Canada: right of reply - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140423_01
23 April 2014

Canada: right of reply

There was something more than slightly desperate in Gail Shea referring to my recent comments on the annual Canadian seal slaughter as "ignorant", as reported in Canada's National Post.
Speaking on behalf of Gail Shea, Sophie Doucet - showing symptoms of the same Shea disorder - stated: "I would urge Mr. Morrissey to consider the impact that his ignorant and inflammatory statements have on the livelihoods of thousands of hard-working men and women in rural communities". I should remind Sophie Doucet that building and maintaining the Concentration Camps of Auschwitz also provided livelihoods, but this hardly made the Camps warranted. Let it also be added that the vast financial benefits of the seal slaughter are not directly intended for those hard-working men and women in rural communities, who, in fact, are merely used by the Fisheries Minister to do the messy task of searing flesh.
Further, Sophie Doucet's shrill tension claims that my anger against Canada's carnival of death: " ... is clearly just another case of a millionaire celebrity, desperate for a hobby".
I can assure Sophie Doucet that I know more about the seal hunt than I wish to know, and only by suppression of humanity could anyone look away and not care. Also, whether a challenge comes from a millionaire or from someone who is homeless is a remark that would only be made by someone of imperious ignorance, who cannot develop the moral debate, and whose own personal financial agenda comes before the lives of thousands of healthy beings.
More importantly, Gail Shea is so constantly absorbed by challenges and counterchallenges of her actions and beliefs that we must wonder why it has not yet occurred to her that she might be doing something wrong. The answer, as it usually is, would be the impossibly constricted mania for financial profit - at any price.
In Western culture, there is no acceptance of the Canadian seal slaughter, and simply because someone bears the badge of Minister does not insulate them from being a disreputable thug. Murder is not debatable, and the people of Canada must speak up and stop this carnage in order to restore the global image of their country. As ever and as always, it is always up to the people to put things right.
Morrissey
23 April 2014
Los Angeles.

Canada to Morrissey:

Last edited by a moderator:
Auschwitz, really?

53xGcBe.gif

Canada: right of reply - true-to-you.net
23 April 2014

There was something more than slightly desperate in Gail Shea referring to my recent comments on the annual Canadian seal slaughter as "ignorant", as reported in Canada's National Post.
Speaking on behalf of Gail Shea, Sophie Doucet - showing symptoms of the same Shea disorder - stated: "I would urge Mr. Morrissey to consider the impact that his ignorant and inflammatory statements have on the livelihoods of thousands of hard-working men and women in rural communities". I should remind Sophie Doucet that building and maintaining the Concentration Camps of Auschwitz also provided livelihoods, but this hardly made the Camps warranted. Let it also be added that the vast financial benefits of the seal slaughter are not directly intended for those hard-working men and women in rural communities, who, in fact, are merely used by the Fisheries Minister to do the messy task of searing flesh.
Further, Sophie Doucet's shrill tension claims that my anger against Canada's carnival of death: " ... is clearly just another case of a millionaire celebrity, desperate for a hobby".
I can assure Sophie Doucet that I know more about the seal hunt than I wish to know, and only by suppression of humanity could anyone look away and not care. Also, whether a challenge comes from a millionaire or from someone who is homeless is a remark that would only be made by someone of imperious ignorance, who cannot develop the moral debate, and whose own personal financial agenda comes before the lives of thousands of healthy beings.
More importantly, Gail Shea is so constantly absorbed by challenges and counterchallenges of her actions and beliefs that we must wonder why it has not yet occurred to her that she might be doing something wrong. The answer, as it usually is, would be the impossibly constricted mania for financial profit - at any price.
In Western culture, there is no acceptance of the Canadian seal slaughter, and simply because someone bears the badge of Minister does not insulate them from being a disreputable thug. Murder is not debatable, and the people of Canada must speak up and stop this carnage in order to restore the global image of their country. As ever and as always, it is always up to the people to put things right.

Morrissey
23 April 2014
Los Angeles.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Auschwitz, really?

Are you seriously implying that he's equating the slaughter of seals to Auschwitz? Seriously? You're smarter than that.

He's simply making a point that the "livelihoods" used as excuse to slaughter seals make no sense.

"It's just business, cattle prods, and the I.M.F"

A proper right of reply would be allowing Gail Shea space on TTY to place an unedited reply to this. It does sadden me that the increasingly desperate flag-waving "I'm still here" communications are diminishing a great legacy. We know there's a record coming out, we know your name needs to be in the press, we know you feel strongly about these things, we've seen increasingly outlandish metaphors in your rhetoric, we've seen this so many times before, it's a tired schtick. Just make a f***ing good record and let's talk about how great it is.

P.

Last edited:
"Speaking on behalf of Gail Shea, Sophie Doucet - showing symptoms of the same Shea disorder - stated: "I would urge Mr. Morrissey to consider the impact that his ignorant and inflammatory statements have on the livelihoods of thousands of hard-working men and women in rural communities". I should remind Sophie Doucet that building and maintaining the Concentration Camps of Auschwitz also provided livelihoods, but this hardly made the Camps warranted. Let it also be added that the vast financial benefits of the seal slaughter are not directly intended for those hard-working men and women in rural communities, who, in fact, are merely used by the Fisheries Minister to do the messy task of searing flesh."

^ That was the point I was making in the reply I made to the last article:

"...impact that his ignorant and inflammatory statements have on the livelihoods of thousands of hard-working men and women in rural communities."

So it will impact people looking at an innocent little seal and blowing its brains out?

Good! Get another f***ing job!

Moz and I officially share the same brain!

Last edited:
"It's just business, cattle prods, and the I.M.F"

A proper right of reply would be allowing Gail Shea space on TTY to place an unedited reply to this. It does sadden me that the increasingly desperate flag-waving "I'm still here" communications are diminishing a great legacy. We know there's a record coming out, we know your name needs to be in the press, we know you feel strongly about these things, we've seen increasingly outlandish metaphors in your rhetoric, we've seen this so many times before, it's a tired schtick. Just make a f***ing good record and let's talk about how great it is.

P.

f*** that. She can reply in any newspaper in the world. She can go on television and reply. In the US it's called "equal time" and it means that if one political party gets network television time "the other" (because we pretend their are only two) gets equal time on that same network. It does not mean that the Republicans have to feature Democratic Party views on their website.

Perfect. :sweet:

you lost Morrissey, using WWII in a discussion is not done, it's common knowledge on usenet

he'd better say nothing, and let Gail Shea's blood rise for a few weeks

'and they say he's mentall' ... maybe european mainland people understand it better than USA....

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140423_01
23 April 2014

Morrissey
23 April 2014
Los Angeles.

I think both of his statements are well expressed and fairly made. He has a platform and a voice and people DO listen. So, why shouldn't he speak up? If people don't want to read his statements, then just don't read them. Simple as that. Don't go off with stupid gifs and name calling. Morrissey is correct in this matter. Seal clubbing is completely inhumane and if anyone disagrees then they are clearly evil in every way possible. It is definitely those who choose to look the other way who are the most ignorant. And, by the way, I think using Auschwitz as an example is acceptable. Because it is unnecessary. It is evil.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom