Damon Albarn on Morrissey's potential Gorillaz collaboration

"I've had some hilarious emails from Morrissey as you would imagine. But I don't think he's a collaborator. And this was before his stupidness. Just for the record."

From The Times. October 2020.

Or- funnily, this sort of ongoing behavior has never been tolerated by decent people with intelligence and the integrity to go along with it. He's a relic of a dead age, as is his contemptible behavior. People are fed up and voting with their dollars. And it would appear that Morrissey is losing that vote in a landslide. But he'll just cry fake news and blame someone else, never taking any responsibility for his statements or actions. Kind of like a certain bloated orange toad that is facing similar contempt and abandonment for his behavior in America. I'm starting to think they're long lost brothers at this point.
You can’t fool us. The real Left Testicle is, at least, funny. So do one you fake gonad.

Damon should stick to making his sub-par world music and embracing multiculturalism since he hates his own race so much..... "Colchester was hideously white".
Buck up Hoff; admit it—he’s done OK for 30 years.

I’ve just been to see Kajillionaire, I really enjoyed it; the mood was like American Honey, so if you liked the latter see the former.

You can’t fool us. The real Left Testicle is, at least, funny. So do one you fake gonad.

How is a couple of controversial sentences, barely appearing in the media & singing unhappy songs, in any way like Trump, who loves the media, thinks everything he does his great & who will go straight back to doing golf course deals with his new contacts?

Personally, I think Morrissey's main issue has been his health. He collapsed onstage in 2009 & he's often looked in pain since.

How is a couple of controversial sentences, barely appearing in the media & singing unhappy songs, in any way like Trump, who loves the media, thinks everything he does his great & who will go straight back to doing golf course deals with his new contacts?

Personally, I think Morrissey's main issue has been his health. He collapsed onstage in 2009 & he's often looked in pain since.
You mentioned once about the Madness support being deeply affecting; I think you called it right—he’s been on guard ever since.

If he knew what was good for him, he would’ve joined The Smiths.

I do think that says it all though. The Smiths were doomed to split up because ultimately for Moz 'this band ain't big enough for the both of us'. Moz clearly much prefers playing with a group of basically session musicians who will never be in danger of eclipsing him. There's more than a hint of narcissism in his makeup - it's what makes him Morrissey.

I love how any opinion that isn't completely pro-diversity or isn't blindly all-in with the Left's narrative is automatically binned as "stupid."

That should tell you something. You know how when little kids argue with each other, they just immediately start calling each other names and screaming, because they haven't yet developed the intellect to reason and parse out nuanced elements of issues and see that there are other points of view besides their own?

Well, that's the modern Left.
:poop:🤡

Yeah there's Interlude, as that scrote points out, but also with Thelma Houston on Bobby...unless you're saying that TH was a guest singer, & that generally speaking Moz is not a true collaborator?

Edit: I think our posts crossed.
Pretty sure they weren't even in the studio together for Interlude. That whole duet turned very sour very quickly.

"I've had some hilarious emails from Morrissey as you would imagine. But I don't think he's a collaborator. And this was before his stupidness. Just for the record."

From The Times. October 2020.
Yes, make sure to virtue signal " for the record". I don't expect Morrissey will ever be a collaborator with the status quo, to his credit.

Yes, make sure to virtue signal " for the record". I don't expect Morrissey will ever be a collaborator with the status quo, to his credit.
No? I think a Morrissey/Francis Rossi hookup could be quite interesting.

Buck up Hoff; admit it—he’s done OK for 30 years.

I was a big fan "back in the day". Saw them several times before they got big...locally and in London. Graham used to hang out at my fave pub before he went to London and I know people he was friends with. But Damon....he appropriated working class imagery...made a packet off it and then disses my locale and his core support? No. Imagine Moz saying "Manchester was hideously white".

Apparently Damon is mystified that not all fellow Brits sell out their heritage and make tribal music for the lowest common denominator hipster-thug subset.

Apparently Damon is mystified that not all fellow Brits sell out their heritage and make tribal music for the lowest common denominator hipster-thug subset.
"hipster-thug" seems like a Venn diagram where I'd find someone wearing that hat.

When you say "tribal music for the lowest common denominator," are you referring to the moment when Gustavo pulls out the f***ing didgeridoo so that Morrissey can croon some inane lyrics about how voting sucks?

When you say "tribal music for the lowest common denominator," are you referring to the moment when Gustavo pulls out the f***ing didgeridoo so that Morrissey can croon some inane lyrics about how voting sucks?
Huh

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom