"Brandon Flowers Bans His Kids From Listening To Morrissey's Songs Due To His Racist Views" - Aceshowbiz (April 18, 2020)

Brandon Flowers Bans His Kids From Listening To Morrissey's Songs Due To His Racist Views

Shoplifterromo sends the NME article indicating the original interview from The Times:

Shoplifterromo also sends the link:

Brandon Flowers Admits It’s ‘Difficult’ to Separate Morrissey’s Politics and Music - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
Brandon...grow a pair and listen to whatever the hell you want to!! Forget political pressure and left wing ideology or even right wing ideology and be yourself!!! Morrissey has always wanted everyone to be themselves no matter how odd that might be or look. That's why we have leaders and followers and everyone who stands on a stage and sings is not a leader. Brandon (follower) Morrissey (Leader)

I agree, but calling The Killers irrelevant as some posters on here have done doesn't make sense. They may be irrelevant to those posters but not to the wider world, as a hell of people buy their albums and go to their shows
Ticket sales are a sign of relevance? The Pope sells more tickets than that and you couldn't get more irrelevant than the church. People flocking in droves to mediocrity is nothing to brag about. I would say the killers are irrelevant to their fans also. If not I'd love to hear how they are relevant.

We listened to a bit of Viva Hate in the car last year at one point and when "Bengali in Platforms" came on, our 11 yr old said "What does he mean by that, that life is hard enough when you belong here?" We ended up having a really interesting chat about different cultures and immigration and why some grown-ups might be scared of people from other parts of the world coming to their country. (The 11 yr old thought that was stupid, to be scared.)
What leftists and woke idiots won't get about that beautiful song is that it is a lament - and clearly so - for the plight of immigrants in Britain in the 1970s and how they initially struggled to assimilate. Morrissey is obvious writing of his childhood and teenage years and it's a sympathetic lyric penned in the third person. However, it's easy to pretend not to be scared of mass immigration for the sake of woke liberalism. Lee Rigby and the Manchester Islamic bombings are two obvious points of further discussion for any well versed intelligent 11 year old.

Ticket sales are a sign of relevance? The Pope sells more tickets than that and you couldn't get more irrelevant than the church. People flocking in droves to mediocrity is nothing to brag about. I would say the killers are irrelevant to their fans also. If not I'd love to hear how they are relevant.

What's your take on how Morrissey is relevant?

Truth.

The Smiths will be remembered.

Morrissey will be remembered.

The killers ?

Marr’s solo work ?

Not so much.

:cool:

Truth.

The Smiths will be remembered.

Morrissey will be remembered.

The killers ?

Marr’s solo work ?

Not so much.

Agree on The Smiths and Morrissey but why not the Killers, i'm pretty sure a band who has sold 28 million albums and sold 350,000 tickets in a day for this years UK tour will be remembered?

Agree on The Smiths and Morrissey but why not the Killers, i'm pretty sure a band who has sold 28 million albums and sold 350,000 tickets in a day for this years UK tour will be remembered?

Sales do not matter.

What has truly stirred people’s hearts and continues to, does.

Killers, Lady Ga ga’s, etc... all just flashes in the pan.

So Morrissey stirs your heart, I'm sure the Killers sir someone else's heart.

In the larger scheme of music history.

killers?

Marr’s solo work ?

Will it have the same impact?

No so much.

FFS KILLERS SUCK:):) they sound like the spice girls
and the brandon cuck looks like pee wee herman an all ? act

I bet he makes his kids listen to Billy Bragg on a daily basis. Poor bastards.

Well done Brandon. Morrissey has to be called out on his disgusting views. It’s shameful how people on this site continue to contort themselves to justify his vile outpourings.

Brandon...grow a pair and listen to whatever the hell you want to!! Forget political pressure and left wing ideology or even right wing ideology and be yourself!!! Morrissey has always wanted everyone to be themselves no matter how odd that might be or look. That's why we have leaders and followers and everyone who stands on a stage and sings is not a leader. Brandon (follower) Morrissey (Leader)
Those with a microphone bear responsibility for their reach. If "being yourself" means being a mental acrobatics gold medalist defending the disgusting beliefs of a has been pop singer, then I'd rather be somebody else, thanks.

Well done Brandon. Morrissey has to be called out on his disgusting views. It’s shameful how people on this site continue to contort themselves to justify his vile outpourings.

Please stop emptying the contents of your sewer mind on this site. It’s disgusting.

Those with a microphone bear responsibility for their reach. If "being yourself" means being a mental acrobatics gold medalist defending the disgusting beliefs of a has been pop singer, then I'd rather be somebody else, thanks.
How about being somewhere else? Thanks.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom