Cruel World Co-performers, English Beat's Dave Wakeling suggests fans can leave early before Morrissey plays

Dave Wakeling, frontman of English Beat and Co-performer of Cruel World Festival, tells fans they can leave early before Morrissey show....

unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. If he had real principles he would pull out of the gigs. But no. Happy to take the dollars first and then lecture punters.
The Brummy Twat
Is there an American Beat? I’m assuming there is, but I daren’t look.

One sure-fire way to know, I find, is to leave Jesse Tobias a couple of hours to react on social media.
If he doesn't throw a fit about his very vEry good fRieND MorRissey beiNg bEtraYed, ending with a sonorous "GOOD RIDDANCE TO FALSE FRIENDS!" like he did last time, it's nothing.
Jesse Tantrum hasn't reacted on behalf of his master, so I think we're in the clear.

Shame, another post like that one would have made my day.

Remember
"Our crew then tried to keep her at a reasonable distance"...? The guy tours during a pandemic, but invented social distancing back in 2014 (to keep germy women at bay.)
(PRoteCt eLJefe at all COSTS!)

Maybe Jesse was busy during the weekend. Sadly you quoted part of my post. That's like throwing me to feed the beasts of this place. Well, no problem.

Is there an American Beat? I’m assuming there is, but I daren’t look.
No. But there is / was an American band called "The Beat"
So the Brummy twat had to distinguish the two bands with the same name when playing in the US by calling themselves the Birmingham Beat, er I mean the English Beat.

Screenshot_20210627-131018~2.png
Screenshot_20210627-130840~2.png
Screenshot_20210627-130900~2.png

Screenshot_20210627-132543~2.png

FWD.

The bauhaus have apparently been on a good run lately.

im glad that he’s addressing comments directly. It was a stupid thing to say about another band on the bill and I don’t think the promoters are gonna be happy to hear the opening bands saying something that might sabatoge the end of there fest and see there hard work get ruined either after all effort to get the show back up. He should know better especially if he really doesn’t have a problem with morrissey being on the bill. What was the point then, to be funny (?) because it wasn’t really and had a lot of possibly poor repercussions for a bunch of people

The bauhaus have apparently been on a good run lately.

im glad that he’s addressing comments directly. It was a stupid thing to say about another band on the bill and I don’t think the promoters are gonna be happy to hear the opening bands saying something that might sabatoge the end of there fest and see there hard work get ruined either after all effort to get the show back up. He should know better especially if he really doesn’t have a problem with morrissey being on the bill. What was the point then, to be funny (?) because it wasn’t really and had a lot of possibly poor repercussions for a bunch of people

The point is that he was saying to people who might not go because Morrissey is on the bill, you can come and watch the other bands and leave before Morrissey takes the stage. He was acknowledging that some people have a problem with Morrissey but not agreeing with those people's views.

🧤
right the dumb twat got called out and
now claims to know what all the other
bands think:crazy:
maybe he interviewed the band and all ticket
buyers on his say off from the bug top:circustent:
🇭🇷>:hammer:

The point is that he was saying to people who might not go because Morrissey is on the bill, you can come and watch the other bands and leave before Morrissey takes the stage. He was acknowledging that some people have a problem with Morrissey but not agreeing with those people's views.

He doesn't say that. If he wanted to say that, he should have been more precise.

His advice is inappropriate. It's like telling adult folks that in case they need to pee, they can use a toilet. Completely unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah telling people they don’t have to watch a set at a fest if they don’t want to isn’t really advice. It’s needless advice in order to bring up an issue that didnt need to be addressed as it’s not a real problem. It may cause a bunch of other people problems though which is why I think it was selfish

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom