December 10 & 11, 1997 DAT Tapes

N

ninlive

Hey all. My name is Ryan. I run the Nine Inch Nails live archive and I have a few DAT tapes of Morrissey from 1997 on 12-10 and 12-11 that have been given to me from another trader/taper to transfer and post.. Don't have a lot of information on them, who taped etc. Wondering if you know someone who may have more info to see if these could be upgrades, or new sources.

The 12/10 date looks to me that there were some mic problems throughout the night with not enough power. It doesn't sound terrible, but the tape seems cut.. a lot. I am not sure if it was done that way when it was transferred to the DAT copy. But it has its errors. 12/11 sounds a lot better. I assume these two tapes were done by the same taper.

Before I posted these, I'd love to gather any info y'all might have. You can email me at ryanj at reflectinginthechrome.com. Or I will also check this thread.

Thanks for your help. Love to see other sites like this. Cheers.

Hey all. My name is Ryan. I run the Nine Inch Nails live archive and I have a few DAT tapes of Morrissey from 1997 on 12-10 and 12-11 that have been given to me from another trader/taper to transfer and post.. Don't have a lot of information on them, who taped etc. Wondering if you know someone who may have more info to see if these could be upgrades, or new sources.

The 12/10 date looks to me that there were some mic problems throughout the night with not enough power. It doesn't sound terrible, but the tape seems cut.. a lot. I am not sure if it was done that way when it was transferred to the DAT copy. But it has its errors. 12/11 sounds a lot better. I assume these two tapes were done by the same taper.

Before I posted these, I'd love to gather any info y'all might have. You can email me at ryanj at reflectinginthechrome.com. Or I will also check this thread.

Thanks for your help. Love to see other sites like this. Cheers.
Hello there,
I believe these are known to the community.
First:
20200321_021214.jpg

The Battersea gig exists in several forms, but I've not seen DAT mentioned with regards to its source prior - so that's interesting to me. The Chester gig has widely circulated, but a new encoding wouldn't go amiss.
Regards,
FWD.

Cool! Do you have any equipment info for the 12/11/ gig? I assume that they are indeed the same tapes. Probably nothing new.

Will definitely let you know when I finish it up. Just wanted to get as much info as possible before sharing it out!

Back
Top Bottom