Doll and the Kicks

Wow. :dreamy: And you get to see them in Paris. Just pop in Black Light on the way to the gig, it'll be like they opened. :p

You know Paris is not that exotic for me, I live in Paris....I wish I could see them in San Fransisco :rolleyes:

You know Paris is not that exotic for me, I live in Paris....I wish I could see them in San Fransisco :rolleyes:

I've never been there. There's some amazing churches there I want to see some day. San Francisco has lots of hobos, corner markets, and fascinating charm, but no freshly baked baguettes. :yum:

I've never been there. There's some amazing churches there I want to see some day. San Francisco has lots of hobos, corner markets, and fascinating charm, but no freshly baked baguettes. :yum:

You should come, Paris is a great city. I've been in SF two times (15 years ago...OMG I suddenly feel old:() and I loved the city...and have very good pancakes in diners :p. I dream of living in a city along the sea.

They didn't really do much for me (Royal Albert Hall) though their cause wasn't helped by being far too loud, which not only reduced their sound to indistinguishable mush, but caused me some physical discomfort. One and bit songs in and I felt my left ear starting to go so I had to stand with my hands covering them simply to be able to hear Morrissey's set, which - thankfully - was at a sensible volume. I wish I hadn't had to do so because regardless of what I think of a support act I hate to appear disrespectful when I'm standing only a row or two away from them.

I like them a lot and have loved them live each time I've seen them. The new songs sound good too, at least I assume they're new, for instance 'What Goes Around Comes Around' or something along those lines sounded brilliant, so I'm hoping new material at some point next year. Maybe a few acoustic things thrown in too.

Ive loved them since I heard Moz play roll up the red carpet on that radio show. I ordered their cd and sent Doll a message on twitter asking if a trip to Australia was on the cards .. apparently they have a lot of aussie friends and their sound guy is Australian too so she said it could happen down the road :D

Ive loved them since I heard Moz play roll up the red carpet on that radio show. I ordered their cd and sent Doll a message on twitter asking if a trip to Australia was on the cards .. apparently they have a lot of aussie friends and their sound guy is Australian too so she said it could happen down the road :D

Maybe she could get Morrissey to open for her in Australia since everything is backwards down there, the water in the toilet, Christmas in the summer. :D

When they did their first song I was all about it. I thought they were great. Then as their set progressed I noticed that all of the lyrics to their songs were just chanting the same thing over and over. It cheapened it all for me. The music was great. Her voice was great. But if I had to hear her be repeditive for another moment I was gonna stab her in the eye with a hot french fry. It was like listening to a broken record that you couldn't bump. If they could do something else lyrically, I'd be set to become a fan. I want to like them. I REALLY REALLY DO.

They are the best support band I've ever seen on a Morrissey tour, they have great melodies, great songs, musically they're clearly talented and are the nicest people you really could hope to meet.

They are the best support band I've ever seen on a Morrissey tour, they have great melodies, great songs, musically they're clearly talented and are the nicest people you really could hope to meet.

I would go as far as saying with the exception of Franz Ferdinand (Mozza, Manchester 2004), Doll & the Kicks are the best support act I have ever seen. Even better than the Bare Naked Ladies (Beautiful South, Exeter many moons ago).

I would recommend anyone to buy their album.

I would go as far as saying with the exception of Franz Ferdinand (Mozza, Manchester 2004), Doll & the Kicks are the best support act I have ever seen. Even better than the Bare Naked Ladies (Beautiful South, Exeter many moons ago).

I would recommend anyone to buy their album.

And technically Beck opened for Morrissey at a festival a year or so ago, so I'd have to put him at the top of the list, but DATK is running a close race with him. :D

Sounds like "If You Care", which is a stunner of a song and my absolute favourite by them, have you got the album? Unless it's one the newer songs which I haven't heard yet :(

If You Care is my absolute favorite. I find myself singing along to every word at the shows and that is saying a lot as I usually just yawn through opening bands. We also met Hannah and she is absolutely lovely. I got a similar picture as Vet Tech on Fire; I saw you taking your picture. :D

Maybe she could get Morrissey to open for her in Australia since everything is backwards down there, the water in the toilet, Christmas in the summer. :D

We like to think we're normal and its up north that do things backwards :p

I actually asked her what the chances of bringing Moz down would be but she suspeciously avoided that part of my question haha

I really hope they get a record deal soon though, they deserve it.

Sounds like "If You Care", which is a stunner of a song and my absolute favourite by them, have you got the album? Unless it's one the newer songs which I haven't heard yet :(

I love "if you care" .. truly wonderful song! My fave also.

A great band. Best Moz support act in a long while.

4176334209_39d5b42522.jpg

I was so nervous I actually used the line "I love your work." :rolleyes: OMG, shoot me. Then I said I had to wait til after Christmas to buy her CD. I hope she doesn't think the majority of her fanbase are dorks. ANd my eyelids are half closed and I look drunk because my friend didn;t know how to use my camera. Oh well, it was a thrill to meet her and say thank you. :sweet:

4176334209_39d5b42522.jpg

I was so nervous I actually used the line "I love your work." :rolleyes: OMG, shoot me. Then I said I had to wait til after Christmas to buy her CD. I hope she doesn't think the majority of her fanbase are dorks. ANd my eyelids are half closed and I look drunk because my friend didn;t know how to use my camera. Oh well, it was a thrill to meet her and say thank you. :sweet:

Way to go, CG!! :D

It took me a while to realize that Hannah had a holiday swag/bough behind her in the background and that she didn't have some sort of bizarre Matthew-Barney-horned hair-do goin' on.

Tags
doll&thekicks
Back
Top Bottom