Does anyone know if Morrissey has religion?

Sandie Shaw once observed that all singers have a religious impulse, except...?

"Morrissey thinks God looks like James Dean and his wife looks like Joan Sims"

But perhaps that's changed since last century. Life is funny like that.

He's a lapsed Catholic.

Mostly atheist, can be superstitious & spiritual, at times.

I reckon you people are perverted delusional duped bastards who need to stop making the California Son the star of your Harry Potter Game of Thrones Dungeons and Dragons sick fantasies. I reckon the California Son is s strict Roman Catholic that attends mass every Sunday at Our Lady of Malibu with his wife Nancy and during the subspecies chinese virus has a priest go to their house and give them communion. The California Mom and Dad opened "Morrissey's Catholic Gifts" on Whittier Blvd in Moz Angeles when they immigrated to Moz Angeles from the Republic of Ireland and closed it when the California Mom died. chipper curry northern base tossey wacker fark arse inn n nn nn nnn n n nnn n n n nnn n it.

morrissey catholic.jpg

nancy priest steve.jpg

To me, he seems to be quite religious. Always crossing himself onstage, and wearing crosses, referencing God. And let’s not forget when his mother was ill.

To me, he seems to be quite religious. Always crossing himself onstage, and wearing crosses, referencing God. And let’s not forget when his mother was ill.
I would say he's "Camp Catholic" due to his upbringing and it explains why he feels so at home in Latin American/Mediterranean culture. I think that makes sense. I hope it's okay to speculate a bit about his religious attachment!

Moz is like a lot of people who were raised in a religious home / culture and then tried to shake it off in adulthood. It diminishes but it never quite leaves. He was once asked if he believed in God and he said, "I try to."

Goths or punks, for instance, wore crosses and rosary beads around their necks purposefully to mock religion. Morrissey’s use of the cross also tends to feel satirical, especially when he’s playing with it on stage, twirling it around, during Jack the Ripper no less. 😄 I also doubt that catholics would approve of his priest dress-up.

As indicated by the ambiguous "I Have Forgiven Jesus" his feelings towards religion are probably complicated, he doesn’t quite buy the image of the "all-loving heavenly father", with all the suffering he manages to instil upon his "loved" - but may still feel attached to some spiritual elements of the faith, or even some of the doctrine. I don’t believe he’s religious in the traditional sense.

Last edited:
Goths or punks, for instance, wore crosses and rosary beads around their necks purposefully to mock religion. Morrissey’s use of the cross also tends to feel satirical, especially when he’s playing with it on stage, twirling it around. 😄 I also doubt that catholics would approve of his priest dress-up.

As indicated by the ambiguous "I Have Forgiven Jesus" his feelings towards religion are probably complicated, he doesn’t quite buy the image of the "all-loving heavenly father", with all the suffering he manages to instil upon his "loved" - but may still feel attached to some spiritual elements of the faith, or even some of the doctrine. I don’t believe he’s religious in the traditional sense.

My sister was furious about the priest outfit. Thought it was highly disrespectful.

I would say he's "Camp Catholic" due to his upbringing and it explains why he feels so at home in Latin American/Mediterranean culture. I think that makes sense. I hope it's okay to speculate a bit about his religious attachment!

Now, do you mean 'Camp Catholic ' in the sense of the One True Tent...

camp catholic.jpg

Or rather more in the sense of...

Morrissey Hipster Priest.jpg

Morrissey priest kick 2004.jpg

...?

:unsure:

Goths or punks, for instance, wore crosses and rosary beads around their necks purposefully to mock religion. Morrissey’s use of the cross also tends to feel satirical, especially when he’s playing with it on stage, twirling it around. 😄 I also doubt that catholics would approve of his priest dress-up.

IHFJ and the priest outfit was nearly 20 years ago. I get the feeling he has become more religious in recent years. I thought it was overwhelmingly apparent when his mother was dying.

IHFJ and the priest outfit was nearly 20 years ago. I get the feeling he has become more religious in recent years. I thought it was overwhelmingly apparent when his mother was dying.

"There's always time to change, son "... even between the stirrup and the ground.

He got all Catholic again recently. Be interesting to see if he's still into that shite after his mother passed without God responding to his request for help.

Back
Top Bottom