Boulder, CO show cancelled - Gustavo in hospital following collapse

Post by @mattsebastian / Twitter, link from an anonymous person:

Morrissey's show in Boulder canceled as keyboardist Gustsvo Manzur remains hospitalized following a collapse. Band won't play without him

UPDATE 11:00 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey's Boulder Theater show canceled as band member collapses - Boulder Daily Camera

Excerpt:

"It is with great regret that tonight's sold out engagement with Morrissey has been cancelled to due to severe illness of a member of the band," wrote Z2 Entertainment's director of marketing, Darlene D'Agostino Beck, in a statement. " We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope to announce a rescheduled date soon."

UPDATE Nov. 15:

TTY: Boulder (Gustavo update, tour to start again in Detroit?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit better than having Jonathan Ross, Russell Brand and David Walliams telling a crowd that a Morrissey gig couldn't go ahead.

I hope Gustav is well soon. Collapsing is a traumatic thing to happen to someone.

So, this must have happened at the venue if everyone was there and they were ready to play, right? How terrible, I remember being at the Swindon show when Moz collapsed on stage right in front of us during the second show, and it was horrifying! Get well Gustavo.

Post by @mattsebastian / Twitter, link from an anonymous person:

Morrissey's show in Boulder canceled as keyboardist Gustsvo Manzur remains hospitalized following a collapse. Band won't play without him

UPDATE 11:00 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey's Boulder Theater show canceled as band member collapses - Boulder Daily Camera

Excerpt:

"It is with great regret that tonight's sold out engagement with Morrissey has been cancelled to due to severe illness of a member of the band," wrote Z2 Entertainment's director of marketing, Darlene D'Agostino Beck, in a statement. " We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope to announce a rescheduled date soon."

Due to kidney stones, l've been told. He should be ok. :)

Ah isn't it funny how Uncle Skinny and the usual lot don't comment on something positive that Moz does.

Best wishes Gustavo

Certainly best wishes to Gustavo, a very talented player.

Though perhaps I can be the voice of dissent here - my take is that a great many bands (not all, certainly) would have gone on. There are certainly many songs in the current pool that could be very adequately performed without keyboard and other accompaniments.

I respect the decision that was made, but am I the only one that can also argue the other side of it? I mean, the room was full of people ready to go. Then again, "the show must go on" has never been a mantra of MorrisseyTour, Inc.

Please do not misread me - again, I hope for a speedy recovery for Gustavo.

Great hospital and I couldn't think of a better place to get stuck for a few days.

Ah isn't it funny how Uncle Skinny and the usual lot don't comment on something positive that Moz does.

Best wishes Gustavo

I imagine they're cringing at how bots are fawning over their leader simply because he had the decency to explain a cancellation.

Fair enough for cancelling. Playing on without Gustavo wouldn't have happened considering how close the collapse was to the starting time. I initially assumed G had pulled a sickie after being booted off Speedway. But if it's kidney stones, fair dues. Very sore.

sick-bear-get-well-soon-message-for-girlfriend.jpg

So sorry to hear about Gustavo's health scare. Best wishes for quick recovery.

I suspect G was sick for a while having not sung recently...
and if M and band did play without him then all the hatebots, skinny,etc would have said of course they'll play without G ...'everything for the money,blah blah,blah'....

Anyways... wishing you a speedway to your recovery Gustavo ! :)

Last edited:
Certainly best wishes to Gustavo, a very talented player.

Though perhaps I can be the voice of dissent here - my take is that a great many bands (not all, certainly) would have gone on. There are certainly many songs in the current pool that could be very adequately performed without keyboard and other accompaniments.

I respect the decision that was made, but am I the only one that can also argue the other side of it? I mean, the room was full of people ready to go. Then again, "the show must go on" has never been a mantra of MorrisseyTour, Inc.

Please do not misread me - again, I hope for a speedy recovery for Gustavo.

Phew, i was thinking the same but didn't dare to write in case the Bots jump on me....or, my idea was as a musician (see my username), what about an acoustic show? Surely a (possibly even shorter) acoustic set is still better than no show at all?

Best wishes Gustavo

I'm sorry for the lateness of my reply, I've been in meetings all day.

The very fact that you used the opportunity of someone's hospitalisation as a means to score a dig says far more about you than it does about me.

I wish Gustavo a speedy recovery, just as I wish everyone a swift release from suffering.

my idea was as a musician (see my username), what about an acoustic show? Surely a (possibly even shorter) acoustic set is still better than no show at all?
:lbf::rolleyes:

then all the hatebots would be 'crappy short acoustic set..anything for the money...why didn't he just cancel it..and reschedule it so the fans get a real show?,blah blah blah....'

you might be a 'musician' but if you were an artist you may then be a bit of a perfectionist and would only want your idea of perfection and the desire to give your fans your vision of how you would want your songs and show to be presented.

I reckon forget having to go halfway around the world and play in places like Mancfester and Wallybongbongabongbong to make the property taxes for the Malibu house, I reckon Steve has a future as a motivational speaker. What balls to come out and talk to the stoners in CO. A real man.

I'm sorry for the lateness of my reply, I've been in meetings all day.

The very fact that you used the opportunity of someone's hospitalisation as a means to score a dig says far more about you than it does about me.

I wish Gustavo a speedy recovery, just as I wish everyone a swift release from suffering.

Ah, I suppose you have never commented negatively on any cancellation when Moz has been ill have you?

Let's all applaud Uncle Knobhead as he's always right(well in his world anyway)

Funny how you are so so negative about Moz these days in general, but I still laugh at you fawning and acting like a giddy child(as you had every right to) every time I see a clip on YouTube of the BBC radio concert.

Serious question though, what was the last Morrissey concert you attended?

Hey ho...lets go

The songs would sound a bit strange without the piano. Also, man down, abort mission. They probably also wanted to go to the hospital and wait with him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom