Chicago, IL - Riot Fest - Thursday Preview Party (Sep. 16, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Never Had No One Ever / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Lady Willpower / Knockabout World / You Have Killed Me / Back On The Chain Gang / Satan Rejected My Soul / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Samuel Valdez, FWD & setlist.fm

(2 lines from "My Way" prior to How Soon Is Now?).

Last edited:
Despite the usual moaners on Twitter, I never expected there to be much of an actual protest at this show. It may be a festival, but he's headlining the day - you'd have to be a pretty hardcore hater to stay past the support bands to throw sausages at the stage, rather than just leave.

Does anyone else get really burned up at the idiots bitching and moaning on social media about the food stands going meat less for one stinking day but then when you check the person's profile doing the complaining and they talk about stopping global warming. You can't make this up. Shit for brains.
who even goes to a concert thinking "i hope they've got meat!!"

From the Chicago Sun Times' review of Patti Smith's set, earlier in the day:

Smith dedicated the reggae-pop pulse of her song “Redondo Beach” to Morrissey, the evening’s headliner and former vocalist of The Smiths, who has covered it.

Despite the usual moaners on Twitter, I never expected there to be much of an actual protest at this show. It may be a festival, but he's headlining the day - you'd have to be a pretty hardcore hater to stay past the support bands to throw sausages at the stage, rather than just leave.
No, I didn't expect that either and I suppose that even if they stayed long enough to attend Morrissey's show, they would probably quickly realize that that they are outnumbered by Morrissey fans.

In the end, the Twitter moaners are just a very vocal minority. A petition to remove Morrissey from Riot Fest did not even manage to raise more than 65 signatures: https://www.change.org/p/riot-fest-replacing-morrissey-from-riot-fest?

:thumb:

INCREDIBLE SHOW BY MOZ!
HUGE CROWD FOR MOZ DAY IN
RIOT FEST aka MOZ FEST:)
TROLLS NOT TO BE SEEN TOTALLY DECIMATED
CORRECT SET LIST CORRECT ORDER
INCREDIBLE ASSORTMENT OF SWAG SOLD OUT!!
MUCH SUCCESS AND MONEY FOR MOZ IN SOLD
OUT TOUR!!!:hammer:

BACK TO 🇭🇷 FOR NEXT LEG OF TOUR.🏂
NO UKRAINE SHOWS CANCELLED TOO MANY
MMUFFINS🪂

🇭🇷>:hammer:

:)
Moz rules over Riot Fest:)
Peeps, no meat, no McMuffins, McQuarter Pounders, or chicken chunks:barf:
no pork chunks(n)
no roasted ukrainian boar:barf:
no cheeseburgers or solid worm soup:barf:

good food, veggie burritos(n)

:hammer:

That's not that old!

I didn't mean he's old at all.

What I actually meant is that it seems some people on here expect to see in 2021 a Morrissey from many years ago. Someone that no longer exists, for obvious reasons.

I think Moz is great. I love and respect him.

From 'anon' via Strange thread.
Absolutely relevant here:

FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom