that can bring out the man in you to shed a tear of joy .... great gig thank you morrissey ...and thanks for the videos before hand ....i understand that too wow. until next time
That was last week when Rovers got beaten in Dalymount mate, a week is a long time in football, especially in a ten team league.
See you on April 13th

Last edited:
Very good gig, a few older tunes and a few more Smiths and it would have been his best of many in Dublin’s fair city.

Everyday is like Sunday was by far and away the song that got the best reception followed by HSIN , Spent the day in bed and Speedway.

Some of the newer songs sound a bit better live though the gig went a bit flat 1/3 of the way in for a bit with an overdose of songs from the latest album.
Enjoyed home, hold onto your friends, back on the chain gang & the mini version of alone again.
The Elvis cover and World peace seemed to get the most muted reception.

The after show party upstairs in the loft was jammed & very dark!
Overall a good night and I’m glad as I thought , he didnt play Israel.

His voice was very strong probably the best since I seen him at the SFX in Dublin in 1985 as lead singer of some group..

Enjoy the rest of the tour people.

Damn, looks like a fantastic show. Morrissey brings his A game for Ireland (and them for him, obviously).
Nice segue from Alone Again into Everyday. Dramatic piano playing from Gustavo -- band is not mediocre, kids.

And activating the concert thread beforehand is the best, albeit simple, change on the site in forever.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom