Brooklyn, NY - Kings Theatre (Sep. 24, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / All The Lazy Dykes / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All You Need Is Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / Jack The Ripper / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided FROSTY.

• Morrissey rules the stage at intimate New York City show: EW review by Rick Tetzeli - Entertainment Weekly
  • Watch as Morrissey covers the Ramones 'Judy Is A Punk' - NME.com. Link from Rene.
  • Photo from doorsixteen / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39160_brooklyn.jpg

Last edited:
Are you? Enjoy yourself then.

perhaps you have your butler searching the internet for any signs of poor attendance at moz shows? lol
while you parade yourself down piccadilly square in a top hat.
(maybe you should limit your lager intake to a pint a day)

Neither can he! Amusing he is still trying to appropriate The Ramones after dissing them at the outset and being told to stick his gay-boy cover for their greatest hits. What a closeted tosspot Morrissey has turned out to be .

the story is that he found out dee dee had been a gay hustler, so right there and then became a big fan.

perhaps you have your butler searching the internet for any signs of poor attendance at moz shows? lol
while you parade yourself down piccadilly square in a top hat.
(maybe you should limit your lager intake to a pint a day)

You need to stay off the moonshine boy, your posts are not making any sense, so I'll leave you to it until next time you spout your lies.

You need to stay off the moonshine boy, your posts are not making any sense, so I'll leave you to it until next time you spout your lies.

ah.."boy"? oh, of course, i should have known, you are spending the summer in the Rhodesia of your liquored up mind..lol

Nice of him to pay homage to one of New York's finest, even if he did slag them off when he reviewed them back in the day.

I saw the Ramones a couple of times and thought they were ace, although I'm convinced they were the start of tinnitus problems I had a few years ago!

Sorry to bother you but how did you get rid of the tinnitus problems ?
I have some too and thought nothing much can be done about them.
Good for you !
Cheers

Sorry to bother you but how did you get rid of the tinnitus problems ?
I have some too and thought nothing much can be done about them.
Good for you !
Cheers

Good question, they told me at the time that there were 2 options. 0ne was to wear some sort of hearing aid which introduces white noise at the frequency that is causing the ringing. The other, which I chose, is to learn to live with it and tune your mind into the the noise so your brain thinks it's normal and therefore nullifies it. I Had to get help from a psychologist to help me do this but it works for me in the main. I still have odd periods when it comes back, mainly when I think about it like right now would you believe. I was joking regarding the Ramones. I used to play bass in a local band and that's what caused mine.

Good question, they told me at the time that there were 2 options. 0ne was to wear some sort of hearing aid which introduces white noise at the frequency that is causing the ringing. The other, which I chose, is to learn to live with it and tune your mind into the the noise so your brain thinks it's normal and therefore nullifies it. I Had to get help from a psychologist to help me do this but it works for me in the main. I still have odd periods when it comes back, mainly when I think about it like right now would you believe. I was joking regarding the Ramones. I used to play bass in a local band and that's what caused mine.

Thank you so much.
After studying it I will do the same as you did!
I got mine after The Clash. :(
I think everybody attending did. :eek:
Sorry if I brought it back by mentioning it.
I hope you still enjoy bass playing and get enough satisfaction out of it. Cheers :thumb:

Hey yoos, I stahted the night at Sczklizchckis Sawsage dogs with me and Bobby Big Head downed 5 Brooklyn Special Polish hot dogs wit extra cheese. I ain't eatin' like yoos people out dare in California wit all dat veggie crap. I got all my pops Frank records because I was in da pit and I was hopin' dis guy Morris would sign dem because they would be wort sumpin on da street considering da fact dat dis guy Morris is Nancy Sinatra's life partner or whateva yoos people call it out dare in California. So, I get to da pit and start shoving my way to the front and knock down dis tube steak just standin' dare holdin dis blue rose , then I knock down some hick lookin' middle aged lady standing right up front like she deserves to be there. So dis limey did int sign none my records and even worn my Ramones shirt with cheese and hot dog crumbs all over it so dis guy Morris would know I was a real New Yorkar. I'm sure Johnny Ramone was turning in his grave out dare in California.

morr johnny ramone.jpg

great cover , strange to hear M singing in a different style , good to see Boz etc keeping true to the style and playing only down strokes as well

An excellent show. The place was packed. Zero empty seats and I had a bird's eye view of the venue. The audience was very enthusiastic and Moz seemed to appreciate it. There was way too much smoke effect during Jack The Ripper. From my seat the stage was completely obscured for nearly the entire song. A few surprises in the setlist as noted above. I thought he sang the Ramones fairly well. He starts with an a cappella snippet of "Jet Song" from West Side Story:

Note the blue colored flower he takes from the audience during Irish Blood, English Heart:

2LUyS5.png

Some of his stage crew were wearing t-shirts that said "Be Kind To Morrissey Or I'll Kill You Crew":

ptGCIZ.jpg

Two successful stage invaders during Everyday Is Like Sunday. First one got handled pretty rough:

DDbk1N.png

1eTpe2.png

Second one got a nice conciliatory handshake from Moz after being pushed back:

Xc2228.png

qhzFIM.png

I have video from the entire show and will be uploading soon. Good night!

Excellent coverage! You're great at this. Thanks for everything.

Another incredible show in the books, the crowd was great minus 1 or 2 annoying drunks in the pit.. other than that it was perfect!
He was in great spirits and setlist was also great... phenomenal ramones cover too!

Trying to head across the country in November for the other shows.. we shall see!

JET SONG

When you're a Jet,
You're a Jet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Jet,
If the spit hits the fan,
You got brothers around,
You're a family man!

You're never alone,
You're never disconnected!

You're home with your own:
When company's expected,
You're well protected!

From the American musical West Side Story (1957)
Music Leonard Bernstein
Lyrics Stephen Sondheim

Off-topic? Morrissey sang the bold part before he tackled Judy Is A Punk. Do your research before you hit the off-topic button you ignorant tosspot!

I was second row in the pit in front of Jesse and this was my first show since Vegas in January. I loved the longer setlist; I was surprised after MIM that there was more than just one song. I thought How Can Anybody sounded fabulous, I love that song though and most of YATQ, so I was psyched. The Ramones cover was an unexpected bonus.

Morrissey looks and sounds great, like he's really enjoying this. I'm happy that he seems so happy.

That venue was packed. Whomever is saying it wasn't full or that there were gaps didn't turn around and look up from the pit. Not a hole in the crowd that I could spy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom