celebrate bass player

miryam_moz85

MiryamLoopDeLi
ok we had the drummers by skinner..i think now it's time for the famous bass player out there... I also play the bass and in addition wanted a thread to celebrate them. The guys in the back who also keep the rhythm and a bit more;) Post pics, stories, articles or whatever you like of your favourite bassist!!

PS: @ skinner (sorry, i stole some text parts..hope you don't mind:p)

i start with stanley clarke
TheToysOfMen.jpg

Jean-Jacques Burnel
J-J.jpg

Andy of course;)
280106_mvc_rourke_02_400x300.jpg

and Adam Clayton
adamclayton.jpg

and him, of course:eek:
m_6d8d9b041e1a11df2e7ed1157ae58bdb.jpg

Dont forget David J from Bauhaus & Love and Rockets <------saw them last night in San Diego for their warm up Coachella show and they KILLED!

Loved every second of it!

Last edited:
Dont forget David J from Bauhaus & Love and Rockets <------saw them last night in San Diego for their warm up Coachella show and the KILLED!

Loved every second of it!

You are very lucky! I really like Love and Rockets! :guitar:

Here are some I am a fan of:

The master, Les Claypool...
5191939-lg.jpg

Tal Wikenfeld (she toured with Jeff Beck and now has a solo record out) she is extremely talented and only 21 years old!)
610x.jpg

and RIP one of the best bass players that ever lived, Cliff Burton:
Cliff_Burton_Rtl.jpg

The next time you hear a Black Sabbath song, do yourself a favor and really listen to the bass. You will realize that Geezer Butler is ridiculously good!

Geezer_Butler_Photo.jpg

Probably the most talented player of them all who sadly also died too young, Jaco Pastorius:
B00008PRS8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Not to mention the fact that he single handedly invented the fretless bass. He was a creative soul "Too rare to live, to weird to die"

Last edited:
i started playing bass a smidge over a year ago and realized it's not as easy as it looks.

anyways...

Les Claypool is very impressive, but makes terrible music.

Hooky is great, but he's almost not a bass player. let's say he's the best lead bassist

Jerry Only, even if he did ruin the name of The Misfits

Gaz and Solomon

The Rourke

Simon Gallup

Geezer Butler

David J

Mike Dirnt (come on, he's good!)

steve harris
steve_harris.jpg

John Entwistle (the who)
4Big_nov.jpg

James Jamerson
jamerson.jpg

Glenn Hughes
glenn_hughes.jpg

Bernard Edwards of Chic. Ripped off by Queen for Another One Bites The Dust. How about that bassline to Good Times? Hugely influential.

Peter

Andy Rourke (The Smiths)
andyrourke.jpg

Steven Severin (Siouxsie and The Banshees)
220px-Siouxsie-steve-severin-oakland.jpg

Benjamin Orr (The Cars, RIP)
Benorr.jpg

Cliff Williams (AC/DC)
7.jpg

Kim Deal (The Pixies)
51kimdeal.jpg

Of those not mentioned, Mark Sandman (Morphine), Bootsy Collins, Tony Levin, Phil Lesh and Chris Squire come to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom