Denise Johnson dies - New album features a Smiths cover version ("Well I Wonder")

See the Book Of Condolence thread for earlier discussion.
The Smith's song covered on the forthcoming "Where Does It Go" is Well I Wonder.
Regards,
FWD.

As I said in the condolence thread, while folks were jumping on the anti-Moz bandwagon, here Denise in 2017 showing her love for & support of Morrissey.

Brave.

Denise has a great voice and she obviously appreciated
Morrissey’s genius when it came to melody and delivery, not to mention great lyricist.

Can’t wait to hear her version of Well I Wonder!

Sad loss.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sad when anyone dies but probably a more influential and interesting Mancurian that died the other day was CP Lee, who i had no idea about, till I looked into his past.

One of the best songs ever when it comes to generating emotions. The book some claim it was inspired by has inspired so many songs through the years and that can't be a bad thing.

Denise was well known to lots of people, CP Lee wasn't but I suppose you are thinking that CP Lee was more interesting due to him being white.

He was in a psychedelic band in the 60's...a Bonzo-Dog style 70's band with Vini Reilly's drummer Bruce Mitchell - Alberto y Lost Trios Paranoias, part set up the Manchester Digital Music Archive....i think that's pretty interesting.

The thing about this song - not that it's a bad song - it isn't - but if you've read this...

... you know every word already

Yep, another piece of art that most wouldn’t have known about if it were not for Morrissey’s idle hands.

What was it that Oscar Wilde once
said ?

I think it was .....

Talent borrows, Morrissey steals.”

:tiphat:

Oh well done Pete, you cracked the code. It's a 36 year old song with a lyrical source that's been widely referred to many times but you and you alone are the sage to teach us the error of our ways.

Don't forget to collect your £200 when you pass go.

The thing about this song - not that it's a bad song - it isn't - but if you've read this...

... you know every word already

Yep, another piece of art that most wouldn’t have known about if it were not for Morrissey’s idle hands.

What was it that Oscar Wilde once
said ?

I think it was .....

Talent borrows, Morrissey steals.”

:tiphat:

I'd like to see all the people who put him down for having source material take a novel & turn it into a great song.

One of Morrissey’s best lyrics and melodies.

That's very pretty.

Moz is like Kate Bush though, I always want the original because part of the meaning of the song is in the way they sing it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom