Cologne - Palladium (Mar. 9, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don’t Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Love Is On Its Way Out / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Lars, @Thewlis & Anon

Last edited:

The detritus pouring scorn on everything are only here to upset people. Maybe they/he/she/it liked Morrissey once, who knows, but they/he/she/it are now reduced to trolling these boards hoping to ruin other people's enjoyment of the shows. Thank whichever God is closest to you that you are not them/he/she/it.

PARIS CANCELLATION
top night in Cologne

Attachments

• 20200309_205746.jpg
    20200309_205746.jpg
    801.3 KB · Views: 173

Another abomination of a setlist. I've never seen a more selfish performer who is so vastly out of touch with the needs and wants of his audience.

Another abomination of a setlist. I've never seen a more selfish performer who is so vastly out of touch with the needs and wants of his audience.
What did you want/need? Bona drag? Hatful of hollow?

210 Moz gigs
That was in the top 10 for the last 10 years.
Anyone carrying on over the performance is a prick

Viva la Boca

Why should he play what you the audience wants, it’s his show he can play whatever songs he pleases, if you don’t like that then I suggest you stay away. It would be insane for him to play songs that the audience want to hear but are irrelevant to him.

M was the most alive and energetic I have ever seen him. The new songs - Sold! And ( as we germans say )I think he had a clown for breakfast, that's how goofy he was. Setlist - my cup of tea! That Monday was certainly one for the books.

Unfortunately I agree, I enjoyed Leeds, but they’re warm up gigs for Las Vegas. Moz will play whatever, that’s never gonna change

my eighth show and one of the best I've been to. The crowd was very appreciative and lively. Morrissey was in a good mood and lots of silly banter between songs. When he announced that Paris would be cancelled, he was quite apologetic and it was clear that the reason was the government decision, not his decision and also said London is still on. "Paris is cancelled because of.. Miley Cyrus" was a funny malapropism for "corona virus." He also said, in an overly exaggerated voice that made it clear he was partly joking, "I blame Macron!" More sincerely, he said something along the lines of "To our friends in Paris... I will see you.. sometime.."

The stage was quite a bit farther back than usual, with large platforms for speakers between the stage and the barrier. It would have been impossible to reach out for a handshake, believe me, I have long arms and I tried. At one point, he joked "If I step down there [points to platform], I will.... die."

A number of people on the barrier held out records to be signed, to which he said "I am impressed" (I guess at the records they had) and signed just one. The stage was so far that the record had to be passed to Morrissey and back to the fan by security. Probably the stage distance and set-up is typical for the venue and didn't have to do with spreading illness worries, since Morrissey shook some hands in Leeds.

I believe the acapella intro was part of Wooden Heart by Elvis, but not sure. He sang "because I don't have a wooden.... head" suggestively.

Some lyric changes that are new to me at least:

TJIFA: something like "I won't die with a smile on my face after all"

WPINOYB: "next time you vote, don't repeat the process."

WBB: "I've got the wedding bell blues."

He also gave a particular person on the barrier, not sure who, a vinyl of the new album and threw about five of the Far Forward t-shirts toward the front also.

Overall, a really nice night. See you in London.

I've just returned home from the Cologne gig and I agree it was a fantastic show. So happy it wasn't canceled. Moz indeed was in a great and funny mode. I've just seen him 7 times before and the last time was a few years ago in 2015 and I've really enjoyed seeing him perform again. The setlist was great and nearly all songs came across very vivid and well. Jim Jim Falls was amazing, I'm excited for the studio version. Also the covers like Morning Starship or Lady Willpower and Never again will I be a twin were powerful. His voice in great shape and it seems he enjoys singing these covers a lot. The crowd was also pleasant and there was a good welcoming atmosphere.
He even signed someone at the front a record after the first few songs.
I'm really sorry for the people who wanted to attend Paris. I hope he indeed will come there in the next future.

I've just returned home from the Cologne gig and I agree it was a fantastic show. So happy it wasn't canceled. Moz indeed was in a great and funny mode. I've just seen him 7 times before and the last time was a few years ago in 2015 and I've really enjoyed seeing him perform again. The setlist was great and nearly all songs came across very vivid and well. Jim Jim Falls was amazing, I'm excited for the studio version. Also the covers like Morning Starship or Lady Willpower and Never again will I be a twin were powerful. His voice in great shape and it seems he enjoys singing these covers a lot. The crowd was also pleasant and there was a good welcoming atmosphere.
He even signed someone at the front a record after the first few songs.
I'm really sorry for the people who wanted to attend Paris. I hope he indeed will come there in the next future.
Twin ain’t no cover

M was the most alive and energetic I have ever seen him. The new songs - Sold! And ( as we germans say )I think he had a clown for breakfast, that's how goofy he was. Setlist - my cup of tea! That Monday was certainly one for the books.
Energetic??, I wasn’t there, but I doubt it,

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom