Morrissey Central But Before You Go, Can You Look At The Truth - Fiona tweet, concert footage from 2011, UK doctors / vegan article (May 17, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
"OPINION"
unnamed-2_zrulji.jpg

"ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST"

"BUT BEFORE YOU GO, CAN YOU LOOK AT THE TRUTH?"
Adjustments_tgmiti.jpg

Fiona's tweet, concert footage (of Still Ill) & an article about UK doctors going vegan to prevent future global pandemics.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s all fair enough, but Fiona talked of ‘huge’ crowds and ‘filled’ arenas. That sounds alarm bells, for me. I don’t see how it helps—in terms of Morrissey continuing as a force in pop music.

My guess for London, based on a comparison with 21 pilots, would be 6,500 in attendance.

Had the sales figures for Dog been good, I could blame the pandemic, and rest easy.

I’ve seen The Sex Pistols and The Charlatans in massive venues, half-full. The former packed in, the latter carried on regardless playing smaller venues. But no one in attendance was under any illusion about what had happened. And both sets of artists recognised a need to act: one saved their memory, the other saved their future. If Morrissey refuses to make some change—due to some denial—he risks f***ing up both. I don’t want to see that.

On the Wembley attendance: the security guy I spoke to during the build-up to the show said "we're expecting about 5,000 tonight" and that was including their estimate of how many ticket-holders would stay away due to virus fears. Which I suspect means they'd sold 6500 to 7,000 tickets. (By comparison, he said they'd had 7,000 show up the previous night for Lewis Capaldi, on a night when all the tickets had been sold.)

Last edited:
That’s all fair enough, but Fiona talked of ‘huge’ crowds and ‘filled’ arenas. That sounds alarm bells, for me. I don’t see how it helps—in terms of Morrissey continuing as a force in pop music.

My guess for London, based on a comparison with 21 pilots, would be 6,500 in attendance.

Had the sales figures for Dog been good, I could blame the pandemic, and rest easy.

I’ve seen The Sex Pistols and The Charlatans in massive venues, half-full. The former packed in, the latter carried on regardless playing smaller venues. But no one in attendance was under any illusion about what had happened. And both sets of artists recognised a need to act: one saved their memory, the other saved their future. If Morrissey refuses to make some change—due to some denial—he risks f***ing up both. I don’t want to see that.

She was more fuzzy than that.

Considering he's meant to be Hitler, it was a decent crowd, the usual types, proved he wasn't afraid to appear in the UK & there was no protest or campaign against the venues.

It's hard to tell what he's up to from SER's posts.

On the Wembley attendance: the security guy I spoke to during the build-up to the show said "we're expecting about 5,000 tonight" and that was including their estimate of how many ticket-holders would stay away due to virus fears. Which I suspect means they'd sold 6500 to 7,000 tickets. (By comparison, he said they'd had 7,000 show up the previous night for Lewis Capaldi, on a night when all the tickets had been sold.)
There is no way there was only 5000 there that night, I had a great vantage point and it was me who estimated 8000 and I stand by that. And anyway some random security guy may have been genuine or just talking bollocks but I doubt he'd accurately know how many were actually there.

You know whatever the exact figures that made it into Wembley that night and ticket sales as a whole, we'll never know but Moz put on a great 24 song set that night and everything seemed to go well from what I could see.
Not sure analogies with any other bands make any sense when Moz is concerned tbh.
As wonderful as he is, he is subject to the same pushes and pulls as anyone else on the greasy pole called ‘show business’.

BMG have as good as given him a two-fingered salute: there was zero promotion; zero interest in the album. Not even a proper single release.

It is time to call Houston, because he has a problem.

Yes sure. Number three for a week and out of the charts. Didn’t chart anywhere else in the world except Poland. Half sold shows in small venues. Defend Morrissey if you want, but don’t spin reality when the facts don’t back you up.
The Morrissey brand is toxic.

‘Half sold shows in small venues’?

I take it you were’t there!?

I was at Leeds! It was incredible!

Morrissey isn’t a brand...he’s an artist! He’s the real thing! He’s unique!

IANADOAC is a masterpiece and it will, like all of his work, stand the test of time.

As wonderful as he is, he is subject to the same pushes and pulls as anyone else on the greasy pole called ‘show business’.

BMG have as good as given him a two-fingered salute: there was zero promotion; zero interest in the album. Not even a proper single release.

I dont agree with him being the same as anyone else in the music industry in terms of what his next move may be. He said it himself in an interview with Lauren Laverne several years ago "I am unique". Lauren was slightly lost for words at that response but the point was out there. Moz will do it his own way and whether BMG offer a deal or not he will surprise us all again.

Probably a stand-off because he won't do any press.

‘Half sold shows in small venues’?

I take it you were’t there!?

I was at Leeds! It was incredible!

Morrissey isn’t a brand...he’s an artist! He’s the real thing! He’s unique!

IANADOAC is a masterpiece and it will, like all of his work, stand the test of time.
History will hang him high.

That’s possibly true, but is there only Morrissey standing off? BMG are acting like they’ve gone.

We should now be looking forward to a next single, or a first one proper (there’s an abundance to choose from, in principle). But instead, tonight, we’ve been invited to enter Fiona’s parallel universe.

A sense of loyalty has made me feel uneasy mentioning it, but what the f*** is going on at Morrissey Central? It’s completely f***ing bonkers. Although, it defies the idea Morrissey is a ‘control freak’—I’ll give you that. It’s just stuff thrown at a wall.

Because he is thick as shit, a control freak, so won't do anything off the cuff, it's controlled email questions or sycophantic lackies he favours.
The emporer hasn't worn any clothes for years and those that matter see straight through the jumped up fake opportunist twat.

That’s possibly true, but is there only Morrissey standing off? BMG are acting like they’ve gone.

We should now be looking forward to a next single, or a first one proper (there’s an abundance to choose from, in principle). But instead, tonight, we’ve been invited to enter Fiona’s parallel universe.

A sense of loyalty has made me feel uneasy mentioning it, but what the f*** is going on at Morrissey Central? It’s completely f***ing bonkers. Although, it defies the idea Morrissey is a ‘control freak’—I’ll give you that. It’s just stuff thrown at a wall.

I think it's literally whatever SER comes across. He's got an Italian deep state anti-vaxx video up now, with no comment, although it's got some Mozzian obsessions in it - state control of the poor & child abuse.

Well, on this I have to agree with you. I was at Wembley Arena last year, to see 21 pilots, I know what a well attended concert there looks like (f***ing packed standing and seated).

I was at the Morrissey gig: it wasn’t well attended. I wish it had been. I feel he deserved it. But it wasn’t.

The album is brilliant. The sales were poor. I couldn’t describe it as anything other than a commercial failure, if an artistic success.
Who or what is 21 pilots? This post says more bout the sad and sorry state of musical taste in general of the public than it does about Morrissey.

Because he is thick as shit, a control freak, so won't do anything off the cuff, it's controlled email questions or sycophantic lackies he favours.
The emporer hasn't worn any clothes for years and those that matter see straight through the jumped up fake opportunist twat.

Oh, piss off & come back when you've made a name for yourself.

The “problem” is people like you and the mainstream media constantly insisting he has a problem because of some violation of political correctness. In the real world no one I know has a problem with anything Moz has said or done. Must be a UK thing. But the UK media has been out to get Moz for over a quarter-century, since NME started their anti-Moz campaign in 1992 over Finsbury.

Why the obsession with singles? Really mean nothing in today’s world. This isn’t 1985 and everyone looking forward to the next 45rpm to play on the jukebox in the pub.

Why the obsession with singles? Really mean nothing in today’s world. This isn’t 1985 and everyone looking forward to the next 45rpm to play on the jukebox in the pub.

I suppose it's a collector's thing. And it gets on the radio.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom