Boulder, CO show cancelled - Gustavo in hospital following collapse

Post by @mattsebastian / Twitter, link from an anonymous person:

Morrissey's show in Boulder canceled as keyboardist Gustsvo Manzur remains hospitalized following a collapse. Band won't play without him

UPDATE 11:00 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey's Boulder Theater show canceled as band member collapses - Boulder Daily Camera

Excerpt:

"It is with great regret that tonight's sold out engagement with Morrissey has been cancelled to due to severe illness of a member of the band," wrote Z2 Entertainment's director of marketing, Darlene D'Agostino Beck, in a statement. " We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope to announce a rescheduled date soon."

UPDATE Nov. 15:

TTY: Boulder (Gustavo update, tour to start again in Detroit?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course they couldn't play....otherwise during Speedway Morrissey would have to run and jump into a hospital bed

yes, but someone reported that he did not at Salt Lake the show before Boulder, and it's only speculation on my part yes,but it is why I suggested he was probably not feeling up to doing it.

Morrissey did sing all of Speedway in Salt Lake on Nov. 12, but Gustavo did sing the final part of another song later in the concert there. It seemed fine.

No, Gustavo didn't sing in Salt Lake.

Well, the guy standing at the keyboard sang something with what seemed like a spotlight on him, at the end of one of the later songs in the Salt Lake show, whom Morrissey introduced as "Gustavo" when he named the band. So I assume that was Gustavo singing the final part of a song. I was startled so I don't remember which song it was, (but it wasn't Speedway obviously). I guess it's possible it was a piped-in vocal effect, but it sure looked and sounded to me like Gustavo singing something. If you were at the Salt Lake show and can say that I'm wrong, let me know, but that's what I saw.

Well, the guy standing at the keyboard sang something with what seemed like a spotlight on him, at the end of one of the later songs in the Salt Lake show, whom Morrissey introduced as "Gustavo" when he named the band. So I assume that was Gustavo singing the final part of a song. I was startled so I don't remember which song it was, (but it wasn't Speedway obviously). I guess it's possible it was a piped-in vocal effect, but it sure looked and sounded to me like Gustavo singing something. If you were at the Salt Lake show and can say that I'm wrong, let me know, but that's what I saw.

Oh, you're right. He sings the end of World Peace is None of Your Business. Forgot about that.

He won't reschedule.

Isn't that a bit early to say so?
I remember a poster saying here he could cancel the forthcoming shows and later reschedule all of them in one batch.
But I understand your pessimism.
Cheers

Remember the tour that he canceled all of his Florida shows, and rescheduled none of them...? It was 2009, four shows, and none of them were ever rescheduled.

They do travel all the time so Boz flying back to the USA is probably not too usual. If he did cancel all the remaining dates, I hope he announces soon, I won't make travel plans.

Miss this silly old guy

They do travel all the time so Boz flying back to the USA is probably not too usual. If he did cancel all the remaining dates, I hope he announces soon, I won't make travel plans.

Miss this silly old guy

That is some special version of I'm Not A Man!
On the album it sounds very serious and heartbreaking and almost visionary.
Now it almost sounds and looks like he is laughing at himself and about his dramatic stance!
And all of that in Spain!
Interesting footage, thanks for sharing.

Photos here by Dan Page

http://marqueemag.com/2016/11/photos-morrissey-boulder-theater-11142016/

01-Morrissey-1.jpg

01-Morrissey-2.jpg

01-Morrissey-3.jpg

What ever happened to the classic saying "The Show Must Go On!!!"?
If anyone one city was left 'hanging',it was Boulder, CO.
Hopefully we might see Morrissey reschedule in Colorado .

Post by @mattsebastian / Twitter, link from an anonymous person:

Morrissey's show in Boulder canceled as keyboardist Gustsvo Manzur remains hospitalized following a collapse. Band won't play without him

UPDATE 11:00 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey's Boulder Theater show canceled as band member collapses - Boulder Daily Camera

Excerpt:

"It is with great regret that tonight's sold out engagement with Morrissey has been cancelled to due to severe illness of a member of the band," wrote Z2 Entertainment's director of marketing, Darlene D'Agostino Beck, in a statement. " We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope to announce a rescheduled date soon."

UPDATE Nov. 15:

TTY: Boulder (Gustavo update, tour to start again in Detroit?)

What ever happened to the classic saying "The Show Must Go On!!!"?
If anyone one city was left 'hanging',it was Boulder, CO.
Hopefully we might see Morrissey reschedule in Colorado .

Nothing happened to the classic saying itself.
It still exist.
But the interpretation has changed slightly.

I understand your disappointment.
But, some of the fans are quite ridiculous in their demands.
They'd rather have him on stage even if he was tied to the hospital bed, saying well, he can sing lying in his bed.
But than " his voice was not good, he looked terrible, and, of course, the set list was bad, and I want my money back.
Mind you, not directed at you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom