Chicago, IL - Congress Theater (Dec. 17, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Maladjusted / First Of The Gang To Die / People Are The Same Everywhere / Speedway / All The Lazy Dykes / Satellite Of Love / Meat Is Murder / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You // Still Ill

set list provided by REX

Last edited:
Did anyone get any good footage of still ill?!

I did!!! Got the whole thing. I also have when he ripped off his shirt during Let Me Kiss You. Is there a way for me to upload videos on this message board?

Does anyone else think Kristeen Young could be the love child of Morrissey and Linder Sterling?

Does anyone have a recording of this show? Would love to have it for my collection.

Morrissey you have two retroactive awards and one current award. Where would you like me to send them? They are pending.

How about the songs / videos he used as his interval tapes?

These are some of the ones I remember...

Velvet Underground - I'll Be Your Mirror (Song)
Patti Smith - ??? (Song)
Sparks - ??? (Video)
Nico - ??? (Video)
New York Dolls - Lookin For A Kiss (Video)

Post any of the other songs you heard or videos you saw (I didn't know what the rest was)

Patti Smith song played was Redondo Beach

Also played Siouxsie and the Banshees - Helter Skelter

Mozz was in top form. Chatty but thoughtful I think he might have felt a tinge of guilt for postponing the show, and for cancelling the show scheduled in Oakland, CA. Every Day is Like Sunday was my favourite but so was the mellow There Is A Light..

Venue was classic converted movie house in Bucktown, north side of Chicago, the Congress, so I've heard, and was just as seedy as it's ever been, having hosted many metal / hardcore matinees like CBGB did in the Lower East Side of NYC back in the mid- to late 1980s. (Think Murphy's Law and bands of that ilk.)

Encouraging to me that the crowd was exceedingly well behaved (reverent?) until the encore, as others have mentioned. Met a lot of younger folks at show, like Chris, his first show and Sarah with her friend with giant NHS glasses like you-know-who's.

Travelling so many times to see Mozz this year, Chicago was the most memorable of the North America dates for sure. Thanks so much to lead / band and crew!

I'm not sure if this is the same gentleman that I saw force his way from the right side of the stage, but he was a tall, heavy set fellow, who was rushing past people. I felt a surge press up against me from behind and heard a very nice elderly couple - late fifties, early sixties? - scream at the top of their lungs, "Back the f*** up! Back! You are not getting through!" This petite little woman was shoving this 6 foot guy with all her might, slapping at him, but he looked a bit out of it. He ignored everyone, had a glazed over look, and had his eyes fixated on Moz, hands extended. Someone clawed at him repeatedly from behind, demanding that he "calm down and back up!" and eventually he disappeared.

Yes when he got to the front with "people he knew" I elbowed him til he got sick of it and left.

EILS my personal favourite., though the mellow There Is A Light excellent as well. Mozz and the band in top form - Mozz chatty, yet thoughtful, feeling maybe a tinge of guilt for the postponing of the Chicago show, and cancellation of the Oakland, CA show.…

Venue was nearly perfect given the backdrop - a classic converted movie house in Bucktown, north side of Chicago. The Congress, so I've heard, and was just as seedy as it's ever been, having hosted many metal / hardcore matinees like CBGB did in the Lower East Side of NYC back in the mid- to late 1980s. (Think Murphy's Law and bands of that ilk.)

Crowd went manic towards the end though they were very respectful for 90% of the show. Chris I hoped you enjoyed your first Mozzer performance!

Can someone post the set list one more time? Thanks.

why do people make fake set lists? I think it's hilarious sort of because I realize the work that goes into it and while I don't pay attention I know in my heart that it has to infuriate people, so I appreciate a well-crafted and effective troll, once, say.

It doesn't seem worthy of being repeated. It just seems pathetic. There must be more interesting things to do.

When did the show actually start? I drove by the theatre at 7:00 p.m. and the lines went on for blocks!

Yeay, pandemonium!

Happy for Chris who made it up there @1:00. Joey said Chris had made many attempts on tour but only got beatdowns.

...and there's me being climbed upon at 1:23. :thumb:

Last edited:
"If you don't know who wrote that song, get out" a bit more vitriol haha!I got a setlist too, in the form of a paper airplane, I think from the bassist. Here's the image!
327786_236519793088030_100001900349088_578569_2067754810_o.jpg

How the bloody hell do you make this smaller?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom