Does Morrissey still like Jon Stewart after he abused a camel for a comedy bit?

You do realize by agreeing with Theo's underhanded arguments about Peta and Jon Stewart and the raging left that you are also subscribing to his theory that Morrissey is in someway a hippocrite and animal abuser himself?

No, I did not realize that by pointing out your post was immature, that suddenly I subscribed to Theo's madcap conspiracies theories. Despite the obvious disdain that people have for Theo on this site, I am not going to discredit what he posted here. In fact, the responses expose the type of hypocrisy rarely appraised here. Your judgment of Theo and his argument is rather simplistic and the previous post that you made (the one I commented on) highlighted the very same 'fallacious' tactics that you accused him of. This highlights the hypocrisy of the political 'left'. Morrissey, who is deeply passionate about animal rights, is somewhat dogmatic about his convictions, to the point where he practically denounced Roxy Music, because Bryan Ferry supported hunting. Similarly, David Cameron despite being a vocal fan of the Smiths, also faced similar ridicule from Marr and from Morrissey. I suspect that it is because of they're affiliation with conservative or right-wing politics, that allowed Morrissey to denounce the two (specifically Bryan Ferry) with such fervor. Jon Stewart and his Daily Show affiliates unwittingly abused a camel, for laughs and I hear no scathing denunciation from Morrissey yet, nor from PETA, because as far as they are concerned, Jon Stewart and the gang are their kind of people. I guess Morrissey can excuse the abuse of an animal for someone he likes. It's very possible he wasn't aware of this. But PETA is not excused for this I'm afraid. I believe Theo is simply highlighting this type of hypocrisy, through posing a question meant to produce provocation and discourse. This time, Theo got it right.

Last edited:
No, I did not realize that by pointing out your post was immature, that suddenly I subscribed to Theo's madcap conspiracies theories. Despite the obvious disdain that people have for Theo on this site, I am not going to discredit what he posted here. In fact, the responses expose the type of hypocrisy rarely appraised here. Your judgment of Theo and his argument is rather simplistic and the previous post that you made (the one I commented on) highlighted the very same 'fallacious' tactics that you accused him of. This highlights the hypocrisy of the political 'left'. Morrissey, who is deeply passionate about animal rights, is somewhat dogmatic about his convictions, to the point where he practically denounced Roxy Music, because Bryan Ferry supported hunting. Similarly, David Cameron despite being a vocal fan of the Smiths, also faced similar ridicule from Marr and from Morrissey. I suspect that it is because of they're affiliation with conservative or right-wing politics, that allowed Morrissey to denounce the two (specifically Bryan Ferry) with such fervor. Jon Stewart and his Daily Show affiliates unwittingly abused a camel, for laughs and I hear no scathing denunciation from Morrissey yet, nor from PETA, because as far as they are concerned, Jon Stewart and the gang are their kind of people. I guess Morrissey can excuse the abuse of an animal for someone he likes. It's very possible he wasn't aware of this. But PETA is not excused for this I'm afraid. I believe Theo is simply highlighting this type of hypocrisy, through posing a question meant to produce provocation and discourse. This time, Theo got it right.

What is logically fallacious about asking someone to shut up? It's a request.

Theo has an agenda to discredit Morrissey while posing as a Morrissey fan. He got the idea to appeal to Morrissey's EMOTIONAL fans, emotional about animals, to take his jabs at Morrissey. This is not a particularly left or right agenda to which you speak, it is just bad logic.

What is logically fallacious about asking someone to shut up? It's a request.
Nothing wrong with that I suppose. I just would of preferred it if you countered his statements with something more substantive. I am not particularly as emotional about animal rights as other Morrissey fans, but I can't stand abuse of any kind really. I don't think Theo is hell-bent on discrediting Morrissey, I think that's beyond the point. How I see it, is that he's is pointing out examples where PETA and fellow animal rights activists can be hypocritical. In fact it's quite blatant how hypocritical they can be.

This is not a particularly left or right agenda to which you speak, it is just bad logic.
I am not trying to criticize you in anyway, but if it is not about right or left political agendas why did you mention Rush Limbaugh? Why did you mention Palin or Republicans for that matter? And this issue of 'logic' shouldn't be applied to forum posts on Morrissey solo. Not anymore at least. I meant 'fallacious' to be a bit more of a metaphor and less of an accusation. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Nothing wrong with that I suppose. I just would of preferred it if you countered his statements with something more substantive. I am not particularly as emotional about animal rights as other Morrissey fans, but I can't stand abuse of any kind really. I don't think Theo is hell-bent on discrediting Morrissey, I think that's beyond the point. How I see it, is that he's is pointing out examples where PETA and fellow animal rights activists can be hypocritical. In fact it's quite blatant how hypocritical they can be.

I am not trying to criticize you in anyway, but if it is not about right or left political agendas why did you mention Rush Limbaugh? Why did you mention Palin or Republicans for that matter? And this issue of 'logic' shouldn't be applied to forum posts on Morrissey solo. Not anymore at least. I meant 'fallacious' to be a bit more of a metaphor and less of an accusation. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Did I mention Palin or Republicans?

CORRECTION: I went back and read my posts and I guess I did mention Palin shooting a Caribou. My bad. I didn't realize Palin was a loaded word, I was just pointing out that everyone exhibits cruelty to animals and Theo riding the leftist agenda that Democrats are cruel to camels is the same strain of bad logic.

Here's how I see it, Happy Maudlin. There is a point that Peta and Morrissey can exhibit selective attack. However to pretend that Theo doesn't witchhunt Morrissey is laughable. He does and it's getting old. And while he does it he works in his political agenda. I wanted it to stop. Excuse my immaturity. Anyone whose taken a logic class in college knows that his arguments are based on fallacious principles and so should be dismissed, yet he has a few pages of animal lovers blindly agreeing with his secretive agenda. Passion stirred by false logic is the root of evil. That is my point.

Last edited:
And soooooooooo, (I'm about to make an ass of myself but I kinda don't care anymore. I talk about this interesting stuff and it has a way of discrediting my actual logic skillz which I do have) considering that Theo is kinda possessed with portraying Morrissey as a hypocrite, starting threads about him eating at the Cat & Fiddle even though they serve meat and others I can't remember, it got me to thinking. What if it's a sign? What if what he's doing is calling attention Morrissey's inner river horseness. It's like a badge of honor in a way, a proclamation, wrapped up in an drawn-out insult. In that case, thank you Theo.

But you still employ bad logic. You and every radio personality left or right. It's infuriating because those are people with power who stir hatred and get paid for it. You just post on a sad little Morrissey message board. :D I still want to know what his favorite song is.

And if anyone is wondering why it would be important to Morrissey to be recognized cosmically as a hippopatamus, all you have to do is listen to this song. I'm just his compadre reading for him. Now I am going to go to lunch because I am NORMAL! And I want to clarify that I really do enjoy Theo. Though fallacious structurally, his aggressive arguments are well researched and he's passionate about something which is oddly refreshing.

Last edited by a moderator:
28 years later, a forum ostensibly devoted to the man who produced said lyrics features a two-page thread of invective occasioned by a camel being mildly inconvenienced by an american talk-show host, started by a right-wing political obsessive who doesn't mind talking to himself when nobody else will listen, as is frequently the case.

The fact that you think that camel was just "mildly inconvenienced" is disgusting.

That camel is owned by some operation that rents the camel out to TV programs. Thus the camel is owned by some operation that treats the camel exactly like a circus treats elephants (which, upthread, I noted that a Daily Show cast member has gone on PETA protests about). When they rent the camel out to TV programs (in this case, The Daily Show) the camel is handled by people who quite clearly do not know what they are doing.

The camel's personal safety was put at serious risk (his/her legs were nearly broken as firemen had to spend ten minutes un-entangling his/her legs from a collapsible metal fence).

Also, the camel was obviously going to be frightened by the whole scene: Freezing, icey Madison, protestors and the general public all around, drums beating from the protestors, curious folks gathering around, etc etc etc.

This, also, was a risk to the people at that public square in Madison: Since the camel's handlers didn't know what they were doing, it was quite possible the camel might have freaked out and caused injuries to bystanders as well as to him/herself.

I'd like to know who this camel is, and how this camel is doing. Is the camel okay? Is the camel being used for other stunts like this? I'd like to know what company rented this camel to Jon Stewart's Daily Show. I'd like to know what the backround and qualifications are of the camel's handlers. I'd like to know why Jon Stewart's program thought this was a good idea in the first place. I'd like to know if trotting a camel out in a public square is even legal in Madison. I'd like to know a lot.

PETA did not care enough to find out even as much as they did about the camel used in the church that I posted about upthread. They only commented at all, in low key fashion, when they were being called out by people noticing their odd silence. Covering their asses, but keeping it on the down-low. A real People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals should have been leading the charge to get to the bottom of things.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna reply to that jerk and bigot, CrystalGeezer, who does not know me, has never spoken with me, has never met me, and yet posts on here that I'm to be treated as a troll because I didn't gush over Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama as much as she did. What a joke!

The point in this thread is perfectly clear and hugely legitimate!

PETA stands for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Morrissey represents PETA, and Morrissey has endorsed Jon Stewart. Here we see the unethical treatment of a camel in a high profile spectacle put on by Jon Stewart's Daily Show. And we see a Madison journalist recording the camel suffering.

Listen to the noises of misery coming from that camel -- watch the video again. Those sounds of misery would be pretty chilling as backround noises in a "Meat Is Murder" type of song, so don't lecture me about how "28 years later" blah blah blah -- check your own head as you say the camel was "mildly inconvenienced", you sicko.

But we see this Madison journalist recording part of the suffering, and then the actor from The Daily Show tells him to shut his camera off. Just as people are being told in this thread to shut this thread down.

I'm absolutely sincere in this thread.

Here's the University of Wisconsin law professor from Madison, Ann Althouse, again:

Truly nauseating. The linked piece in the Isthmus says it "ends happily" because the animal is eventually able to stand up again. Ithmus is a newspaper of sorts. Let's see if — instead of smiling on camera and calling it a happy ending — the reporter finds out where the TV crew got the camel, who thought it was acceptable to bring a camel out in the ice and snow, who decided to put a collapsible metal fence around the animal, what training the handlers had, why the owners of the camel entrusted its welfare to these people, and what ultimately happened to the animal?

I kind of hate driving traffic to the Isthmus (and to the same reporter who wrote an article trashing me as an egotist because I declined to give him an interview), because it seems to be treating this as a kooky, quirky YouTube moment. It's not. It's animal cruelty.

I'd like an investigation. Should someone be prosecuted?

I agree with the University of Wisconsin law professor. And I won't be bullied by some SoLowers who simply don't give a damn about the camel and want me to shut up about it because they are Jon Stewart fans.

"Mildly inconvienced". What sort of life do you think that camel is having in the hands of these people? You fool.

Last edited:
Why am I a bigot? I dont even know who Nancy Pelosi is? :squiffy: I'll give you that I'm a jerk though. I kind of hate that Morrissey really was too busy planning a stupid tour to give a shit about a camel thread.

considering that Theo is kinda possessed with portraying Morrissey as a hypocrite, starting threads about him eating at the Cat & Fiddle even though they serve meat and others I can't remember,

I'm not calling Morrissey a hypocrite in this thread. I think he jumped on the Jon Stewart bandwagon because Jon Stewart was the toast of the town in the trendy circles Morrissey conformed with at the time. I simply asked if he is gonna join me in condemning Jon Stewart's treatment of that camel. I'm actually pretty sure he would. But that gave me the hook to put this thread in the higher-traffic section of the forum, instead of in the slums of the Pigtsy, where the mods have tried to confine some of us. "Get back to the ghetto! The ghetto! Get yourself back to the ghetto!"

You bring up that thread about the restaurant that Morrissey apparently made his second home while living in Los Angeles. (I know this was his second home because his stalkers on this site kept telling people that's where they could intrude upon his personal life.) I dunno, I thought that was a legit thread. It was provoked because Morrissey played at a multi-act festival and he pulled some big self-righteous drama stunt over smelling flesh being cooked at the event.

I found that odd, for one because a festival is a place where you are supposed to be (in my mind) tolerant of diversity. For two, I found it odd because he spent so much time swilling beers at the Cat & Fiddle, where he also smelled cooking flesh. I guess you don't think I made any point there, but I think I did. I think in the mass media he wanted articles written about how he couldn't stand to inhale the aromas of meat, but in his personal life he sits with a smile at the Cat & Fiddle and the same aromas don't bug him -- instead he's enjoying the celebrity history of the joint. The website of that meat-serving restaurant (at least at the time I made the thread) was using Morrissey's name to promote itself. Make of it what you will, but I think it was a legit thread.

In contrast, here in Northeast Ohio, homegrown pop star Chrissie Hynde is also a PETA backer. She decided to establish a vegan restaurant in Akron, Ohio. But, then, Ohio people are just more real, I guess.

Last edited:
I can't f#cking stand Jon stewart. Morrissey is lowering himself when he associates himself with nobodies like Stewart and Russell Brand etc.

I can't f#cking stand Jon stewart. Morrissey is lowering himself when he associates himself with nobodies like Stewart and Russell Brand etc.

Who is a somebody in your book?

Uh ohhhhhhh. Look what I found on the People of WalMart site. Theo's gonna be PISSED! :D

2595.jpg

I don't like Jon Stewart either. Brand is a bit excusable because he is a fan of Morrissey's, but still a bore in my book. Morrissey can associate with whom every he chooses, I just wish he was a bit more consistent with his 'independent' image he has forged for himself.

Last edited:
Tags
peta
Back
Top Bottom