Brooklyn, NY - Kings Theatre (Sep. 24, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / All The Lazy Dykes / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All You Need Is Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / Jack The Ripper / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided FROSTY.

• Morrissey rules the stage at intimate New York City show: EW review by Rick Tetzeli - Entertainment Weekly
  • Watch as Morrissey covers the Ramones 'Judy Is A Punk' - NME.com. Link from Rene.
  • Photo from doorsixteen / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39160_brooklyn.jpg

Last edited:
Entire concert here. If you're a fan, you will enjoy this:

THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Boy the way Glenn Miller Played
Songs that made the Hit Parade
Guys like us we had it made
Those were the days.

And you knew who you were then
Girls were girl and men were men
Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again

Didn't need no Welfare state
Everybody pulled his weight
Gee our old Lasalle Ran great

Those were the days!

Theme song to the American seventies sitcom All In The Family. Morrissey sang the lines in bold before Suedehead. Take Me Back to Dear Old Blighty lingers on…

An excellent show. The place was packed. Zero empty seats and I had a bird's eye view of the venue. The audience was very enthusiastic and Moz seemed to appreciate it. There was way too much smoke effect during Jack The Ripper. From my seat the stage was completely obscured for nearly the entire song. A few surprises in the setlist as noted above. I thought he sang the Ramones fairly well. He starts with an a cappella snippet of "Jet Song" from West Side Story:

Note the blue colored flower he takes from the audience during Irish Blood, English Heart:

2LUyS5.png

Some of his stage crew were wearing t-shirts that said "Be Kind To Morrissey Or I'll Kill You Crew":

ptGCIZ.jpg

Two successful stage invaders during Everyday Is Like Sunday. First one got handled pretty rough:

DDbk1N.png

1eTpe2.png

Second one got a nice conciliatory handshake from Moz after being pushed back:

Xc2228.png

qhzFIM.png

I have video from the entire show and will be uploading soon. Good night!

I knew you must have been Larry Rulz!

Thanks for the photo. I'm the one who got the handshake. (I also got clobbered by security afterwards)

An excellent show. The place was packed. Zero empty seats and I had a bird's eye view of the venue. The audience was very enthusiastic and Moz seemed to appreciate it. There was way too much smoke effect during Jack The Ripper. From my seat the stage was completely obscured for nearly the entire song. A few surprises in the setlist as noted above. I thought he sang the Ramones fairly well. He starts with an a cappella snippet of "Jet Song" from West Side Story:

Note the blue colored flower he takes from the audience during Irish Blood, English Heart:

2LUyS5.png

Some of his stage crew were wearing t-shirts that said "Be Kind To Morrissey Or I'll Kill You Crew":

ptGCIZ.jpg

Two successful stage invaders during Everyday Is Like Sunday. First one got handled pretty rough:

DDbk1N.png

1eTpe2.png

Second one got a nice conciliatory handshake from Moz after being pushed back:

Xc2228.png

qhzFIM.png

I have video from the entire show and will be uploading soon. Good night!

Last edited by a moderator:
So upset that I had to work. It was right in my own backyard. Soooooooooooo disappointed!!!!!!!!! Moz Rules!

What songs did Moz reach out and touch the crowd? I was in the second row and reached out enough for him to lightly grab my hand before he walked back to the main stage but I for the life of me can't remember when this was. I was too in-the-moment and gushing. It wasn't during Suedehead

very good show. fast pace, lots of songs. definitely wasn't phoned in. also, he looks fit. i was surprised how good he looked when the shirt came off. great venue, great show. real glad i went.

Fit ? Did you see his gut ? Not a good advertisement for vegetarians . But the gig was good , so that 's all that really counts.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom