Cruel World Co-performers, English Beat's Dave Wakeling suggests fans can leave early before Morrissey plays

Dave Wakeling, frontman of English Beat and Co-performer of Cruel World Festival, tells fans they can leave early before Morrissey show....

unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here have ANY pride? The “butt-hurt Melvis fan” thing is getting pretty tired.

Nothing more pathetic and self-serving than Morrissey hate, especially by so-called Smiths fans.

Always found it interesting how few of Morrissey's contemporaries have an issue with him. Really says a lot about the recent character assassination.

Always the loud/vocal minority who try to make it out he is some hated and controverisal figure which is easily dispelled by asking the majority of people who like The Smiths what they think of him and just by simply looking at his monthly listeners on Spotify.

The English Beat play bars and the Canyon Club. Morrissey sells out world tours. So hey Dave, shut the f*** up.

Dave Wakeling, frontman of English Beat and Co-performer of Cruel World Festival, tells fans they can leave early before Morrissey show....

View attachment 73625

Well Noel Gallagher adores Morrissey as he said recently in an interview on Absolute Radio. He mentioned Johnny Marr as well and can manage to speak about both of them without virtue signalling or looking for anything out of it, other than recalling a funny story and expressing his admiration for both of them.

Eh, dunno who that is. Great line up tho, wishing it was closer to home!

Johnny can be relied upon to show up and put on an excellent crowd-pleasing show.
Exactly, and even if Johnny's not on the bill he's willing to join and support other bands - right now I'm thinking of Glastonbury 2019 with The Killers. Even if Morrissey was asked, he'd demand a meatless venue, probably wouldn't interact with the other artists, and definitely wouldn't play a hits forward setlist.

Last edited:
Morrissey allegedly refused to support Band Aid as it was black humans who were dying.

cant get used to the english beat thing,they were the beat and that is it.any uk citizen on here calling them the english beat,,,,stop.

I reckon blood wacker take a piss tit. How is Moz Angeles the hometown of the Brittish Beat or whatever they are called? I reckon this Brit is talking shit about California's Son and claiming Moz Angeles as his hometown? I reckon if California Son hears this, he's gonna go all Hillbilly Jim on his ass. I reckon wtf is it with you foreign Brit people that makes you so loonie...is it all the Burger King you stuff you faces with or letting a ball falling from the sky hit you on the head and calling it a "sport"?
Aztec, nice reference to Hillbilly Jim. I take it you’re a wrestling mark, yes?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom