Cover of "Michaels Bones"

khealey237

Always one of my favorites. This version is played on ukelele, acoustic, bass, and electric guitars, with MIDI drums programmed in real-time. Recorded in my home studio using Cubase LE for mixing/recording and Ozone 9 for mastering. Please share!

Lose the echoed vocals and ease up on the ‘masturbatory’ playing (I.E. strip it down, more emphasis on feeling instead of technique). Otherwise, more than solid. Very nice voice. And excellent choice of song.

Nice work.

Did I notice the use of the Tay Zonday method of "moving away from the microphone to breath in."

Chocolate Rain!

He was just someone's luckless son but now look what he's done. His gentle hands are frozen but his eyes still shine. But he's too brave and I'm afraid of myself as usual.
It's a beauty alright, but a few mistakes with the lyrics here.
It's 'but his eyes still cry' - even more poignant! And at the end, the words are, 'I'm ashamed of myself as usual'.
One of my favourite Morrissey/Street compositions - I'm not aware that it's ever been played live?

Thanks for the comments, folks. Let me know what you think of my covers of Suedehead, Swallow on My Neck, and Angel Angel Down We Go Together. And share if you like! :)

I really enjoyed that. Your musical flourishes reminded me of David Sylvian's Secrets Of The Beehive album, which is a killer. I like the vocal time too, echoes of Lilac Time era Stephen Duffy. Great stuff! I'll explore the others now.

I really enjoyed that. Your musical flourishes reminded me of David Sylvian's Secrets Of The Beehive album, which is a killer. I like the vocal time too, echoes of Lilac Time era Stephen Duffy. Great stuff! I'll explore the others now.
Thanks so much! This is great feedback. Honestly I've never listened to Sylvian or The Lilac Time, but they're now on my playlist. Cheers.

Tags
cover version covers morrissey cover
Back
Top Bottom