Brooklyn, NY - Kings Theatre (Sep. 24, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Ganglord / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel? / All The Lazy Dykes / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All You Need Is Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / Jack The Ripper / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided FROSTY.

• Morrissey rules the stage at intimate New York City show: EW review by Rick Tetzeli - Entertainment Weekly
  • Watch as Morrissey covers the Ramones 'Judy Is A Punk' - NME.com. Link from Rene.
  • Photo from doorsixteen / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39160_brooklyn.jpg

Last edited:
Ok... Moz knocking out the Ramones was pretty badass. The vocal melody really works for him.

I was second row, dead center. First Moz gig. I really hope I can make it to some more in the future. I had some thoughts of jumping up during the encore, but security was awfully rough with the few people who attempted. Quite ironic given the ganglord montage.

Gustavo Manzur sings the end of Speedway and the last couple of sentences at the end of World Peace in Spanish. Also loved the opening medley, specially the Flesh video and the Alain Delon famous scene...

14484625_10154641902316424_3213701862204297558_n.jpg
14492388_10154641902311424_5151688997676806278_n.jpg

geez, another sparse crowd. another 'packed' in theory but not in fact crowd. quick perusal: 1/4 empty, tiny venue to boot. maybe a new album or a real interview is in order, but maybe no interesnt in either.

geez, another sparse crowd. another 'packed' in theory but not in fact crowd. quick perusal: 1/4 empty, tiny venue to boot. maybe a new album or a real interview is in order, but maybe no interesnt in either.

geez, are there any other subjects you might not be interested in so we can deal with them too? :confused:

geez, are there any other subjects you might not be interested in so we can deal with them too? :confused:

like claiming im retired drinking champagne in the french riviera, taking time out from my busy schedule to check if anyone is posting about attendance figures at a moz forum, while in reality im drinking lager in mommys basement? no im focused only on whats real, the declining moz attendance, detailing the devious manner in which he hides his cheese consumption etc. non moztrollbot subjects.

Oh look, the liars back, what a surprise.

Tonight's show was a treasure to behold. His voice was rich and melodic the whole night with the exception of a few shaky notes in "Lazy Dykes." The switcheroo for singing duties, and guitar/drum duties happened again at Speedway. Couple of cheeky "All in the Family" bars played before How Soon is Now.

A really lovely crowd. Completely packed. I was in the pit, and it was just as gentle as ever. Was I the only one who felt all the love in the air tonight? Just so much love oozing in that place.

Some of the banter included how CNN is choreographing the presidential election. Tonight Boz was introduced as being from Hoboken, New Jersey.

There was probably a total of six stage attempts only two that really made it. No one was terribly roughed up by the venue security. Morrissey's traveling security, of which there was probably a total of four, looked ready to pounce at the drop of a hat. The barriers were climbable, and Morrissey teased us to with the "come hither" siren's song.

In general, his spirits seemed good. He played a fun Ramones cover as an encore, after all. I've been to his shows where there is no encore. You can feel the mood sometimes shift during a show with him. Not tonight. Tonight, he came prepared to give a show we would all remember. Morrissey loves New York. And we're so lucky for it. He gives us so much, and tonight's crowd gave him some love right back. It was a magical night.

I can verify that above setlist is correct, too.

Thanks for this review. The electricity was in the air in Philly too; the room was filled with enthusiasm and admiration. Glad you had such a great time.

lynnda

Hey friends, took a handful of little videos at the show, they're on my Instagram if anyone is interested:

https://www.instagram.com/ohhijordan/

Thought the setlist was a bit odd at times but overall had a great time. Jack the Ripper with the smoke was incredible.

like claiming im retired drinking champagne in the french riviera, taking time out from my busy schedule to check if anyone is posting about attendance figures at a moz forum, while in reality im drinking lager in mommys basement? no im focused only on whats real, the declining moz attendance, detailing the devious manner in which he hides his cheese consumption etc. non moztrollbot subjects.

Thanks for answering my question.
But if you are really focused on what's real the subjects you named are highly debatable. That's okay cause everything is.

Declining Moz attendance? I don't see it if I look at the footage posted in the postshow comments in the tour section of this site.
And the response from the audience is still as strong as it was or maybe even stronger. You might think there is a big conspiracy to hide things but the evidence for that is very debatable too.

I can't be bothered by his cheese consumption, sorry, I just can't.
This is all part of the fuss surrounding him and secondary to his music. Interesting, entertaining and amusing but secondary.
Secondary to his music, his lyrics and his stageperformance.

Yes, you could say it is hypocritical, I don't care, I just don't care.
Many people are. He is just an interesting artist cause he dares to be different. Different from many other so-called great popstars who adjust there music and opinions to what they think the public thinks. And who are borrrrringgggg. :sleeping:

Thanks for answering my question.
But if you are really focused on what's real the subjects you named are highly debatable. That's okay cause everything is.

Declining Moz attendance? I don't see it if I look at the footage posted in the postshow comments in the tour section of this site.
And the response from the audience is still as strong as it was or maybe even stronger. You might think there is a big conspiracy to hide things but the evidence for that is very debatable too.

I can't be bothered by his cheese consumption, sorry, I just can't.
This is all part of the fuss surrounding him and secondary to his music. Interesting, entertaining and amusing but secondary.
Secondary to his music, his lyrics and his stageperformance.

Yes, you could say it is hypocritical, I don't care, I just don't care.
Many people are. He is just an interesting artist cause he dares to be different. Different from many other so-called great popstars who adjust there music and opinions to what they think the public thinks. And who are borrrrringgggg. :sleeping:

Neither can he! Amusing he is still trying to appropriate The Ramones after dissing them at the outset and being told to stick his gay-boy cover for their greatest hits. What a closeted tosspot Morrissey has turned out to be .

Clearly you were not there. Everything you said is untrue.

Neither can he! Amusing he is still trying to appropriate The Ramones after dissing them at the outset and being told to stick his gay-boy cover for their greatest hits. What a closeted tosspot Morrissey has turned out to be .

OK, BrummieBoy, off course you are right he dissed them once, many, many years ago but I do recall he changed his opinion very quickly and Judy is a Punk by the Ramones is on his Under the Influence CD. Why would he do that if he didn't like them?

Just to push his image as a radical punkloving pop singer? To be considered dangerous to the so-called establishment ?
All this lying on the grave of a Ramone, (I still can't distinguish one from the other, except for Joey, sorry) is all just a show-off?
I can't believe it. He just likes them so much.

" being told to stick his gay-boy cover for their greatest hits ", well, it is a reaction you just might expect from the Ramones, isn't, dead OR alive, ha :D

I think Morrissey doesn't care about that either, cause he could expect it. :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom