Chicago is Postponed

I can't do this anymore..Its like a sick joke that I keep putting myself through over and over. I'm up to about 15 cancelled shows now. People I know are flying in from all over the country.

Ever hear the story of the idiot who keeps reaching into the oven although he keeps getting burned? I think it was written about you. :guitar:

EDIT: Is Boz really that integral to the sound anymore that they couldn't pull together the concert short-staffed? Most major groups I know of have done it many, many times.

I want a Morrissey Cancelled tour shirt with all of the cancellation dates written on the back. It would need to be small print, though.

This seems quite sudden. I heard the band had already started rehearsals. Boz shouldn't have any visa problems. It's not like he doesn't travel much. Sorry to all those who have put out so much money, took time off from work and traveled far distances. If the show is rescheduled for 17 December then how come it's not in the line up? It's only mentioned in the initial announcement. This is precisely why I never fly or drive too far from home to see a Morrissey concert. One never knows when he'll not feel up to it.

This seems quite sudden. I heard the band had already started rehearsals. Boz shouldn't have any visa problems. It's not like he doesn't travel much. Sorry to all those who have put out so much money, took time off from work and traveled far distances. If the show is rescheduled for 17 December then how come it's not in the line up? It's only mentioned in the initial announcement. This is precisely why I never fly or drive too far from home to see a Morrissey concert. One never knows when he'll not feel up to it.

What has this got to do with Morrissey not feeling up to it?

Chin up. Neil Morrissey's on the One Show.

Man, I really envisioned myself having a different sort of Thursday today.

Instead I went to work.

I also can't believe I am such a sucker to have already re-booked for 12/17. Hope it works out.

Last edited:
Only learned the gig was rescheduled today, Friday, when I saw the Reader. I feel sorry for the people who've had to travel from far away - I live in Chicago. I couldn't go on Thursday so am actually kind of glad, for my own selfish reasons, that he rescheduled cos I can go to the December one. And if any of you Chicagoans are bored next Thursday night, 11/17/2011, I'm giving a reading from the book I wrote, Soundproof Future Scotland, that has Moz references in it too. I also had a short story in the Paint a Vulgar Picture anthology that Peter Wild edited. My reading is at the Armadillo's Pillow, 6753 N. Sheridan Rd, Chicago, IL 60626. it's from 6-7pm and I'll be reading with two punks friends. Come along and say hiya to hear a Scottish accent if you feel so inclined. And I WILL be doing it cos I only live a hundred yards away from the bookshop!

Oh, it's Boz :(. I just read "lead guitarist" and assumed it was Jesse. No need to be such a twat about it.

Why did you think it was Jesse if he's not the lead guitarrist?
The time when all the band was british is gone - Jesse is amarican and his parents are mexican.

Back
Top Bottom