Chicago, IL - Riot Fest - Thursday Preview Party (Sep. 16, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Never Had No One Ever / First Of The Gang To Die / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Lady Willpower / Knockabout World / You Have Killed Me / Back On The Chain Gang / Satan Rejected My Soul / Half A Person / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Samuel Valdez, FWD & setlist.fm

(2 lines from "My Way" prior to How Soon Is Now?).

Last edited:
I saw the Frankenstein monster in the backdrop. Did anyone else notice this?

Can any attendees confirm what was said/sung prior to HSIN enough for setlist.fm to think it's an 'unknown' song.
Thanks,
FWD.

Frankenstein monster during The Loop
Screenshot_20210916-213754_Facebook.jpg

Just got back - Setlist was brilliant! Loop, Jack the Ripper, Half a Person, Shoplifters, Irish. His voice was amazing and the band sounded powerful and strong like never before. Only downfall was no encore and the show was only 1 hour and 8 minutes. Merch was looked good and most t-shirts were "only" $35. Spotted Moz watching Patti Smith for a few minutes.
242181962_10221957160330362_6476498914067375556_n.jpg

Ignore above question - a couple of lines from "My Way" in to HSIN.

"...to say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels..."

(Slightly altered).

Moz commented that he barely survived his flight on United. Also said somebody should've used a stronger pen on their sign because he couldn't read it.

Just got back home from the show. I think it went really well. He definitely seemed to have more energy in the first half of the show. There was some sagging in energy around the middle, but perhaps it was the songs that were lending themselves, for him, to a little more introspection or something. Loved the inclusion of “The Loop”! Very happy to get a chance to hear “Never Had No One Ever”! I think a shoe was thrown as well, very close by me. No encore, which was disappointing, but he was I think sniffing something from a bottle towards the end. Perhaps he was feeling a little ill? Nasal spray?
He searched for the nasal spray in his top pocket and found it I believe in a side pocket.

He said something about saying words that are real, not those that come from one who kneels.

Moz commented that he barely survived his flight on United. Also said somebody should've used a stronger pen on their sign because he couldn't read it.
What do you mean? Explain a little more please

There was a guy in another area who was grilling turkey legs for sale. But every stall in the food area was vegetarian. I had the cheese pizza for those keeping track!
Milk is murder too. It involves rape and usually murder of calves, after they've been deprived of movement, so their muscles will be tender to make veal. Bad news, I know.

Does anyone else get really burned up at the idiots bitching and moaning on social media about the food stands going meat less for one stinking day but then when you check the person's profile doing the complaining and they talk about stopping global warming. You can't make this up. Shit for brains.

I had a fantastic show this evening! Morrissey was in a great mood, I thought, and he sounded even better. No pre-show videos this time, no shirt toss, and no encore.
“The Loop” was a wonderful change up to the setlist! No handshakes since there as a huge moat between the stage and the barrier.
One fan tried to stage crash but was hauled off by security before they even got close.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom