Boulder, CO show cancelled - Gustavo in hospital following collapse

Post by @mattsebastian / Twitter, link from an anonymous person:

Morrissey's show in Boulder canceled as keyboardist Gustsvo Manzur remains hospitalized following a collapse. Band won't play without him

UPDATE 11:00 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey's Boulder Theater show canceled as band member collapses - Boulder Daily Camera

Excerpt:

"It is with great regret that tonight's sold out engagement with Morrissey has been cancelled to due to severe illness of a member of the band," wrote Z2 Entertainment's director of marketing, Darlene D'Agostino Beck, in a statement. " We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope to announce a rescheduled date soon."

UPDATE Nov. 15:

TTY: Boulder (Gustavo update, tour to start again in Detroit?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I suppose you have never commented negatively on any cancellation when Moz has been ill have you?

Let's all applaud Uncle Knobhead as he's always right(well in his world anyway)

Funny how you are so so negative about Moz these days in general, but I still laugh at you fawning and acting like a giddy child(as you had every right to) every time I see a clip on YouTube of the BBC radio concert.

Serious question though, what was the last Morrissey concert you attended?

Hey ho...lets go

And there we have it folks. The argument is over, so it's ad-hom time, attacking the messenger, not the message. Seems to be the order of the day. So more is on it's way. Keep it coming.

And there we have it folks. The argument is over, so it's ad-hom time, attacking the messenger, not the message. Seems to be the order of the day. So more is on it's way. Keep it coming.

But this is the point, you are just negative towards Morrissey, never positive.

But when people are negative towards you, you can't take it and get all high and mighty and think you are some sort of Moz-Solo God

I don't know from Adam, but I guess you are probably a very nice person in real life. It would just be nice to see you post something positive about Moz for a change, especially for someone who must dedicate quite a bit of time on a MORRISSEY FAN website.

Again I'll ask, what was the last Moz concert you attended?

Peace

But this is the point, you are just negative towards Morrissey, never positive.

But when people are negative towards you, you can't take it and get all high and mighty and think you are some sort of Moz-Solo God

I don't know from Adam, but I guess you are probably a very nice person in real life. It would just be nice to see you post something positive about Moz for a change, especially for someone who must dedicate quite a bit of time on a MORRISSEY FAN website.

Again I'll ask, what was the last Moz concert you attended?

Peace

Firstly, I'm under no obligation to you or any other anonymous or non-anonymous arse to address any parts of any post. Secondly, you are only seeing what you want to see. Thirdly, you are continuing to play the man, not the ball. Fourthly, nothing you or anyone else says or does will change the manner of my posts. Fifthly - do feel free to get even more het up. You seem to like it.

Get well soon, to Gustavo...but I do think it slightly odd that the band are cancelling the gigs in the week he is 'resting', rather than carrying on. As much as I like Gustavo, Morrissey toured for years without a keyboard player - a couple of keyboard heavy songs might need to be dropped from the setlist, but otherwise I think the band could easily have played without him. I suspect most touring musicians would have adopted the 'show must go on' mantra and kept going.

I hope Gustavo gets well soon.

Daft question: could this have been a chance to do a different version of the concert? For example, a stripped down more accoustic version with emphasis on older songs that Gustavo didn't play on originally? I'm sure people wouldn't really complain too much if it was Moz singing with Boz on guitar and a lighter touch of drums. I guess something like that would take a fair amount of planning. I'm thinking back to when Suede had their tour truck stolen with all their equipment, so they got a few accoustic guitars and did a stripped down concert that went down very well with the fans. Moz's voice has never been better. I'd pay just to hear him sing with a guitar strumming in the background.

Perfect songs for accoustic concert: Jack The Ripper, We'll Let You Know, I've Changed My Plea To Guilty, The Lazy Sunbathers, Please Please Please, Back To The Old House, I Know Its Over, Jeane, Driving Your Girlfriend Home, Girlfriend in a Coma, Well I Wonder, This Night Has Opened My Eyes, Mountjoy, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, Used To Be A Sweet Boy, He Knows I'd Love To See Him, This Charming Man, The Headmaster Ritual.

Firstly, I'm under no obligation to you or any other anonymous or non-anonymous arse to address any parts of any post. Secondly, you are only seeing what you want to see. Thirdly, you are continuing to play the man, not the ball. Fourthly, nothing you or anyone else says or does will change the manner of my posts. Fifthly - do feel free to get even more het up. You seem to like it.

Blimey, you offer an olive branch....

If anyone gets het up on here it's YOU

Oh well keep playing the big man, maybe you are just a twerp after all.

P.s A sad twerp at that. A grown man spending his time on a fan site of an artist he can't even stand. Maybe you could put the time into fighting UKIP (very valid in my opinion) even more.

P.P.S You play the man every time with Moz and not the ball. (Same could be said for the way you speak to people you don't agree with on Twitter, I mean using Farage' 'alcoholism' as an attack is quite low, even if it is Farage)

Blimey, you offer an olive branch....

If anyone gets het up on here it's YOU

Oh well keep playing the big man, maybe you are just a twerp after all.

P.s A sad twerp at that. A grown man spending his time on a fan site of an artist he can't even stand. Maybe you could put the time into fighting UKIP (very valid in my opinion) even more.

P.P.S You play the man every time with Moz and not the ball. (Same could be said for the way you speak to people you don't agree with on Twitter, I mean using Farage' 'alcoholism' as an attack is quite low, even if it is Farage)

You have a very keen interest in my life. Some call that stalking.

I hope Gustavo gets well soon.

Daft question: could this have been a chance to do a different version of the concert? For example, a stripped down more accoustic version with emphasis on older songs that Gustavo didn't play on originally? I'm sure people wouldn't really complain too much if it was Moz singing with Boz on guitar and a lighter touch of drums. I guess something like that would take a fair amount of planning. I'm thinking back to when Suede had their tour truck stolen with all their equipment, so they got a few accoustic guitars and did a stripped down concert that went down very well with the fans. Moz's voice has never been better. I'd pay just to hear him sing with a guitar strumming in the background.

Perfect songs for accoustic concert: Jack The Ripper, We'll Let You Know, I've Changed My Plea To Guilty, The Lazy Sunbathers, Please Please Please, Back To The Old House, I Know Its Over, Jeane, Driving Your Girlfriend Home, Girlfriend in a Coma, Well I Wonder, This Night Has Opened My Eyes, Mountjoy, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, Used To Be A Sweet Boy, He Knows I'd Love To See Him, This Charming Man, The Headmaster Ritual.

Silly me already brought this up as an emergency option but obviously, according to Ketamine Sun, an ARTIST doesn't do this!

Silly me already brought this up as an emergency option but obviously, according to Ketamine Sun, an ARTIST doesn't do this!

some artists wouldn't... as M shows as an example of not going on with the show. :thumb:

He sang Speedway as usual in Reno on Friday night.

Feel better Gustavo!

yes, but someone reported that he did not at Salt Lake the show before Boulder, and it's only speculation on my part yes,but it is why I suggested he was probably not feeling up to doing it.

All very well but do you really think Moz and the band can do the show while in constant uncertainty about their pal? As I get the feeling they are all friends more so than what haters said about them all being replaceable lawnmower parts.
If they know he is okay, more or less and he will be good and healthy again in nearby future, than it can be a nice option.
I know, show must go on, professional this, and professional that.
You have to make a choice and I can understand it was no option NOW.
Fans at the venue seemed to understand and appreciate Moz explaining this on stage.

And there we have it folks.... How many times have I read that sequence of words, its irritating posh boy talk. :sleeping:

And there we have it folks.... How many times have I read that sequence of words, its irritating posh boy talk. :sleeping:

FINALLY. After all those year struggling on a red-bricked council estate, I am finally POSH. Thank you SO much. I'll tell my accountant.

I am pleased with the decision not to go on with the show until Gustavo is well enough to continue. It's shows what's important and what Morrissey and the band care about. All for one and one for all - it is a true spirit of camaraderie.

Kudos to the crowd, very understanding and supportive and it's not easy to be there waiting to see your idol and then knowing that you have to go home. Honestly, that was great. I am really sorry for all the people but it was the right thing to do, no insults, no whistles, I am very, pleasantly, surprised.
I hope Gustavo will get well soon.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom