"Cosmic Dancer" b/w "That's Entertainment" vinyl 7" released today (February 19, 2021)

73E2BCA0-9201-4EE6-BED2-10A7EE68EA21-min.png

First mentioned last August and 3 months after the digital release of Cosmic Dancer, today sees the official release date of the double A-side black vinyl.
This release appears to be very widely available with HMV, Mporium, most Amazons & Indies having good stocks.
Amazon & HMV briefly listed the release date as January 29, both revising it shortly thereafter.
It will more than likely chart quite high on the vinyl singles chart based on previous releases.

There is no matrix message on either side of the record.

F3295296-12F1-4065-A4ED-84477B0B0410.jpg
5DDA0BD0-3A92-42AC-81FB-BE2F21C9584A.jpg

(above pics via @AngelosBarry)

Cosmic Dancer is mis-dated as February 6, 1991 (the Kill Uncle Tour didn't start until the end of April, '91).
The actual date of the gig was June 2, 1991 at The Great Western Forum (the venue's name at the time).
This appears to be an error based on the US/UK dating systems and clearly wasn't checked thoroughly.

PXL_20210215_1044252962~2.jpg

The Morrissey Central assertion re: That's Entertainment:
"...The recording is not the aborted version from 1994..."
may well remain a mystery (or perhaps is as erroneous as the dating of Cosmic Dancer).

Update:

That's Entertainment became available on a variety of digital music hosts/shops some time after midnight UK time.
The track appeared on YouTube thereafter too (with comments turned off):

Regards,
FWD.

Related Items:

Preston 2004 (?) was the last time I got feverish at the front. Since then I’ve enjoyed the comfort of seats, and the cooler heads of my neighbours.
The Leeds 99 was an excellent show, I agree.
Preston, was that a Friday night IIRC.

So I've listened to the new That's Entertainment and am rather confused about its existence. Did Boz and/or Roger Manning add a few little extras last year? Where is the cor anglais? Where's Vic Reeves??

Saw this on PJLM whilst I was researching the original players....
In a 1992 interview published in Slitz magazine, Morrissey said "It was a completely worthless version. I wanted to make it different from the original, but maybe I shouldn't have tried that. The original is a classic and Paul Weller is, when he wants to be, a genius."

So I've listened to the new That's Entertainment and am rather confused about its existence. Did Boz and/or Roger Manning add a few little extras last year? Where is the cor anglais? Where's Vic Reeves??

Saw this on PJLM whilst I was researching the original players....
In a 1992 interview published in Slitz magazine, Morrissey said "It was a completely worthless version. I wanted to make it different from the original, but maybe I shouldn't have tried that. The original is a classic and Paul Weller is, when he wants to be, a genius."
Basically, yes.
They 'found' the Bowie footage. Tarted up the audio and then chucked Entertainment on the AA side with some additions to make a '2021' version with some additional guff about an 'aborted' version nobody had ever known about (and probably never will).
Manning gets a credit, but mostly attributed to Boz.
Regards,
FWD.

(and HBD Kenny - Evil Edna would approve).

The Leeds 99 was an excellent show, I agree.
Preston, was that a Friday night IIRC.
Yes, I think it was a Friday. It was the last really ‘intimate’ gig I attended. And possibly the last one that felt a little wild.

Apart from Paris 2006 (a magical but civilised concert) it’s been arenas since. I miss the smaller venues.

Yes, I think it was a Friday. It was the last really ‘intimate’ gig I attended. And possibly the last one that felt a little wild.

Apart from Paris 2006 (a magical but civilised concert) it’s been arenas since. I miss the smaller venues.

How do you remember days & dates!!!

The only thing I know without checking is that my dog died on Saturday 22nd October 2011 at 1am.

Me too, Halifax Victoria Theatre, Bradford St Georges Hall, Blackburn King Georges Hall were some of my favourite Morrissey concerts. The Bradford one was great as I met Boz and Joey Barton outside!

How do you remember days & dates!!!

The only thing I know without checking is that my dog died on Saturday 22nd October 2011 at 1am.
I can tell the day by remembering (or not) how pissed I got.

Me too, Halifax Victoria Theatre, Bradford St Georges Hall, Blackburn King Georges Hall were some of my favourite Morrissey concerts. The Bradford one was great as I met Boz and Joey Barton outside!
Halifax Victoria Theatre: that sounds brilliant. The Ken Dodd tour I expect? Was there any standing?

Was the Bradford one 2011? I seen him there in 95 & 02. Grimsby was a couple of nights later, and was one of the best of many good gigs in 2011. The last small venue tour in the UK.

Halifax Victoria Theatre: that sounds brilliant. The Ken Dodd tour I expect? Was there any standing?

It was all standing downstairs, remember each side of the hall had tables the entire length of the room selling beer, so if you,stood at the edge of the floor you literally put your arm out to get one. Probably explains the headache the morning after!

Was the Bradford one 2011? I seen him there in 95 & 02. Grimsby was a couple of nights later, and was one of the best of many good gigs in 2011. The last small venue tour in the UK.

Yes that's the one, had moist eyes when he sang I Know It's Over!

Lyn's sounding as if it's the end, but hopefully he'll do a tour of small, quirky venues & get back into the swing of it that way.

Seems a bit overoptimistic, but also doesn't sound like the end.

It was all standing downstairs, remember each side of the hall had tables the entire length of the room selling beer, so if you,stood at the edge of the floor you literally put your arm out to get one. Probably explains the headache the morning after!
Brilliant. Motherwell Civc Hall was like that. It lends itself to a good gig.

I’m daring to believe The Lightning Seeds at The Ritz could happen?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom