David Johansen in New York photo - Morrissey Central

I think this got overlooked as the video statement is above it.
For those interested:

DAVID JOHANSEN IN NEW YORK / 2018.

44482_44480_IMG_20180102_022435_268.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/david-johansen-in-new-york-2018

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I think it is Elvis, because the words on the left say 'Love me tender love me dear'. But weirdly the words on the right seem like they are 'To die by your side...' Somebody making some Elvis/Moz connection?
That is really interesting. The Elvis Presley and Morrissey connection is intriguing. I love both Elvis Presley and Morrissey.

I think David Johansen is uber-cool he is a very talented rockstar with good taste.

For some reason the New York Dolls, Iggy Pop and Beck remind me of Mick Jagger. I think Mick Jagger got some of his moves from James Brown.

People are saying David Johansen looks like Mick Jagger, elfin, Norwegian, Engelbert Humperdinck, Elvis Costello... all sorts. I think his eyes almost look a bit like a Native American Indian. People say that he dyes his hair.

It says on Wikipedia that David Johansen was born in the New York City borough of Staten Island, New York, to a librarian mother, Helen, and an insurance sales representative father who had previously sung opera! David Johansen's family was Catholic. His mother was Irish American and his father was Norwegian American.

So David Johansen is half Norwegian! Morrissey might relate to the fact that they both have some Irish Catholic roots. Also I think that both their mothers were librarians.

I think that the original hipsters come from Williamsburg which is a trendy neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York.

David is still doin' his thing too.

Wow David Johansen is so cool. He reminds me of Elton John a bit here, he is also a bit like the late Ian Dury, the late Lou Reed and Dr. Feelgood (the British pub rock band). He is like all the cool rockstar dudes combined Mick Jagger, Aerosmith, Iggy Pop the lot. He is New York bohemian chic through and through.

Back
Top Bottom