Confirmed 2014 tour dates; seeking label to issue "World Peace..." - TTY

The 02 arena? Disturbing.

Ticket prices are similar to Kylie (just as an example) - general admission are the top priced so I guess for moz you get to stand for £79 or so Each ticket comes with a £12 'convenience fee'. The site also mentions the cheap seats (that will be £50 plus) are not recommended for those suffering vertigo! (Or visual or hearing impairment I imagine ).

I saw Prince from the cheap seats in 2007 for £15 off e-bay. One of the best gigs I've been to particularly as it was the O2.

Sadly I doubt whether Morrissey will have the stage in the centre of the venue with all sorts of shenanigans going on. I can't see it selling out either tbh which means cheap tickets nearer the time of the gig.

"Confirmed" should be used very loosely here. I say he quits after the Italy dates, just for the fact that he loves Italy and Italian women.

Re: Confirmed 2014 tour dates - TTY

In fairness, 90 pounds sterling is ridiculously high for an hour and ten minutes of Moz. You could buy most of his back catalogue for that money and have it until the discs disintegrate (if you didn't already have them of course). There is no need to rape people of their money. No artist is worth that kind of money unless it is someone like The Cure who can play for anything from 3 hours to 4 hours. If Moz is doing less dates, which I agree is a good idea, he should sing more songs at those concerts. If he was enjoying the concert you would think he'd only be warming up in the first hour instead of warming up to jump into the limousine.
Don't attack me for saying the above. God knows I've lined his pockets often enough in the past, and will continue to do so as long as I don't have to give my trousers too.

Acton,

Shouldn't you call them "pants" for the US readers ?

The venues and ticket distributers usually charge a standard price for arenas like the O2
and also other venues which can be slightly cheaper outside London. It is not uncommon for tickets to go over £100 for London venues. I digress but many years ago I paid £80+ to sit and watch Grease the musical. And Tommy. Thankfully the soundmen were awesome. Sadly I couldnt say that about my date.

Lloyd Cole is available for 3hr shows. He played New Mills Social Club last week and had several tickets available for £15
If you demand minutes. I prefer quality and the Morrissey gig experience, which has always been
outstanding - bar the Liverpool arena bottle throwing event.

Finally, Morrissey does not climb into a limo. One time it was a Volvo ! The time before that they had a group
of coaches and trucks and gear. Infact "gear" was everywhere - its a wonder all of there kit makes it from place
to place but they are a great group of guys and awesome musicians. The "gear" went everywhere - Sunderland to Scotland and back again.

Enjoy WPINOYB TOUR - be thankful you can make it. I am ill and my days of jumping around
are gone but many fans travel because they put on a fantastic show, time and time again. From the Ken Dodd tour
to the European tour. The ticket prices are what they are. Don't you remember the fantastic Boz Boorer banjo on EDILS in Malmo ? It is
that memory that is worth it. God, it costs £20 for a cinema ticket and £15 for popcorn and drinks !

Best,

Hazard.

Re: Confirmed 2014 tour dates - TTY

Acton,

Shouldn't you call them "pants" for the US readers ?

The venues and ticket distributers usually charge a standard price for arenas like the O2
and also other venues which can be slightly cheaper outside London. It is not uncommon for tickets to go over £100 for London venues. I digress but many years ago I paid £80+ to sit and watch Grease the musical. And Tommy. Thankfully the soundmen were awesome. Sadly I couldnt say that about my date.

Lloyd Cole is available for 3hr shows. He played New Mills Social Club last week and had several tickets available for £15
If you demand minutes. I prefer quality and the Morrissey gig experience, which has always been
outstanding - bar the Liverpool arena bottle throwing event.

Finally, Morrissey does not climb into a limo. One time it was a Volvo ! The time before that they had a group
of coaches and trucks and gear. Infact "gear" was everywhere - its a wonder all of there kit makes it from place
to place but they are a great group of guys and awesome musicians. The "gear" went everywhere - Sunderland to Scotland and back again.

Enjoy WPINOYB TOUR - be thankful you can make it. I am ill and my days of jumping around
are gone but many fans travel because they put on a fantastic show, time and time again. From the Ken Dodd tour
to the European tour. The ticket prices are what they are. Don't you remember the fantastic Boz Boorer banjo on EDILS in Malmo ? It is
that memory that is worth it. God, it costs £20 for a cinema ticket and £15 for popcorn and drinks !

Best,

Hazard.
I pay five euro for my cinema tickets in a modern cinema and usually sneak in my own popcorn and drinks. Ireland O2 will be cheaper than London. I was just saying that going to a concert shouldn't cost £90. That price is for rich Barbara Streisand fans who have no taste in music. Factor in travel cost or hotel and you're talking £200 for an hour of music from Moz. I do realise I am lucky to be able to go, and I can live with the cost. A lot of people couldn't justify that cash outlay for such a short concert. As Roy Batty says: "moments lost in time ... like tears in rain".

Eighteen dates on this tour. How many will he cancel? Can we start a betting pool?:D

He's never gonna complete these dates so yes let's live up to the name he gave us and start the online hateful crèche betting shop.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Hannover should be on sale on eventim.de too around 9 am CET, even though not yet listed on eventim.
It's listed on the venue site
http://www.capitol-hannover.de/termine/morrissey/
Also apart from ordering tickets online, it seems to be possible to call there 0049/ 511/ 12 12 33 33. That number is named on the Hanover venue site, don't know if it's the venue itself or some Hannover based ticket shop.

The Capitol in Hannover is an interesting location. It's in a 8-floor-building built around 1890. Capacity is up to 1800 standing it seems.

The Colosseum in Essen is 1500 seats in 45 rows. All seating.

Berlin Columbiahalle is 3500 all standing.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for an Oslo date after Stockholm. And another one in Denmark before Copenhagen.

And for all our American friends – the tickets to Copenhagen will go on sale on Monday September 1 10 a.m. (3 a.m. on the east coast) on www.billetlugen.dk.

The Capitol in Hannover is an interesting location. It's in a 8-floor-building built around 1890. Capacity is up to 1800 standing it seems.

The Colosseum in Essen is 1500 seats in 45 rows. All seating.

Berlin Columbiahalle is 3500 all standing.

The Hannover date is now listed on eventim.de!

Wow, that was a stressfull 5 minutes, they expect you to fill in all your details within 5 mintes!! But I managed to get tickets for Essen, very happy now (and off to work :))

The real gem of this lineup is Krakow/Cracow. Forget the huge expense of o2 and do yourself a favour..book a budget flight to Krakow, airport a 20min cheap bus ride from centre. Find cheap accommodation on booking.com, i've booked 2nights for around £30 in the centre. Watch Moz in a small intimate venue where wherever you stand you'll be close to the stage/bar (beer around £1.50) and have a great view. Spend the weekend in a wonderful cheap city and make sure to visit the delightful Wieliczka salt mine. Much the same info applies to Warsaw also where the concert is in an ancient, rundown student club but a perfect small venue literally about 10 bus stops from the main airport. Tickets at £30 are quite expensive by Polish standards and should be easily obtainable. Why not see both shows? Wed in Warsaw then take a polskibus(.com) to Krakow on Fri (5hr journey, tickets around £8 or 3hr intercity journey, tickets at £22, or fly on Lot(.com) for £32).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom