Do you guys know anything about kidney stones?

Glad you are feeling a bit better today, Cassius :). Glad your BF is ok, too

Oh, you are a sweetie. How are you feeling?

BTW, something happened the other day that reminded me of you. The other day my DBF and I went to a WWE show. I made a sign for William Regal (one of the wrestlers), and when he came out he mentioned it. It reminded me of your "frinky" sign. :)

Oh, you are a sweetie. How are you feeling?

BTW, something happened the other day that reminded me of you. The other day my DBF and I went to a WWE show. I made a sign for William Regal (one of the wrestlers), and when he came out he mentioned it. It reminded me of your "frinky" sign. :)

I'm finally feeling better, thanks.

I have no idea who Regal is (or that you liked WWE!) but that's cool you made a sign (what did it say?)
How very sweet that you thunk'o widdo o'me and my sign :)

You mean this one? ...any reason to post it ;)
frinksign.jpg

I'm finally feeling better, thanks.

I have no idea who Regal is (or that you liked WWE!) but that's cool you made a sign (what did it say?)
How very sweet that you thunk'o widdo o'me and my sign :)

You mean this one? ...any reason to post it ;)
frinksign.jpg

It said "I (a heart) Regal". I think he was suprised to see it, because he's a "heel" (a bad guy) and doesn't seem to have very many fans. He kept staring over in my direction quite a few times, then he said, "And, yes, I see you back there, and yes, I am much more handsome in the flesh."

And I was like :eek::eek::eek:

There is not enough :eek: smileys to describe how I felt. Here's a pic of him:

william_regal_19.jpg

Maybe not cookie-cutter hot, but, hey, different strokes for different folks.

*high fives her sign making friend*

:sweet::guitar:

Damn, I love Vicodin. It's put me in this awesome mood. However, I had to go to the grocery store to get some soft food, since hard, more solid foods hurt my tummy still, and I kept tripping over everything and everyone looked at me funny.

haha. me too. :D

actually one of my friends had surgery on monday, and she told me they gave her Dilauded for pain.

i should visit her soon..........:cool::p

You should have seen me at the ER. I'd never taken painkillers before, so when they gave me a shot of them, I was on Cloud 9.

My dad had renal cholic as he called it and all I can say is it was utter agony.So i feel for you.

Hope its sorted soon.What do they do nowadays remove them?Passing them surely is out?:eek:

Get well soonXXXX

My dad had renal cholic as he called it and all I can say is it was utter agony.So i feel for you.

Hope its sorted soon.What do they do nowadays remove them?Passing them surely is out?:eek:

Get well soonXXXX

Thanks, Hellie. :) I think I am going to have to pass them because even though I have two, they are only about one millimeter each. But I'm going to the uroligist (damnit I can't spell that!) next week and I'll know more then.

Thanks, Hellie. :) I think I am going to have to pass them because even though I have two, they are only about one millimeter each. But I'm going to the uroligist (damnit I can't spell that!) next week and I'll know more then.

Well insist on some kind of morphine.I've just had the worst tooth abcess known to man and was in so much pain, my lovely (I could have married him:D) Doctor gave me some kind of morphine based drug mixed with 1000g:guitar: of paracetomol.Lets just say once the pain was gone i was floating.

A long while ago i had appendicitis and as it was xmas and i didn't want to call out a doctor I went on to get gangrene:sick: in it and septicaemia.I was delirious with pain...but once I got the morphine it evaporated!!You have to put your foot down and demand it though because the'd just give you a conventional ibuprofen or something otherwise.

Hope you are pain free soon.When you get better you'll get that euphoric "glad to be alive" feeling.:D

Well insist on some kind of morphine.I've just had the worst tooth abcess known to man and was in so much pain, my lovely (I could have married him:D) Doctor gave me some kind of morphine based drug mixed with 1000g:guitar: of paracetomol.Lets just say once the pain was gone i was floating.

A long while ago i had appendicitis and as it was xmas and i didn't want to call out a doctor I went on to get gangrene:sick: in it and septicaemia.I was delirious with pain...but once I got the morphine it evaporated!!You have to put your foot down and demand it though because the'd just give you a conventional ibuprofen or something otherwise.

Hope you are pain free soon.When you get better you'll get that euphoric "glad to be alive" feeling.:D

Actually, I've got a lovely bottle of Vicodin. :) It's helping out. At first I wasn't going to take it because I'm leery of painkillers, but I'm glad I took them because I feel 1000000000X better.

Actually, I've got a lovely bottle of Vicodin. :) It's helping out. At first I wasn't going to take it because I'm leery of painkillers, but I'm glad I took them because I feel 1000000000X better.

Spoke to step-dad and he said that he got anti-biotics and drunk plenty of water and that got rid of it. I was hoping for more of a revelation from him but it wasn't forthcoming i'm afraid.

I hope you're feeling better today?

Spoke to step-dad and he said that he got anti-biotics and drunk plenty of water and that got rid of it. I was hoping for more of a revelation from him but it wasn't forthcoming i'm afraid.

I hope you're feeling better today?

I am, thanks, but only because I'm on painkillers. Hopefully this will pass soon (literally!).

I am, thanks, but only because I'm on painkillers. Hopefully this will pass soon (literally!).

Man when this is all over it'll be such a relief. You should know more by next week though.

Both my dad and my husband have had them. My dad likens the pain to labor pains. I've never seen him agonize over them. He tends to be the stoic type. My husband, on the other hand, was positively crippled by the pain. He would just fall to the floor and curl up in a fetal position and then stretch every which way in a vain attempt to find a comfortable position. The pain was so bad that it made him vomit.

I would recommend drinking as much water and cranberry juice as you can. And don't get the mixed cranberry juice. If you can get 100% unsweetened cranberry juice, that would be the best. Be warned - it is extremely tart. Try to stay away from caffeinated beverages and dairy products, at least until you see the urologist. Some kidney stones are calcium based.

Did you get the cone when you went to the doctor? If you did and you can, save the stones if you pass them. That way, the urologist may be able to tell you what it's mostly made of and make a diet recommendation to help prevent the formation of new ones.

There are many different types of kidney stones. You may find this link interesting (or just downright scary): http://www.herringlab.com/photos/2/index.html

I hope you're feeling better soon. I know it's not a fun thing to go through. Keep us updated on how things are going!

I'm not a doctor. I just play one on TV. :)

what she said,
I had 7 (yes SEVEN) when i was about 14!!! and it was hell, it does make you vomit a lot (i lived on ice pops becuase twas the only thing i could keep down) and is excrutiaiting, best thing you can do for yourself right now is to DRINK tons and tons of water, it'll ease the pain. and help flush out any toxins...
I had to have mine lazered so i could then pass the 'pieces' which didnt hurt as they had been turned to almost dust. but i had to have it done twice, doesnt hurt, but requies a general anaesthetic.

basically drink and drink and drink, until you feel like you are a walking 'water balloon' and even then just keep drinking, its the best thing.
good luck with it all... :)

Thought of you today, Cassius. And the old saying “When life gives you kidney stones, make jewelry” :p

Hope you are coping okay.

Back
Top Bottom