Can you tell a racist joke & not be racist?

Silent Reader

On Timeout
On Timeout
I say yes.

I'm not talking Bernard Manning on primetime TV, but if you're in a pub with a mate, saying it quietly, not offending anyone, and you don't mean it, it's just a joke isn't it.

I know people who disagree but they're taking themselves too seriously. And they're white saviours, as per.

I bet Black people tell racist jokes all the time about White people. Good on them, doesn't bother me!

I'f you're saying things you don't mean I guess you're a liar?
And if a racist joke is something that you don't mean then is it based on something you find to be true or not?
If nothing about it is true I don't think it would qualify as a joke and if it is based on the truth and you're saying it then why don't you mean it?
Do you mean that you want to be slippery and make racist remarks until someone asks you to explain at which point you will say that you didn't mean it?
So you're basically full of shit?
That's the only logical conclusion.

And if a racist joke is something that you don't mean then is it based on something you find to be true or not?
If nothing about it is true I don't think it would qualify as a joke and if it is based on the truth and you're saying it then why don't you mean it?
Do you mean that you want to be slippery and make racist remarks until someone asks you to explain at which point you will say that you didn't mean it?

Hey @vegan.cro, look at who's calling somebody else "slippery". The temerity of this guy, no self awareness at all :rofl::laughing::LOL:

So now every joke told has to be based in hard fact? What a laughable response. How 'woke' of you. I take it you don't have a sense of humour.

Of course. You might be recounting the joke as evidence of someone else's racism.
A more relevant question though might be, 'can you call someone 'woke' and not be an alt-right blowhard?'

What is a ‘race’? Bullshit leftists think every possible distinction is a different race. Is it racist to talk about differences between Germans and polish? Knobs

Is this a racist joke?:

What do you call a black man driving a bus?

A bus driver you racist bastard, what else would you call him?

I'd say anyone who finds that racist is in serious need of getting over themselves. I know someone who did.

🤒
WTF FAKE C!!!
what are you talking about? LOGIC? this makes absolutely no sense..
'if nothing about it is true I dont think it would qualify as a joke'??? who are you now Don Rickles?:crazy:
'you want to be slippery and make racist remarks until someone asks to explain?" WTF???:swear
you have steadfastly refused to explain your many "BOOMBOX ZONE" posts FFS:blushing:

Thanks Vegan Cro Spirit, glad to see I'm not the only one on here with a bit of common sense.

Some people are just so hand-wringingly, achingly, earnestly 'right-on'.

We just don't feel it like they do, we just can't understand their wokeness.

It depends on the joke.

I had a huge fight with a playwright who put a slave ship rape joke into a play, I think he got the tone wrong & it was laughing at the victim. He was offended that I was offended. But, I couldn't help it. It was revolting.

I've seen some funny Bernard Manning routines on YouTube & he's supposed to be the worst.

It depends on the joke.

I had a huge fight with a playwright who put a slave ship rape joke into a play, I think he got the tone wrong & it was laughing at the victim. He was offended that I was offended. But, I couldn't help it. It was revolting.

I've seen some funny Bernard Manning routines on YouTube & he's supposed to be the worst.
:rolleyes:

you are at the play too?:confused:
you seem to be everywhere.:blushing:
live or via bandwith?:unsure:

:rolleyes:

you are at the play too?:confused:
you seem to be everywhere.:blushing:
live or via bandwith?:unsure:

That play was a couple of years ago now.

I've spent the past few months in my flat, visiting my parents & going to Waitrose. Only non-online play I've seen is a musical in the Vauxhall's beer garden.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on the joke.

Yeah that joke you quote sounds like it's going a bit beyond the pale.

Manning did some good routines, I remember one about a racist guy who lives next door to an Indian & he says 'I'm better than you because I'm White' & the Indian says 'no, I'm better than you'. The White guy asks why that is & gets the reply 'well, I don't live next door to a f***ing Indian for a start'.

It was funnier when Bernard told it, I'm sure. His routines weren't that bad, it's just when they're viewed through the woke prism of modern day sensibilities.

Yeah that joke you quote sounds like it's going a bit beyond the pale.

Manning did some good routines, I remember one about a racist guy who lives next door to an Indian & he says 'I'm better than you because I'm White' & the Indian says 'no, I'm better than you'. The White guy asks why that is & gets the reply 'well, I don't live next door to a f***ing Indian for a start'.

It was funnier when Bernard told it, I'm sure. His routines weren't that bad, it's just when they're viewed through the woke prism of modern day sensibilities.

I think he offended his own era's sensibilities - very rude & blue. His jokes usually punch up rather than down though.

The fact that Silent Reader and nerak type in exactly the same style is, I'm sure, entirely coincidental. I doubt Silent Reader is just a new account set up by nerak to ruffle a few feathers and also to give voice to some of her underlying Tory sensitivities, or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom