Dog on a Chain review - Classic Pop (3.5 stars out of 5)

Gist of the review is it's his best album for some time.
Some great songs with interesting arrangements but quite a few are let down by duff lyrics.
Ends the review somewhat amusingly with the phrase, 'walkies!'.

(Note: See comments for scan by Famous when dead).

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy George. Lol! Funny you should bring him up. O’Dowd has more musical talent, lyrical wit and showmanship in his left nut than Morrissey has ever or will ever have. ...and don’t kid yourself. George thinks he’s a c***, just like the rest of us.
Is it healthy to be posting about a singer you don't like at 11.30 at night? Are you shouting at the clouds in order to fill an aching vacuum in your life? Does calling someone you don't know a 'c***' make you feel better about yourself in some way? Poor little thing...perhaps you should try and find a hobby to fill up some of the gaps.

Is it healthy to be posting about a singer you don't like at 11.30 at night? Are you shouting at the clouds in order to fill an aching vacuum in your life? Does calling someone you don't know a 'c***' make you feel better about yourself in some way? Poor little thing...perhaps you should try and find a hobby to fill up some of the gaps.
It’s perfectly healthy to share one’s valid, easily relatable opinion at anytime of day, isn’t it, Kiddo?

Does that notion make your pussy hurt? Does it twist your panties up in a bunch?

Morrissey acts like a c***, so - from that - I’ll extrapolate that he’s a c***. ...and here you come, crawling to his rescue - with some weak drivel about the time of day. From that, I can extrapolate that you’re a weak-ass, mangy wee c*** too.

Fak Arf!

It’s perfectly healthy to share one’s valid, easily relatable opinion at anytime of day, isn’t it, Kiddo?

Does that notion make your pussy hurt? Does it twist your panties up in a bunch?

Morrissey acts like a c***, so - from that - I’ll extrapolate that he’s a c***. ...and here you come, crawling to his rescue - with some weak drivel about the time of day. From that, I can extrapolate that you’re a weak-ass, mangy wee c*** too.

Fak Arf!
This isn’t what anyone would call “perfectly healthy”.

Every community needs an idiot; we’ve got that drivelling slime ball.
Yes. A community of 14. 12 Incels and 2 lesbians. Carry on with your good works in the realm of sustainability challenges.

I hear there’s an upcoming conference for your lot in Vegas. Apparently they’re giving away free Melvis tickets. Don’t forget to swipe your card at the buffet!

This isn’t what anyone would call “perfectly healthy”.
...anyone of 14 people - globally - who’s panties get in a twist when someone calls Melvis out for being a proper c***.

Don’t forget the secret knock, Jimmy. The other kids won’t let you play in the swirling bowl with them, unless you’ve got the secret knock down. ;)

Every community needs an idiot; we’ve got that drivelling slime ball.
Hoover Loosley with the zinger! With your level of wit and wisdom, you’d do well to drop a CV on Melvis. Christ knows he can use some help in the writing department.

20200228_231836.jpg

Maladjusted is, to my mind, one of Morrissey’s finest; it includes his best single in Alma Matters and arguably his greatest ever song in Trouble Loves Me. Am I ill?
It is surely indisputable to Moz fans that these are great tracks, and justify the existence of the whole album.
For me, Ammunition, Wide to Receive, and Satan also all enhance my life. Most of the rest I can leave, but are interesting.
I've always found M to be more patchy than my over favourite artists - there's almost no M album with tracks I don't skip, but the high points are like no other artist.
Do others not agree?

I found LIHS by far the most thrilling listen since at least ROTT, despite its numerous flaws. M oozed conviction (if not persuasiveness) that made his delivery captivating.
I like Bobby... In contrast, the seeming lack of care in 'Knockabout' and 'Love' has made me pretty offended and angry on first few listens.
So I don't expect the album to match LIHS overall, but from the reviews, I hope for 4-5 songs that further enhance my life. What more can you ask for from a 13th album, really?

The sister publication of Classic Pop: Long Live Vinyl Magazine uses an abridged Wyndham Wallace review and scores it 7/10.

20200306_175330.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom