Der Spiegel audio released - what's next?

You really are a blinkered fanatic. The journalist has stated elsewhere that she told a personal story to Morrissey that had nothing to do with the printed interview. Plus: the recording was meant for transcribing only. Therefore the cuts might be due to the fact that often the journalist stops the tape when s/he consults her/his notes and wonders what to ask next. Or the interviewee might stop the recording too if s/he decides to tell something off the record.

Besides, what on Earth could Morrissey say in the presumably censored bits that would cast his recorded comments in a different light? Plus when Morrissey hadn't yet denied saying those comments, you spent quite a lot of time defending what he said -- and suddendly they are not okay, when Morrissey says so? No amount of silly font sizes and underlinings can change the fact you're a pathetic loon.

'Besides, what on Earth could Morrissey say in the presumably censored bits that would cast his recorded comments in a different light?'

guess we'll never know.

'Plus when Morrissey hadn't yet denied saying those comments, you spent quite a lot of time defending what he said -- and suddendly they are not okay, when Morrissey says so?'

not true.

If you read my posts in the thread when the interview was first published, you'll see that I don't defend him. And I stated then that I feel he must be misinformed about the Spacey accusations and his Germany comment, to say what he did.

before you go accusing someone you should really inform yourself on what that person actually said/wrote at that time. And unlike you, I'm not gonna stoop to your level and call you any names, it's obvious you have personal issues that need to be looked at professionally.

Yes, unless the omitted cuts were Morrissey saying that he wanted to change earlier answers ... don't see how it backs his claims in any way.

it cuts when she asks him about the Weinstein matter, it cuts back in while he was answering. Is it so difficult to think that the part of his answer that we do not hear may indeed shape his answer in full? I think so.

it cuts when she asks him about the Weinstein matter, it cuts back in while he was answering. Is it so difficult to think that the part of his answer that we do not hear may indeed shape his answer in full? I think so.

Strange. Someone told us Der Spiegel was serious but if you listen with attention even the last part of the audio seems chopped, not a professional thing IMHO.

What's next? Well, I hope Morrissey and the band come to SA during 2018. Next!

You really are a blinkered fanatic. The journalist has stated elsewhere that she told a personal story to Morrissey that had nothing to do with the printed interview. Plus: the recording was meant for transcribing only. Therefore the cuts might be due to the fact that often the journalist stops the tape when s/he consults her/his notes and wonders what to ask next. Or the interviewee might stop the recording too if s/he decides to tell something off the record.

Besides, what on Earth could Morrissey say in the presumably censored bits that would cast his recorded comments in a different light? Plus when Morrissey hadn't yet denied saying those comments, you spent quite a lot of time defending what he said -- and suddendly they are not okay, when Morrissey says so? No amount of silly font sizes and underlinings can change the fact you're a pathetic loon.

Shhh! Crazy people don't know they're crazy!

Yes, unless the omitted cuts were Morrissey saying that he wanted to change earlier answers ... don't see how it backs his claims in any way.

In that case Morrissey should have come forward and stated that instead of just denying everything in his Facebook post. And he still could, but he most likely won't.

And even if he wanted to change previous answers, that doesn't mean that the original comments could not be printed. He said them after all. Although it would be against journalist ethics to print them and omit mentioning that Morrissey regretted them afterwards.

Of course you do. It's called grasping at straws.

one day maybe you'll post the truth, that isn't it.
Yeah, I bet they edited it carefully. I bet Elon Musk made an AI Morrissey robot just for this purpose and had it say that rape is like a matter of opinion and that a parent that lets their child out of their sight is responsible for anything that happens.
I bet Morrissey will come out with a new tape that they don't know about and it won't say any of that stuff. This is probably all a big setup! *fingers crossed*

Yeah, I bet they edited it carefully. I bet Elon Musk made an AI Morrissey robot just for this purpose and had it say that rape is like a matter of opinion and that a parent that lets their child out of their sight is responsible for anything that happens.
I bet Morrissey will come out with a new tape that they don't know about and it won't say any of that stuff. This is probably all a big setup! *fingers crossed*

we don't know what your going on about, but it's definitely not ...the truth.

Back
Top Bottom