Dog on a Chain review - Classic Pop (3.5 stars out of 5)

Gist of the review is it's his best album for some time.
Some great songs with interesting arrangements but quite a few are let down by duff lyrics.
Ends the review somewhat amusingly with the phrase, 'walkies!'.

(Note: See comments for scan by Famous when dead).

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. I read a post somewhere on these boards a while back where someone said they understand the lyrics can never be as great as in the the past, but they come for the great music, the melodies and of course the voice. And that is kinda how i feel.

I love the melody and chorus on this song. The lyrics are a little throwaway but its a great little toon.

Im excited for this album.
Pat Boone made an entire career out of people who feel exactly the same way you do!

I fully expect this album to be better than:

LIHS
WPINOYB
YOR
ROTT
Maladjusted
KU
You’d have to be one of the 14 registered users here - who wasted their allowance on this garbage - who know what those letters stand for.

Why is it that Melvis fans insist on trying to hijack the alphabet? Please leave some letters for the LGBTQNA crowd. There are only 26 and we’re all running a bit short. ;)

Boy George is a big Morrissey fan, for some inexplicable reason he really ranks the Malajusted album and consequently was raving about Low in High School on Twitter when it came out.
Wonder if he'll still be promoting Morrissey's new album on twitter in light of politics etc?

Boy George is a big Morrissey fan, for some inexplicable reason he really ranks the Malajusted album and consequently was raving about Low in High School on Twitter when it came out.
Wonder if he'll still be promoting Morrissey's new album on twitter in light of politics etc?
Boy George. Lol! Funny you should bring him up. O’Dowd has more musical talent, lyrical wit and showmanship in his left nut than Morrissey has ever or will ever have. ...and don’t kid yourself. George thinks he’s a c***, just like the rest of us.

I wonder how well this journalist knows Morrissey's records. Morrissey used electronic music arrangements before, no surprise here! He also talked about suicide before, and many of the other things he mentions. The brilliant thing about Morrissey's lyrics is that he can talk about real life issues and, even if he repeats the same message sometimes, he still manages to do it in a new way.

I thought the same about the "condescending" bit. That's definitely something that has been said about his earliest solo songs like November Spawned A Monster or Mute Witness before.
(Also about Asian Rut although people prefer to bring this one up in another context.)

Maladjusted is, to my mind, one of Morrissey’s finest; it includes his best single in Alma Matters and arguably his greatest ever song in Trouble Loves Me. Am I ill?

Maladjusted is, to my mind, one of Morrissey’s finest; it includes his best single in Alma Matters and arguably his greatest ever song in Trouble Loves Me. Am I ill?

None of those tracks are better than Mountjoy.

Quite possibly, yes.

Although Maladjusted has its highlights, it also has a number of completely forgettable tracks which, even now, I can’t conjure the vaguest memory of.

The music had become pretty predictable & bland by this point, too.

I really like Roy’s Keen, though, & hope it will be returned to its rightful place with the upcoming reissue.

In my opinion, yes! ?
I truly never listen to anything from Maladjusted except the title track, which is great. The rest is at best tolerable, but not preferable to listen to. Just never liked that album at all.

We are all ill.

In my opinion, yes! ?
I truly never listen to anything from Maladjusted except the title track, which is great. The rest is at best tolerable, but not preferable to listen to. Just never liked that album at all.
Wash your mouth out with soap.

all this love for maladjusted,its been continually panned on here for years.

You’d have to be one of the 14 registered users here - who wasted their allowance on this garbage - who know what those letters stand for.

Why is it that Melvis fans insist on trying to hijack the alphabet? Please leave some letters for the LGBTQNA crowd. There are only 26 and we’re all running a bit short. ;)
I’m proud to be one of fourteen

I love Maladjusted. I love Knockabout World. I’m beyond excited and impatient and I’m going to listen to Maladjusted and cry about it now.

I love Maladjusted. I love Knockabout World. I’m beyond excited and impatient and I’m going to listen to Maladjusted and cry about it now.
How did the crying go... or have I interrupted the sorrow???

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom