Chino of Deftones Performs "Dial a Cliche" in an Icelandic volcano

Link from Jamie:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG55sgcquym/
cjh51109: Chino playing 'Dial-a-Cliché' by Morrissey live and acoustic in a volcano.

Last edited:
Is this guy a professional musician?

Yup with his band having eight studio albums one b-side with one shipping gold and three shipping platinum though I'm thinking many of them sold at gold levels. Been a band since ninety five and there last album went number two here and five in the u.k. Ten million aLBums sold world wide. Also has a side project called team sleep. This type of song and Morrisseys musical style in general is pretty far from what he usually does though. I really enjoy the defines and have been a longtime fan. Some of there albums are like heavy dreamy shoe gaze

Reminds me of the courtney love video of just her isolated voice and guitar.

It just shows what can be done in a studio these days.

Reminds me of the courtney love video of just her isolated voice and guitar.

It just shows what can be done in a studio these days.

Well I can't speak to the technical live set up but chino sings nothing like Courtney love. He doesn't usually play guitar though so I can't speak to that. He doesn't really make much pop music so I could see how it'd be a stretch for him though he loves morrissey and the smiths. Here's a deftones song if you haven't heard one. From there new album gore

Deftones - hearts / wires

This and there last album kicked up some of the ambient sounds but they've always been a mix of ambient textures and white noise. I like there meausred pacing as well but my heart tends towards there more violent material

Well I can't speak to the technical live set up but chino sings nothing like Courtney love. He doesn't usually play guitar though so I can't speak to that. He doesn't really make much pop music so I could see how it'd be a stretch for him though he loves morrissey and the smiths. Here's a deftones song if you haven't heard one. From there new album gore

Deftones - hearts / wires

This and there last album kicked up some of the ambient sounds but they've always been a mix of ambient textures and white noise. I like there meausred pacing as well but my heart tends towards there more violent material

I like this, thank you. Open an account and log in, anons kill discourse on this site.

I like this, thank you. Open an account and log in, anons kill discourse on this site.

I probably won't but thanks anyway for the good vibes. If you like this song you'll probably like this album. The earlier stuff gets noises but it's all fairly good. there guitarist died not long ago as well so it's good to see them still going. Must have been tough

I probably won't but thanks anyway for the good vibes. If you like this song you'll probably like this album. The earlier stuff gets noises but it's all fairly good. there guitarist died not long ago as well so it's good to see them still going. Must have been tough

It was the bass player but they had stopped playing with him before he died. He got into a car accident and barely survived. Saw them live a few years ago and the new bass player was wearing a meat is murder shirt.

It was the bass player but they had stopped playing with him before he died. He got into a car accident and barely survived. Saw them live a few years ago and the new bass player was wearing a meat is murder shirt.

Yeah I wanted to write bass guitarist but I'm not the best at typing or the most careful. His name was chi but I didn't know they had stopped playing with him. He was in a coma for a bit if I'm remembering corrctly. He died I think during the period between Saturday night wrist and diamond eyes

He also played Girl Loves Me from Blackstar.

Morrissey's continued silence on Bowie is utterly unforgivable.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom