Boy George on Morrissey - Build

"Working class poet"

Yeah, you can't disagree with that.

*waits for someone to disagree with that*

Mountjoy is poetry. But there is more here than one may realize. Please Google Mountjoy before listening.

George is a good guy,always felt there was a real connection between M,boy george and marc almond,camper than a row of tents but in a good way.

Nice comments. Always liked George. Love when he's finished speaking about Morrissey's influence and the embryo asks, 'Do you have any contemporary inspiration... someone a little bit more recent'?

He then mentions Stromae, Thomas Azier, VOID, so he's still right.
Good guy, great taste!

Nice comments. Always liked George. Love when he's finished speaking about Morrissey's influence and the embryo asks, 'Do you have any contemporary inspiration... someone a little bit more recent'?
He always comes across well in interviews. Just don't let him loose around radiators!! My sister had a pal who was obsessed with him and used to group around his home back in the 80s as a teenager. I think he appears happier and more at ease these days guess it comes with age.

Mountjoy is poetry. But there is more here than one may realize. Please Google Mountjoy before listening.

Boy George was on an episode of Who Do You Think You Are? a few months ago. He went to Mountjoy Prison.

"Iconic pop star Boy George grew up in south London in an Irish family. George expects to find a lot of sadness in his family tree. He knows that his maternal grandmother was found wandering the streets of Dublin as a small child and put in a children's home and wants to find out how she came to be in such a dire situation. He's also heard that another ancestor was hanged in Dublin's Mountjoy Gaol and is somehow connected to Kevin Barry who was commemorated in a well-known Irish rebel song. As George uncovers the grim details of what really happened to his grandmother and his great uncle, he also delights in a new sense of his family being truly part of Irish history."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bcr8mm

I admit to having made a pilgrimage to his home more than once recently, and I'm not even an 80's teenager anymore!
He's spoken of Morrissey very fondly in the past.

He always comes across well in interviews. Just don't let him loose around radiators!! My sister had a pal who was obsessed with him and used to group around his home back in the 80s as a teenager. I think he appears happier and more at ease these days guess it comes with age.

I love the host's immediate discomfort with discussing an artist so obviously beyond her periphery - 'someone more recent.' I mean, it's to many listeners' aggravation, but Morrissey is still very much knocking around and attempting to play cards with the zeitgeist :lbf:

It's hard to have been around in the 80's and not been influenced by Morrissey's songwriting, unless you were one of the sorts who ignorantly dismissed his songs as miserable when they had far more humour than any other artist's songs.

I've always struggled to find Morrissey's influence on George though but then an artist will always appear as themselves so their influences can appear less obvious. For example, you'd never really notice Morrissey's musical influences in his songs.

I see what he means about his Morrissey influence, specially in his solo albums. I love George for his music, but also for not being scared to express himself.

George is a good guy,always felt there was a real connection between M,boy george and marc almond,camper than a row of tents but in a good way.

100% agree to this. For example:
Georges Twitter Post years ago:

And

Marc:

And I remember to a funny story Marc told...
About a night he was out with Morrissey together with a ‘friend’....

Would be very interested to hear a pop single collaboration between el Moz, Marc and George. Would be class.

BG: "Yeah sure I could mention someone more recent that doesn't have the charisma or devotion that Morrissey has."

I like Boy George. He's always reminded me of a slightly less gay version of Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom