Charlton Heston Dies At 83

• Thread starter Deleted member 6305
  • Start date
It's people like you (that's sounds offensive, I'm not trying to be) who by maintaining the current state of affairs, even though they are unhappy with it, make change very difficult.

That's not true. You are confusing meekness with being realistic.

I am one of those people who try to help out causes that I believe in. In fact, I did just that at six o'clock this morning. I am by no means complacent.

The way people are speaking of him you would think he was a rapist.

*wonders if jukebox jury has seen this thread yet*

it isn't unlikely that that 'news' will be reported soon.

watch this space.

Re: Charlton Heston Dies actually At 84

*wonders if jukebox jury has seen this thread yet*

it isn't unlikely that that 'news' will be reported soon.

watch this space.

Hahaha, Phill said he's going to put you on ignore. :D

HIM, how is hattie? I have not heard from her lately.

hallo cassius.

she's as delightful and great as ever, but she's away for a few days. she'll be back before long.

You members from the US should rejoice....if we here in the UK wake up in the night to find our homes being robbed etc...if we use a weapon to lob said robber over the head or lynch him out the window.....nine times out of ten the robber will take you to court.!!!Shoot the bastards!shoot the bastards.......dum di dum:D

Rest in peace Charlton.

I loved Ben Hur.and as far as i'm aware you hurt no one.

You members from the US should rejoice....if we here in the UK wake up in the night to find our homes being robbed etc...if we use a weapon to lob said robber over the head or lynch him out the window.....nine times out of ten the robber will take you to court.!!!Shoot the bastards!shoot the bastards.......dum di dum:D

Rest in peace Charlton.

I loved Ben Hur.and as far as i'm aware you hurt no one.

:D HA! Here in the US too! :rolleyes:
I guess there is a reason why they say to shoot the intruder first, then fire some warning shots into the ceiling.

:D HA! Here in the US too! :rolleyes:
I guess there is a reason why they say to shoot the intruder first, then fire some warning shots into the ceiling.

This reminds me of a story my boyfriend told me. Someone he knows (or something like that) has just gotten his permit to carry a concealed weapon. He was at a stop sign when a man ran up to him and pointed a gun at him. Thinking quickly, the man in the car grabbed his gun and shot the other man in the chest. The man survived and is suing him, saying it was a hate crime because the man is black and the guy who shot him was white. :rolleyes: Hopefully it won't make it too far into the legal system.

Yes, first thing that popped into my head.

"From my cold, dead hands" is my battle cry for just about everything these days.

Are you guys talking about the story I just posted?

If so, I guess you would have been happy if he had been shot by that other man? That's exactly what would have happened if he hadn't shot first.

If not, then I sincerely apologize for misinterpreting you.

This reminds me of a story my boyfriend told me. Someone he knows (or something like that) has just gotten his permit to carry a concealed weapon. He was at a stop sign when a man ran up to him and pointed a gun at him. Thinking quickly, the man in the car grabbed his gun and shot the other man in the chest. The man survived and is suing him, saying it was a hate crime because the man is black and the guy who shot him was white. :rolleyes: Hopefully it won't make it too far into the legal system.

:eek: I would like to say that is unbelievable.....but, I've heard some stories like that before.
We could probably make a new thread about lawsuits like that! :rolleyes:

:eek: I would like to say that is unbelievable.....but, I've heard some stories like that before.
We could probably make a new thread about lawsuits like that! :rolleyes:

I am just appalled that some people think the man that defended himself was in the wrong. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't do the exact same thing. Sometimes quoting Morrissey songs just doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Here's a case that you might find interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby's_massacre

It will either reinforce your beliefs or maybe perhaps let you see things from my point of view.

Also, the article does not say where the killer got the gun from.

can I ask what point you are making with this article?

there are so many, far too many horrific cases one could link to. :(

Back
Top Bottom