David Bowie dies at 69

Jordan Rudess, who contributed to 2002's Heathen, several of the musicians on Blackstar, Tunde Adebimpe of TV on the Radio (who recorded a track with Bowie in 2006) and members of Arcade Fire (Bowie guested on 2013's Reflektor) are just a few of his recent collaborators who have commented on his death. Stop trying to dig for some hidden scandal that isn't there.

No conspiracy, for me a lot of it is just personal...just really curious what the artists who worked with him in the 90s have to say and so far its has been very little.
Just partial to that era for my own nostalgic reasons.

Moz is likely waiting to see if they'll invite him to the funeral before releasing any comment. No doubt that will colour his approach to eulogizing his idol.

I'd like to think of David Bowie looking down on that comedy of errors laughing his bollocks off. You couldn't make that up, I'm sure it will be on utube soon.
Tv gold.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Could hear my wife pissing herself laughing at that, had to go and see for myself - was hilarious

Predictable "Why is Morrissey not saying anything" "Fantasy jealous Morrissey jibes" etc,etc...
David is the artist that has died & sadly left us that are all still here, lets hope Morrissey can survive another 12.5 years. We all know it's a quick once-around so it's hard to figure that one as is the impact David's passing has had on him imo.
When he is ready he will share.

R.I.P David Bowie.

Could hear my wife pissing herself laughing at that, had to go and see for myself - was hilarious

The thing is though we only saw the edited footage, just imagine the whole thing in full.
The whole timing of it,BB telling David to go and rest in bed. When Angie says "no you can't tell the others" and when the housemates go in the bedroom and lift his bed covers.
Is was like something out of Laurel and Hardy.
Television history.

I heard about how great Tony Wilson was. But being a bitter cynic I saw a middle class bloke with aspirations take a few working class lads, with talent, give them hopes and dreams (forget the bedsits they inhabited, I heard he purchased a swish table lol and a house next to Pilchard and Rudey) and made his name thus. Not even judging him, but despite Mancs telling me how he made Madchester I never saw it as such. I was thrilled when I heard he never signed The Smiths.

I heard that M is setting up a Bowie tribute show! He will be singing the songs from the Ziggy album from beginning to end in
full Ziggy regalia (with outfit changes) and wig! This will be done all A cappella of course. Proceeds will go to the Barnardo's children charity.

I hear the encore will be a rendition of the Laughing Gnome.

ha ha ha, hee hee hee "I'm a laughing gnome and you can't catch me"

I don't really know how Tony Wilson fits this thread but after reading M's Autobiography I can't hear the name Tony Wilson without remembering that anecdote about how M confused him with Jerry Springer in Los Angeles. I literally lay on the floor with laughter as I read that. It was hilarious.

Predictable "Why is Morrissey not saying anything" "Fantasy jealous Morrissey jibes" etc,etc...
David is the artist that has died & sadly left us that are all still here, lets hope Morrissey can survive another 12.5 years. We all know it's a quick once-around so it's hard to figure that one as is the impact David's passing has had on him imo.
When he is ready he will share.

R.I.P David Bowie.

I think Wayne Newton will himself be feeling a bit pushed out and "mushroomed" !
Think Visconti ! Keeping Steven out of the loop whilst recording the final chapter under strict secrecy. Think Kristeen, so harshly and publicly ex-communicated but still part of the "Visconti gang" ! Think David saying 4ck off your not using that photo Steven ! Think Wayne trying to let bygones be bygones with a bit of junior high ribbing (remember that in future Mike Joyce).

Team Bowie is standing on his fingers good and proper with this one.
Wayne Newton has been gagged.

I can't see Throwing my arms around David ever seeing the light of day which is a crying shame as I think it would have gone straight to No 1 in the charts.

Oh Wayne why did you have to leave us like this ?

I heard about how great Tony Wilson was. But being a bitter cynic I saw a middle class bloke with aspirations take a few working class lads, with talent, give them hopes and dreams (forget the bedsits they inhabited, I heard he purchased a swish table lol and a house next to Pilchard and Rudey) and made his name thus. Not even judging him, but despite Mancs telling me how he made Madchester I never saw it as such. I was thrilled when I heard he never signed The Smiths.

I'm glad he never signed The Smiths and going forward in your music venture good luck to you laying out your money putting people like Shaun and Bez in high end property.
Watch your back Lord Sugar.

4ck off Ketchup Bum you've been mushroomed.
Do you know who Shaun and Bez are ? Thank God for google.

Brett Anderson (Suede singer) on David Bowie's death:

"I had the pleasure of meeting David several times and he was always so charming and warm. To say he was a great artist is a lumpen understatement; his songs became the furniture of mine and so many people's lives and helped write the book of pop music itself. We are all far poorer without him."

#322 is Ketchup Bum !

Laugh out fookin loud ! Get back with the mushrooms you silly so and so !

I think Wayne Newton will himself be feeling a bit pushed out and "mushroomed" !
Think Visconti ! Keeping Steven out of the loop whilst recording the final chapter under strict secrecy. Think Kristeen, so harshly and publicly ex-communicated but still part of the "Visconti gang" ! Think David saying 4ck off your not using that photo Steven ! Think Wayne trying to let bygones be bygones with a bit of junior high ribbing (remember that in future Mike Joyce).

Team Bowie is standing on his fingers good and proper with this one.
Wayne Newton has been gagged.

I can't see Throwing my arms around David ever seeing the light of day which is a crying shame as I think it would have gone straight to No 1 in the charts.

Oh Wayne why did you have to leave us like this ?

Let's be honest. Bowie was very very interesting in the 70s and let's Dance, Serious Moonlight Tour was epic but everything after that sucked. Morrissey was treated like garbage by Kristeen and Tony Viscunti. Oh btw, she came to my town and had about 5 people in the audience and i am glad we don't have to sit through her music before Moz. Moz save your TTY statement, Bowie was a jerk to you.

Let's be honest. Bowie was very very interesting in the 70s and let's Dance, Serious Moonlight Tour was epic but everything after that sucked. Morrissey was treated like garbage by Kristeen and Tony Viscunti. Oh btw, she came to my town and had about 5 people in the audience and i am glad we don't have to sit through her music before Moz. Moz save your TTY statement, Bowie was a jerk to you.

Are you Morrissey's bitch?

Yes infecting Steven with a cold was the straw that broke the camels back wasn't it.

'Oh Lou / why did you leave us this way?'
27 October 2013

Morrissey And Lou Reed
'Oh Lou / why did you leave us this way?'

No words to express the sadness at the death of Lou Reed. He had been there all of my life. He will always be pressed to my heart. Thank God for those, like Lou, who move within their own laws, otherwise imagine how dull the world would be. I knew the Lou of recent years and he was always full of good heart. His music will outlive time itself.
We are all timebound, but today, with the loss of liberating Lou, life is a pigsty.

'7 glasses used to be
called for six good mates and me
now we only call for three'

-Patrick MacGill

MORRISSEY
27 October 2013

Just because without Bowie there would be no Morrissey doesn't mean I can't think he is overrated and had an awful voice. Its partly subjective and partly I just believe if he wasn't heralded as being "so different" he wouldn't have been anything special. I'm not that young, I just don't rate him. Don't try to play the age card.

An awful voice? You really don't have clue do you?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom