Morrissey Central "DENISE JOHNSON" (March 1, 2021)

DENISE JOHNSON

unnamed.jpg

As covered here last July & October.
FWD.

Related item:

If she wanted to, she could have covered Paul McCartney or Bowie or something, but instead she chose The Smiths. I wonder what made her chose this particular song. I know why I would
have chosen it, I like to imagine her reason to do so would be the same as mine.

:cool:

Last edited:
They shouldn't be forgotten. At least Morrissey and also Denise remember/ed.

If she wanted to, she could have covered Paul McCartney or Bowie or New Order or something, but instead she chose The Smiths. I wonder what made her chose this particular song. I know why I would
have chosen it, I like to imagine her reason to do so would be the same as mine.

Denise Johnson was really good friends with Johnny Marr. She was also good friends with Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke.

It was probably in tribute to her friends Johnny Marr, Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke.

Denise Johnson was really popular in Manchester's indie music scene she was very much part of that scene and was very welcome in that scene! In the same way that Rowetta is.

Denise Johnson was also good friends with Dave Haslam and he attended her funeral. She would of known Tony Wilson.

Denise Johnson was never friends with Morrissey. I don't even know if they met each other. I don't know if she was a fan of Morrissey's solo work? If Denise Johnson had wanted to make a statement about Morrissey she would of chosen one of his *solo* songs to do a cover of.

In terms of politics Denise Johnson was pretty left-wing and she would Tweet about some of her political views on Twitter.

Denise Johnson was probably most famous for singing with the band "Primal Scream". Denise also sang with "A Certain Ratio" (ACR) and many others.

If she wanted to, she could have covered Paul McCartney or Bowie or New Order or something, but instead she chose The Smiths. I wonder what made her chose this particular song. I know why I would

She covered True Faith on the same album Ketamine

Last edited:
It instantly reminded me of those early Smiths covers by Sandie Shaw, not a bad thing.
Well I Wonder is a very special song to me, the one I regard as my all time favourite.

When are you going to stop being an uninformed idiot?

Denise Johnson was really good friends with Johnny Marr. She was also good friends with Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke.

It was probably in tribute to her friends Johnny Marr, Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke.

Denise Johnson was really popular in Manchester's indie music scene she was very much part of that scene and was very welcome in that scene! In the same way that Rowetta is.

Denise Johnson was also good friends with Dave Haslam and he attended her funeral. She would of known Tony Wilson.

Denise Johnson was never friends with Morrissey. I don't even know if they met each other. I don't know if she was a fan of Morrissey's solo work? If Denise Johnson had wanted to make a statement about Morrissey she would of chosen one of his *solo* songs to do a cover of.

In terms of politics Denise Johnson was pretty left-wing and she would Tweet about some of her political views on Twitter.

Denise Johnson was probably most famous for singing with the band "Primal Scream". Denise also sang with "A Certain Ratio" (ACR) and many others.
Pack it in Andrea. What name will you use next?

🧐

all you had to do is mention the evil one Le:frogface: to know the twatfest that follows:mad:

she chose the song because she was a fan of the original, the exact same way M chose the songs for california son.dead at only 56,shame.

She covered True Faith on the same album Ketamine

Oops ! :lbf:

Did she cover any Paul McCartney or Bowie? I don’t blame her if she didn’t, even if they’re more popular and known.

Oops ! :lbf:

Did she cover any Paul McCartney or Bowie? I don’t blame her if she didn’t, even if they’re more popular and known.

No, she just covered some songs she liked of bands from Manchester. The only other well known band, apart from The Smiths and New Order was 10 cc (no idea if they were known in the US)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom