Dublin - 3Arena (Dec. 1, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Smiler With Knife / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat is Murder / Scandinavia / Yes, I Am Blind / Kick the Bride Down the Aisle / Mountjoy / Speedway + I Didn't Know What To Do + Speedway // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by setlist.fm, link posted by Morran.

Last edited:
I was seated in stalls above-had a walk around and about 40/50 free seats total.Was heaving below-very proud of Dublin tonight.

The crowd was shit up there, nobody stood except me and my wife and we were told to sit down. Mountjoy was epic as was asleep. Missed the side screens of the O2 to see the facial expressions but it meant I could listen properly. Fair dues to the band, great performance from them.

Twitter did NOT like the MIM footage tonight. THey were particularly vocal about it, it was odd.

email from a friend:
'fine show, somewhat marred by too many World Peace songs, energetic crowd, venue about 3/4 full.'

Twitter did NOT like the MIM footage tonight. THey were particularly vocal about it, it was odd.

gabriella ‏@ieroharry · 21m21 minutes ago
morrissey in dublin... 6/10 too much bullshit. I dont care about ur animals. play more smiths next time.

gabriella ‏@ieroharry · 9m9 minutes ago
Morrissey is in his hotel room in Dublin now, thinking to himself... "these peasants... they love me"

morrissey in dublin... 6/10 too much bullshit. I dont care about ur animals. play more smiths next time.

Morrissey is in his hotel room in Dublin now, thinking to himself... "these peasants... they love me"

Ouch.

But it was a Morrissey gig not a Smiths gig...Fair enough he does do 1 or 2 Smiths classics, But when will these Smiths hanger-ons ever accept Morrissy & The Smiths DO NOT exist as a group, band etc.
Although the peasant thing is funny... gabriella sounds very enraged indeed. :crazy:

The crowd was shit up there, nobody stood except me and my wife and we were told to sit down. Mountjoy was epic as was asleep. Missed the side screens of the O2 to see the facial expressions but it meant I could listen properly. Fair dues to the band, great performance from them.

Yeah I saw your wife-you two would have enjoyed it better down with the floories. You could have danced the night away.

But it was a Morrissey gig not a Smiths gig...Fair enough he does do 1 or 2 Smiths classics, But when will these Smiths hanger-ons ever accept Morrissy & The Smiths DO NOT exist as a group, band etc.
Although the peasant thing is funny... gabriella sounds very enraged indeed. :crazy:

Gabriella needs to learn what year we are in and follow what Moz is up to more. If she looked at his setlist for this bit of the tour, she could have seen that he's heavily promoting WPINOYB and saved some money. Poor disappointed fool. Boo hoo.

For every gabriella, there are about 10 Ali's:

Ali MacDermott ‏@TattyBojangles7 · 33m33 minutes ago
Morrissey was the best gig I've ever been to in my whole life what a night

As I pour myself another cheeky gin, I'm living vicariously through the comments of Morrissey's touching presence.

Wish I could have been there.

For every gabriella, there are about 10 Ali's:

Ali MacDermott ‏@TattyBojangles7 · 33m33 minutes ago
Morrissey was the best gig I've ever been to in my whole life what a night

Yeah a lot of reports of tears and Moz sounding awesome and people regretting not buying a ticket.

Laura Loehman ‏@LLoehman · 3m3 minutes ago
"@almdemo: Great gig by Morrissey tonight in Dublin's @3arenadublin " @NicolSkye

B3ziSmHCUAA6TpJ.jpg

Right? I can't imagine what these people would have thought of Moz shows pre-1997...

But Meat is Murder is a Smiths song...

I'vs been attending moz gigs for 20 or more years, seen him in nearly every venue in Dublin. This gig was my least favourite of them all. Poor set list, with almost all the new album, that you can't buy. And some of the more familiar songs mushed through the effects pedal grinder. Asleep was a highlight. There was only one winner tonight, Anna Calvi..now that was a set list and a performance to behold.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom