Do You Think Morrissey Should Dye His Hair?

Layne

I've personally noticed that his face really hasn't aged much at all since the 90s relatively speaking but his hair just makes him look like a geezer. I don't know what happened but he went grey in a hurry. Lately he's been using a lot of old photos anyway so clearly he'd prefer not to look like an old man... and he really doesn't have to.

So what's the verdict? I'd say yes. He could grow back out the sideburns and change his image a bit after returning from his current seclusion. He could easily turn the clock back to 2000.

I think this is the next best thing to reforming the Smiths.

mozpeta2000.jpg
ingrid_newkirk_2000_09_13.jpg

Last edited:
i dont know, stuff like that can effect how you feel and act in both positive ways and negative so i imagine its really more of a personal decision based on how it would make him feel. its does look better in some ways but i dont care either way myself really. he looks good either way though

He may have gone much whiter after he was very sick.

28splzd.jpg

When did he start getting grey?

He does dye it now, I like it-looks like they run some dark brown through the top with a comb so it looks natural. I do believe his face would have aged better if he had used sunblock. But he looks handsome regardless of wrinkles or haircolor. He has wonderful bone structure and that will hold your face up.

No way! He looks great. I have never thought Morrissey looks like a "geezer"! I love watching him get older. Gray hair is nice.

(I, on the other hand, will continue dying my hair until I'm in the ground.)

As the generally disgusting term aging gracefully goes, he pretty much walks the dinosaur.

Nope. No reason. Looks great.

Yes he still looks good but not like the stunner he could be and I think his hair being grey -- almost white now -- affects people's perception of him, especially non-fans who might come across him in passing. It's so easy to hear some of his comments in the news, see a photo, and declare him a grumpy bitter old fart.

For that matter the non-visible part of his public image could use some work too but that's another story...

Maybe he doesn't care but for someone who clearly cared (even obsessed) over hair in the past from what I can tell that would be surprising. I know I'll never let my hair go white especially at 55.

I miss his awesome sideburns which he basically can't grow with grey hair since they'd be pathetic. If I was him I'd be worrying more about dyeing and less about dying. He's 55 not 90.

Last edited:
Yes he still looks good but not like the stunner he could be and I think his hair being grey -- almost white now -- affects people's perception of him, especially non-fans who might come across him in passing. It's so easy to hear some of his comments in the news, see a photo, and declare him a grumpy bitter old fart.

For that matter the non-visible part of his public image could use some work too but that's another story...

Maybe he doesn't care but for someone who clearly cared (even obsessed) over hair in the past from what I can tell that would be surprising. I know I'll never let my hair go white especially at 55.

I miss his awesome sideburns which he basically can't grow with grey hair since they'd be pathetic. If I was him I'd be worrying more about dyeing and less about dying. He's 55 not 90.

JesusHChristonabike.

I guess the California sun took its toll because he was pretty grey even in 2004 and surely dyeing at least somewhat back then.

But I'm referring to the real deal, going for that nice dark brown full head of hair and sideburns.

the only time I've ever really noticed his hair colour looking weird was in the 'Zane Lowe' interview he did for MTV ahead of 'Years of Refusal's release.

It was this weird, chestnut brown colour, very modern-day-McCartney and it looked pretty bad.

hqdefault.jpg

Other than that blip I think he's aged a lot more gracefully than his peers. Never had a nip or tuck, never had his teeth capped, etc. He also suits the grey hair.

Back
Top Bottom